Norwood 6/7 : FUT with Dr Radha Rani - 3400 Grafts

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Its been a little over three months now and I have recently moved into Germany. I see some growth but I think they are just my old hairs and not the transplanted ones. Reason behind this assumption being i got only the front and some part of mid scalp covered during the session but i see random growth on the crown as well.

Thoughts welcome.

_20150625_212458.jpg.48aa8f51d040ee31f0bb4364c5c6fe73.jpg

5b32e6eb763bf_IMG_20150625_2121412.jpg.509525fa3d2c8f5ebda95a0586d121fe.jpg

5b32e6eb8aa91_IMG_20150625_2123222.jpg.e65d7ba8d6906c61311a2999d5422d79.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
thanks panther for updating , ..... are you taking meds ..... maybe that could be the reason for growth...

i think your good time starts now .....keeping my finger crossed

No meds. Once you start them, you are dependent on them forever. I would rather live with what i get out of HTs and be done with it;)

I live your decision taking process...... Here i am torned between whether to go for ht or not ....... Should i risk my johnie and take procepia...

This next month is considered the most crucial ...., best of luck

Quite a positive difference between 3rd and 4th month. Regarding meds, I guess the side effects are probably advertised a lot than supposed to be. The amount of people who get the sides is considerably less but only people getting sides post online, so we feel that sides are too common. I myself was afraid of using it for 2 years but now when I started using them, I feel no difference with respect to sides.

HT with Dr Radha - 30th June 2015

Total grafts: 3168 (1's: 930, 2's: 2090, 3's: 148 )

Total hair: 5554

Pre-op pics

My regime:

1mg Finpecia daily

Multivitamin tablet daily

Cod liver oil capsule twice a day

Minoxidil 5% solution (1ml) once a day

Nizoral Shampoo 1% (once a week)

I live your decision taking process...... Here i am torned between whether to go for ht or not ....... Should i risk my johnie and take procepia...

This next month is considered the most crucial ...., best of luck

I talked to my regular dr about propecia and he told me he hasn't had a single patient experience erection problems from that drug; he said he thinks a lot of times men blame ED on propecia unscientifically and showed me the research data which suggested the percentage chance is very very low. 5 months now and no issues. My erections may be stronger now, if anything, but I won't credit propecia for that :D I'd rec talking to your Dr too if you're concerned and see if they can give you a similar pep talk.

WOW!, nice improvement, I think you will have a nice forelock and thin mid scalp, I belive combo of beard and head hair for mid-scalp with one of the FUE surgeons will nicely give you full head coverage. I think Dr. Radha has done a great work with your transplant. All the best for your future growth.

Starting to come in nicely! Exciting. Congrats, Panther. Keep us updated!

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• Administrators

Best of luck to you bro, im in the same boat as you, norwood 6/7 I decided for FUE though, but you can always get bodyhair transplanted to the strip scar or get SMP done. So many options out there for balding men, you dont have to accept it even if you are extremely bald. Looks like you have managed your hair pretty good.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In the second picture you seem to have some growth behind the hairline, but overall not much change in density from 4 th month!, but as everyone says,it is not until a year before u realize the full growth from a HT, so keeping fingers crossed and praying for you. Though with decent amount of hair in front lock the HT has at least has framed your face. As suspected another procedure to implant more hairs to frontal 2/3 rd might give u enough density for a matured hair look with mild diffuse loss?.

I agree a little dissapointing that there is not major improvement after 4 th month, however all is not lost, if I were you I would only go for FUE not another FUT.

My Thread: 

I don't see much improvement either , I feel for you bro , not many times do we see a Mediocre Result from Dr. Radha , and considering the FUT scar stays for life , I would probably suggest you try FUT again becos FUE cud result in a Lower yield , One again be aware that a 2nd HT is usually Slow to grow and Might not be as successful as the 1st one due to Trauma and scar tissue , anyways I am not an expert , Pls consult your Doc . But I would definetely advice a 2nd HT , the mid is quiet empty ,

second FUT with another scar at the back would be difficult to hide given now slightly limited donor area. Just my feeling. I would not loose hope yet. Continue maintaining a good scalp hygiene and see how much growth you have at the end of 1 year and then go from there. It is good that you now have frontal framing of the face. Wait for few months before making any further moves for HT then decide.

This is my gut feeling,may be other experts can answer this better?.

Edited by harin

My Thread: 

• Administrators

You still have some months to grow, and your face is framed, it's a big improvement from where you started which is what it's all about, honestly I think you need to do a combo, FUE+BHT+smp that's what I'm going to do. Good luck I hope you have more growth in the coming months.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 months later...
In the second picture you seem to have some growth behind the hairline, but overall not much change in density from 4 th month!, but as everyone says,it is not until a year before u realize the full growth from a HT, so keeping fingers crossed and praying for you. Though with decent amount of hair in front lock the HT has at least has framed your face. As suspected another procedure to implant more hairs to frontal 2/3 rd might give u enough density for a matured hair look with mild diffuse loss?.

I agree a little dissapointing that there is not major improvement after 4 th month, however all is not lost, if I were you I would only go for FUE not another FUT.

His density is transplanted at only 30 grafts per square centimeter. So I wouldn't expect too much coverage. Also why would you recommend FUE? Hair is much thinner in FUE.