Norwood 6/7 : FUT with Dr Radha Rani - 3400 Grafts

second FUT with another scar at the back would be difficult to hide given now slightly limited donor area. Just my feeling. I would not loose hope yet. Continue maintaining a good scalp hygiene and see how much growth you have at the end of 1 year and then go from there. It is good that you now have frontal framing of the face. Wait for few months before making any further moves for HT then decide.

This is my gut feeling,may be other experts can answer this better?.

Yah the framing is there. However, due to the low density you also get a lot of stares toward the see through scalp.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all,

It's been 10 months since my first HT. I have a mixed feeling about the results. Its definitely better than the result after 7 months but could be due to the fact that I started growing hairs longer than usual. This does the trick. However under lighting, you can see through the scalp. I have uploaded several photos. Let me know what you guys think. Happy to listen to your thoughts and any suggestions you might have.

Best regards

IMG_20160117_115934.thumb.jpg.29d6f83be1f26fffaf93ee1a6b88104f.jpg

IMG_20160117_120141.thumb.jpg.a3a1dd3e496d687c3f53529fe1385b2e.jpg

IMG_20160119_180732.thumb.jpg.5546fe8d1a55814fb79d4960be9a6148.jpg

IMG_20160119_180749.thumb.jpg.fe3386b5da151cd18615b24f5fd926fd.jpg

IMG_20160119_180805.thumb.jpg.17bc9cf06b86c07d5e6027e3eb49ee51.jpg

IMG_20160119_180845.thumb.jpg.ef7e16746bbd1e231a46bc0c7ed00f16.jpg

IMG_20160119_180912.thumb.jpg.66af73e14d4ed4771b1f80ca2f38f2b8.jpg

IMG_20160119_180920.thumb.jpg.99bb0335bef43881c4e43a9eda41e37c.jpg

The growth % seems to be around 50% so far, yes I agree that frontal hairline is see through in harsh lighting. But it does not look unnatural at all. My advice is still the same. Wait for 12-18 months re-assess and if you still want to go for 2 nd HT then consider FUE with a reputed surgeon.

All the best bro, it does look better than at 7 months IMO.

Edited by harin

My Thread: 

• Administrators

Black Panther, glad to see you updated this thread, your case has been very intriguing, I think that improvement has been made, although, I think you'll need another 2-3 surgeries to really get the density you desire, if I were you I would most definitely consider BHT, tricopigmentation is something worth looking in to as well.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 3 months later...

Friends,

Its been 13 months post my first HT with Dr Radha. I have attached the most recent photos with this post.

I have decided to do my second HT as soon as possible. As always, I would like your recommendations and suggestions. As of now, I am considering FUT + BHT with Dr Kapil Dua or Dr Tejinder Bhatti.

By the way, I am placed in Germany now, so would be travelling to India only for HT. If there are cheaper options in Europe, I will consider that as well. I also prefer to go for a mega session rather than multiple smaller ones.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Front.JPG.5e61d6f9164aa999c11d7c8fc935ba16.JPG

Left.JPG.c7d3373f1bcf6a959d375fa955c1ae31.JPG

Right.JPG.f6591d1d37c0eeb32c6329cda2360e93.JPG

Top.JPG.f1ba571133adbed65b771e1e9c66f2d5.JPG

Back.JPG.adeb0b5a2af1c95818d4464db1ad1fec.JPG

5b32ec64122d7_Back2.JPG.4dbcdfb246b141ca5ca141253b5630a6.JPG

IMG_0954.thumb.jpg.fec0c6373417dfef68dcfa832d7388e1.jpg

Friends,

Its been 13 months post my first HT with Dr Radha. I have attached the most recent photos with this post.

I have decided to do my second HT as soon as possible. As always, I would like your recommendations and suggestions. As of now, I am considering FUT + BHT with Dr Kapil Dua or Dr Tejinder Bhatti.

By the way, I am placed in Germany now, so would be travelling to India only for HT. If there are cheaper options in Europe, I will consider that as well. I also prefer to go for a mega session rather than multiple smaller ones.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

I can see why you feel that you have mixed feelings about the results, have you tried growing it out slightly longer in hopes of it covering the gaps more?

When researching for my 2nd HT, Dr. Jean Devroye was a european surgeon with great results and very reasonable prices, so I'd suggest looking to him.

I can undeestand your mixed feelings about your result. I would say however you were a difficult case from the start. Take your time in choosing your next Dr. Personally I think you have good hair texture for BHT. There is certainly potential for you to gain some density. Often for high Norwood cases, hair transplantation is first and foremost more of a journey than an answer. Please coninue to keep us posted here in the following months and longer. You have an interesting case and in the hands of the right doctor you can expect some great improvement ahead.

• Administrators

BlackPanther I was hoping you had a bit more growth at 12 months, I will be brutally honest, this does not look like 3,400 grafts, the truth is it look more like 1,800 grafts spread out, this means you probably had poor growth for some reason. You can tell from the first post op picture on the hairline, the grafts were densely packed and now they have large spaces between them Have you discussed this with Dr. Radha?

Many times the excuse of the doctors will be that you were very bald to begin with, this is true, but if you look at the thick terminal hairs you have on your head, it does not look like 3,400, not to mention if you got 3,400 grafts you would get close to double the amount of follicles, so regardless that logic would not work. I would consider Harin's doctor in New Delhi, Harin's a good guy PM him and he will give you more details wish you all the best.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Hello Panther,

My brother and I got two hair transplants each from Dr. Radha. The first hair transplant, I received 3,700 grafts in the front half and on the second hair transplant, I received 2,400 grafts on the crown area. I also did not take medication/minox, since I wanted to see the real results of the transplant and since Dr. Radha said I did not need it.

I am happy I received my hair transplant from Dr. Radha, but my hair still does look very thin. I think I received like 43 grafts/cm in the front and like 30 grafts/cm on the crown. It still looks very thin and I have to get another transplant. I got my first transplant in January 2014 and my second one in January 2015, so it has been some time.

The positive side is that my hair looks natural, but thin. I want to get an FUE and BHT treatment with Dr. Bhatti or possibly Dr. Dua. I also looked at Doctors in Turkey. I do not want to save $1,000 on a HT, if my results will be iffy. There two other FUE Doctors in Turkey, but they are more expensive. Dr. Bhatti is on the top of my list with Dr. Dua right behind. I don't know about Dr. Soni.

Let me know on who you decide to go with. I want to schedule my HT for August.

Good luck with the growth.

Edited by David - Moderator

• Administrators
She implanted 30 grafts per square cm. That's the reason for his result.

30 grafts per square is okay coverage if the hairs grow, unfortunately the hairs did not grow, the result is subpar, I hope Black Panther will discuss this issue with the doctor. The truth is for the area covered 3,400 grafts should have made a significant impact in the hairline which it did not, I was hopeful he was a late grower but at 13 months the growth should be there.

View my thread

30 grafts per square is okay coverage if the hairs grow, unfortunately the hairs did not grow, the result is subpar, I hope Black Panther will discuss this issue with the doctor. The truth is for the area covered 3,400 grafts should have made a significant impact in the hairline which it did not, I was hopeful he was a late grower but at 13 months the growth should be there.

I agree, also it is not like it grew and then fell, since this is a well documented journey by Blackpanther we can assume that the result has been sub-par. I am not blaming anyone here, but it would be interesting to see what explanation is on offer. For we know that even in the best hands results cannot be guaranteed.

blackpanther - I have sent you a pm, check it out, also have you been in touch with the doctor?, if so what has been her response?.

My Thread: 

She is an excellent doctor and her expertise in FUT is great!

By looking into his post op pic it seems he was definitely planted 3400 Grafts but unfortunately hardly any grew also he is not on any medications.

Well i am personally very interested to know what Dr.Radha has to say about this case.

@Harin,

I responded to your PM.

As requested by other senior members, I have asked Dr Radha for her feedback, I will keep you posted. I personally would like to NOT regret about has/hasn't happened and move on with the next procedure. Any feedback about Dr Suneet Soni is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Ashok

BlackPanther I was hoping you had a bit more growth at 12 months, I will be brutally honest, this does not look like 3,400 grafts, the truth is it look more like 1,800 grafts spread out, this means you probably had poor growth for some reason. You can tell from the first post op picture on the hairline, the grafts were densely packed

Actually the harsh lighting is reflected off the mid scalp area. So lighting comes from behind, and if the mid scalp doesn't have much hair it will create a see through effect. I remember when I started balding, my temples would first recede. Once I started loosing hair from the mid scalp, that's when I had see through scalp. Again look how Radha implanted grafts on his mid scalp. Its so spaced out.

• 8 months later...
Friends,

Thanks in advance.

Regards

hi brother i also did transplant with her 1 year before with unsatisfactory results h

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Has anybody found anything more on Dr. Radha recently? I had just about settled on choosing her until the few most recent experiences with her are negative. I'm so disheartened and can't find anybody in my price range!