Looking to book surgery, need to know who's best

Hi,

I guess this kind of question comes up quite a bit. I'm from the UK, I've had a quote for ??3000 from:-

http://www.thehospitalgroup.org

Obviously I want the job to be as good as possible, but money is an object as always :/

Are these guys any good? Would I be better off flying to America?

HM

Dont go near these people as they have a bad rep and I am sure others will warn you also.Their are lots of butchers doing HT and alot of them are in "BRITAIN". Also if you dont have the funds to go with a good doctor just delay and save up because its not worth the emotional and physical trauma to risk going with an unknown hack.HT results are very variable so its important to go to the best by researching for many months.In europe the best place is Belgium where there are a few good docs like feriduni,bisanga,mwamba.Or you could travel the pond if you can afford it!!.research!!.

HT 2006/7

Couldn't agree with TC more! I am from Ireland and would have went to a poor HT doctor here if I hadn't found this website. I did a lot of research and narrowed my search down to a number of doctors. Farjo in Manchester looked good, Feller in NY looks really good and Rahal in Canada seems quality. I also looked at Devroye in Belgium but eventually settled for Feriduni in Belgium. From forum members on here and pics I've seen he does really good hairlines. Even though they say travel should not be an issue I think that Belgian Doc's (Feriduni and Devroye) are as good as US/Canada docs. Will hopefully be able to confirm this this time next year!!

if $ is dictating which dr. you go to & how many grafts you get, then quite honestly I would wait until it's not.

Delicately helping those fragile souls who suffer from hair loss, w/motherly nourishment & care.

No probs here to help, These 2 docs are not known in the hairtransplant industry like many British doctors.If you cant see a portfolio of honest clear pictures of fully grown out patients like the best HT doctors here show stay clear because its toooooo risky.At least you came here and you can eliminate alot of the unknown risk by choosing someone good.Just do a search on this site under the hospital group and their are a few negative threads.One of their doctors a few years back called Greaves was struck off for falsifying his quals.HG They should stick to botox and lipo!!!.I made a mistake also by going to DHI for FUE because I didnt research and luckily got away with it but didnt get the density or hairline I wanted but I intend going to Brussels when I have enough funds and getting the gaps filled and hairline tinkered with.Also HT industry is pretty unregulated in that any doctor can do it but I would say only about roughly 20 in the world are good at it!!.Dont rush in and believe the bull some clinics feed you and you will make the right choice HunkyMonkey.And if they tell you they have a special offers run fast.

HT 2006/7

I don't think I'll ever be able to afford Feller unfortunately. I've had a couple of surgeons estimate I'll need between 2800 and 3000 grafts. By Fellers costs page that'd be $11,750

I've got a quote for $10,100 from Rahal...

In an ideal world money would be no object. But I'm guessing that there won't be much difference in the end result from the top 5 or 6 surgeons in the world. But there will probably be a considerable difference in price.

Like you said, research, research...

HM

hm, while price shouldn't dictate your decision alone, i will say the quotes you received from feller and rahal are about the average you can expect to pay to get surgery with any top doctor. as you have already been warned, going with anything less than a top doctor can end in disaster. my advice is to wait longer if need be and save more money. it will be worth it in the long run. a cheaply done ht will result in you spending even more money to get it fixed.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Did you call up Dr. Feller and ask him if he could help you out? The worst that happens is he says no. You never will know unless you ask.

These are tough economic times and I know many clinics have responded to those in need of a break.

It never hurts to ask for a stand-by or even just a simple break on the cost.

I work with people all the time to find the right fit within a budget --which includes expensive airfare, etc....obviously this is a business, but never be afraid to ask for some help---most people come in plunk down a credit card or cash and never really bother with the cost--for others it is huge issue.

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Originally posted by HunkyMonkey:

But I'm guessing that there won't be much difference in the end result from the top 5 or 6 surgeons in the world.

HM

This could be a separate topic, but since it is posted, I have to say that from the few things that I know that far, I tend to agree.

What do you guys think?

Hunky-- please send your information to my email directly at jason@shapiromedical.com

I will make sure you are contacted shortly.

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

So far I've requested quotes from Farjo, Feller, Rahal, Devroye, Feriduni, Shapiro and Kulahci. Only Rahal has got back to me so far...

Hunky,

I see that your research has led you to consult with a number of excellent surgeons. Personally, I'd trust my scalp to any of the ones you mentioned.

In my opinion, if you don't hear back from clinics in a few days, give them a call on the phone. Some clinics aren't as good at responding to emails as others might be. You can also do a free virtual consult with any of the above doctors you mentioned and more by using our virtual consult form.

Continue your research and select the doctor that you are the most impressed with.

Bill

Transmed ( Dr Melike Kulahci ) have got back to me now, the price is much more acceptable, but now that has me worried :/

I found her because I liked the look of:-

http://www.hairtransplantnetwo...atientID=338&drid=56

As it seems similar to my situation. Does anyone here have experience with her?

HM

Sorry, I have never heard of this doc or her group. i recommend seeing some of their work in person if possible. that's the best way to gauge someone that doesn't have a strong online presence.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

If price is THE deciding factor for you, then I think you should look to Brazil or Thailand because the exchange rate is still very favorable. 4,000 grafts with Dr. Tykocinski in Brazil would cost you about 7,800 pounds.

I have to say I'm quite disappointed in the response I've had from Dr Feller. I had an email 2 days after my first contact. I've replied 3 times since and heard nothing (first non answer from the 16th). It seems odd especially after I've read so many recommendations.

Maybe it's just me being impatient?

HM

Hunky,

Have these e-mails been w/ Dr. Feller (or Spex) himself? Or have they been to/with Marcia or whomever working the frontline communications at the clinic?

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Hi Hunkymonkey

I believe the guys you have mentioned are world class. I had my HT with Farjos 7 weeks ago and was delighted with the whole experience, see my previous posts for the results. However all the clinics you mentioned are just as good. Before deciding look at their work, there are some brilliant results out there.

I had my 2nd session done 10 months ago at Hospital Group by Dr.Julian Goldstone and I advice you to stay away from them.I am very disappointed with the results and I wish I had done more research.

the results are not NIGHTMARISH like some pictures I've seen but definately shows a poor transplant.since then I've been researching and I think in UK Farjo has really good results.

I will probably post a dedicated topic regardin my experience soon.