Potential Recommendation of Dr. Ali Emre Karadeniz of Istanbul, Turkey

Dear Forum Members,

As many of you know, we gather as much information as possible about a physician, their staff, technique and track record before they are even considered for recommendation on the Hair Transplant Network. Part of our review process involves getting input from patients and the members of this forum community. To learn more about this review process, click here.

We would appreciate your input regarding the potential recommendation of Dr. Ali Emre Karadeniz of Istanbul, Turkey. At this time, Dr. Karadeniz is only being considered for recommendation, not the Coalition. To see our standards for recommendation, click here

Dr. Ali Emre Karadeniz has over 4 years of experience and performs exclusive hair transplant surgery at his own clinic in Istanbul, Turkey. He has the staff and experience to perform large sessions exceeding 3000 grafts and dense pack over 50 FU/cm2 when appropriate for the patient. Dr. Karadeniz specializes in FUT/Strip, FUE, BHT (Body Hair Transplantation), Beard Transplants, Eyebrow Restoration and Hair Transplant / Scar Repairs. He also provides prescriptions for Propecia, Rogaine and free consultations.

Dr. Karadeniz loves to share his philosophy and opinions with his colleagues and patients and looks forward to being able to discuss real hair restoration issues with members of this community. Dr. Karadeniz graduated from Istanbul University Istanbul Medical Facility and performed his residency at Kocaeli University Medical Faculty Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. He is also a member of the ISHRS (International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery).

Dr. Ali Emre Karadeniz uses all the latest minimally invasive techniques and tools including microscopic dissection, the trichophytic closure, tiny punches and tools as small as .6mm when appropriate, etc. He. only uses single haired follicular units in the hairline areas to re-create the most natural looking appearance. Dr. Karadeniz harvests the follicles and makes all the recipient incisions and his full time staff of technicians averaging 8 years of experience implant the follicular units into tiny recipient sites.

Dr. Karadeniz performs motorized FUE using punches ranging between 0.8mm and 0.9mm depending on the patient. Follicular units are stored in a saline solution and then implanted manually using forceps by his experienced technicians when ready.

Dr. Karadeniz sees FUE as an adjunct to FUT/strip and feels that FUE comes with its own set of advantages and disadvantages. Thus, Dr. Karadeniz limits FUE to only a select group of patients that he feels are appropriate candidates and often combines FUT/strip with FUE in order to maximize the quantity of hair that can be moved during a single or multiple procedures.

Given Dr. Karadeniz's experience and commitment to high quality follicular unit hair transplantation via Strip and FUE, I believe that he should be considered for recommendation. See our standards for recommendation.

View some of his patient and surgical photos below:

3120 Grafts via FUE with Dr. Karadeniz

3650 Grafts via FUE with Dr. Karadeniz

3027 Grafts via FUE with Dr. Karadeniz

2500 Grafts via FUE with Dr. Karadeniz

2950 Grafts via FUE with Dr. Karadeniz

2701 Grafts via FUE with Dr. Karadeniz

3242 Grafta Strip and FUE Combo with Dr. Karadeniz

2710 Grafts via FUE with Dr. Karadeniz

4960 Grafts Strip and FUE Combo with Dr. Karadeniz

4525 Grafts Strip and FUE Combo with Dr. Karadeniz

2125 Grafts via Strip Female Patient with Dr. Karadeniz

800 Grafts Eyebrow Restoration with Dr. Karadeniz

Dr. Karadeniz Thoughts on Hair Transplants in Turkey

Patient Posted Case - 2862 Grafts Strip and FUE Combo Repair Case with Dr. Karadeniz

I welcome input and comments from forum members regarding his potential recommendation.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very impressed with Dr. Karadeniz's approach to hair transplant surgery. He's very scientific and ethical in his approach, and I feel very comfortable recommending surgeons with this mindset. I think he would make a nice addition to the community. Best of luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I think Dr. Emre's work is excellent and he's contributed some valuable information to the forum. I support his recommendation.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

If I'm honest I would not go to this Dr based on those photos.

There is a lack of density and thinning/see through look on most of those results.

He just can't seem to get the same successful growth rate of his two other Turkish compatriots. Also strip work is a big no no for me.

Its difficult to be negative about someone as I'm sure the Dr is ethical and hardworking but we must keep standards high and his results fall short for me.

He just can't seem to get the same successful growth rate of his two other Turkish compatriots. Also strip work is a big no no for me.

I don't follow the bolded, if strip work is a "big no no" then should we revoke Rahal, H&W, Konior, Gabel. etc....?

Now as for consistency, I believe AEK is doing the extractions himself and implantations as well....this is going to lead to a higher level of consistency than a technician mill.

I don't follow the bolded, if strip work is a "big no no" then should we revoke Rahal, H&W, Konior, Gabel. etc....?

Now as for consistency, I believe AEK is doing the extractions himself and implantations as well....this is going to lead to a higher level of consistency than a technician mill.

Personally that's where I stand on strip work but I don't have a problem with people admiring the results and opting for strip and I am not saying it doesn't get results but for me times have moved on and FUE is the only procedure I would go for.

The idea of have having a strip of flesh removed and a scar on the back of your head which limits your hair options back there is counter productive to me when you are spending all this money to improve your image.

I looked at the images carefully before giving my opinion and have done so again. Its just my opinion but I would not seek out this DR if I wanted a HT and I'd recommend many Dr's before this Dr if giving a friend advise. I can't say otherwise or I'd be lying to myself.

As a UK client of Emre's from 6 months ago having had an extensive two day FUE procedure (I was a V-a Norwood & 49 years old) I have no hesitation in recommending this surgeon to the panel.

A very methodical & skilled professional medical practitioner who would be a positive asset to our Forum.

Personally that's where I stand on strip work but I don't have a problem with people admiring the results and opting for strip and I am not saying it doesn't get results but for me times have moved on and FUE is the only procedure I would go for.

The idea of have having a strip of flesh removed and a scar on the back of your head which limits your hair options back there is counter productive to me when you are spending all this money to improve your image.

I looked at the images carefully before giving my opinion and have done so again. Its just my opinion but I would not seek out this DR if I wanted a HT and I'd recommend many Dr's before this Dr if giving a friend advise. I can't say otherwise or I'd be lying to myself.

Hi all,

There are a few things that I would like to let everyone know that may help know me better.

Although the number of years I dedicated solely to hair restoration is relatively small, I consider myself pretty experienced in the number of hair loss cases I have handled either medically or surgically within this period. I have had the chance to evaluate, examine or treat close to 10000 patients in a little more than 4 years. I have performed around 1000-1200 surgical cases with every single graft harvested by myself and every recipient site incision done by me with maybe very few exceptions. The period is short, although you can imagine how concentrated I have been on hair patients during this period. I have woken up and gone to bed thinking about hair restoration.

I like dedicating time and effort on scientific research and have been actively participating in scientific ISHRS meetings since 2011. I am submitting scientific papers each time and usually being involved in some scientific activity. I am willing to share and discuss with the public my opinions on some interesting topics.

I have had the chance to practice FUT and FUE at the same time which I suppose is a rare thing for hair surgeons in the world. We usually see a division between old FUT surgeons who either try to use young doctors, technicians or even a robot to catch up with the current trend of FUE, and young generation FUE-only surgeons who have not even been trained to do FUT. When we follow FUT vs FUE discussions we see that the debates are biased by clinics being in favour of the technique they can offer. We will never see a commercial company in any market that advices a candidate consumer to go next door and buy a product that they do not sell; they will try to sell what they have. The downside is that patients don't get the chance to know the real opinion of a surgeon to objectively compare the pros and cons of each technique to end up with the ideal treatment plan. For this reason, I have decided in the beginning of my career to provide all surgical options to my patients and at a similar price if not the same; the latter I believe is also a rare thing to see. My ethics tells me that only if I am an expert on both FUT and FUE, and if I can provide both at the same price, the patient will have the chance to get my objective opinion. Therefore, I am not for or against one technique neither for practical nor for financial reasons. Whenever I share an opinion you can all be sure that it is patient benefit that it is based on.

I am a plastic surgeon. I see hair restoration surgery as a complex reconstructive procedure. I have considerations related to facial aesthetics, wound healing with the best scars, donor area protection, the economical usage of the donor hair, long term planning with a scientific evaluation of the balding pattern and donor capacity and so on.

I have very recently started to share my results online. I know it will take time to accumulate results that will be convincing enough for the majority of members. To compensate, I promise to share most of my results in the coming year that are from my most recent patients. I will not choose one excellent result from thousands, but I will include my average results to give a better idea; I have already started doing this. Additionally, you may notice that the photos are as standardised as possible, not taken while using tricks that may make the results look better. I don't want anyone to look at an average result and think it is excellent. Another thing I am intending to do is share interesting cases right after surgery without knowing its result. I am encouraging my patients to share their experiences as well. I believe simultaneous sharing could be useful for surgeons to show their self-confidence in accepting to present their result of a randomly chosen patient or even a difficult one.

I appreciate the opinions of everyone and am open to answering questions.

Regards,

Ali Emre Karadeniz, MD

Ali Emre Karadeniz, MD (Dr. K)

AEK Hair Institute

Istanbul, Turkey

Hello Dr I hope you are well.

So are these examples of your work the best.or average of your results I cannot understand why you would want to try and promote your recommendation with anything less than your best.

If you have done between 1000-1200 procedures could you please post up more results for us to evaluate.

I asked you this on another thread but you did not answer it there so I will ask it again here.

As you've stated it is against the law for anyone other than a Dr or nurse to do any part of a ht have you broken Turkish law yourself by participating in procedures were people other than someone who is lawfully entitled to participate has done?

Are all your current staff lawfully entitled to do what they do in your procedures?

What roles do your staff play in the procedure?

I await more of your results if you would be so kind before making my recommendation or not.

Either way I wish you good luck.

Have a nice day

This isn't about which procedure YOU would go for. If your argument is that strip doctors shouldn't be allowed then should other strip doctors be evicted? Your argument makes no sense.

Ko that is clearly not what he's saying.

He says its the results that he is referring to why he wouldn't recommend Dr karadeniz not because of the procedure type.

Fue is his preference but he's not based his decision on being pro fue.

I would like to see more results of both his fue+fut his fue and his fut

Have a good day

I appreciate the opinions of everyone and am open to answering questions.

I was going to add a small remark after this statement, but I thought I would wait for a post like kph1966's.

I respect all opinions and I am open to questions as long as I believe they are derived from sheer scientific curiosity and from good will. If I think that someone is making comments and asking questions to promote another surgeon/clinic , a group of surgeons/clinics with a common interest, a specific technique against the other one, or is just trying to be destructive against my presence, I will avoid answering them to avoid unfruitful traffic. I see that physicians almost always avoid to be involved in discussions with members who are present only with their nicknames as this leaves the physicians too vulnerable to destructive posting. I have started off with a riskier style than these physicians by being involved in discussions, however in order to keep my presence I need to protect myself against comments without good will. That is why if I don't answer a question it doesn't necessarily mean that I don't have an answer, but it may mean that I feel the discussion is going to be unfruitful. I apologise if it happens that my judgement is wrong.

AEK Hair Institute

Istanbul, Turkey

personally, I think he needs to demonstrate some larger FUE alone procedures before he is recommended.

its like Cohen from CT who only performs small FUE procedures. he has never posted any large FUE procedures which makes me question his skill or confidence to perform such.

if a doctor hasn't or can't provide experience in larger FUE procedures then he shud hone his skills and get better before he is recommended.

FUE is the preferred surgery these days and will only get more popular with time and imo will eventually phase out FUT all together.

personally, I think he needs to demonstrate some larger FUE alone procedures before he is recommended.

its like Cohen from CT who only performs small FUE procedures. he has never posted any large FUE procedures which makes me question his skill or confidence to perform such.

if a doctor hasn't or can't provide experience in larger FUE procedures then he shud hone his skills and get better before he is recommended.

FUE is the preferred surgery these days and will only get more popular with time and imo will eventually phase out FUT all together.

Dear Busa,

Are you talking about me? If yes I think you are joking :)

From the 13 examples listed above there are only 2 FUT cases of which both patients are female and one of them is an eyebrow transplant. All other procedures are FUE! 4 are combo and 7 are FUE alone.

The graft number in the FUE only cases range between 2700 and 3650 and they were all done in one session! Don't you think those are high numbers?

I would suppose after the listed examples above that you would ask me to present some more FUT only examples :)

AEK Hair Institute

Istanbul, Turkey

Hello dr karadeniz i hope you are well.

I have nothing at all against you and i do not try and promote any clinic over any other.

I do not promote any type of procedure over another.

I try to be impartial in everything i do but i stick to my principles of being as fair as i can possibly be..

The reasons i asked the questions is that if you are here for us members to determine whether you should be recommended then as i always do i will research the individual [in this case you] to help me come to a decision.

I read and responded as you know to your what i deem to be a self promotional and damming thread regarding the ht industry in your native turkey.

I asked the same question there that i asked here because if you are going to point out faults with said Turkish clinics i think you should answer whether you indeed do the same as them.

One of the reasons i ask aswel is to determine whether the result below was atained by your hand alone or whether there was anyone else to be held accountable for the very poor result.

.http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/166406-my-disastrous-journey-transmed.html

up untill a couple of months ago i had hardly knew anything about you but when i started to look that was the first thing i saw.

Then the next was this youtube video below

I am not going to base my judgement on your recommendation on these two bits of evidence as that would be totally wrong and this is why i have asked you questions and asked to see more results.

I think that is fair.

Your clinic as any other is entitled to a fair impartial hearing and that also goes for ANY other clinic

Not answering questions posed to you and picking and choosing which ones to answer hardly goes along with your self proclaimed ethics of openness.

I assume you think i have some kind of ulterior motive but i assure you i have not.

If you provide myself and anyone else who wishes to know with the information they ask for it could only stand us all in good stead.

You show me enough good results i will not hesitate in recommending your clinic.

All i have asked for is i think quite reasonable.

You have a nice day

Busa,

I'm not sure if you misread the text links, but the vast majority of cases presented are large sessions of FUE. So I think he's provided more than enough cases showing his ability to perform this type of procedure.

That said, I don't think we should preclude those physicians who are doing excellent work just because they may or may not be doing extremely large sessions of FUE. There are varying philosophies on how to get optimal results and it varies from physician to physician. There is no universal gold standards for FUE procedures like there are for strip yet. This is still being worked out. Thoughts, in my opinion, as long as the end result is optimal with maximum growth and minimal transaction to the extracted hair follicles, and I believe physicians of this caliber should be considered.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hi, and thanks for contributing to this forum!

Some questions;

- the top docs in the world use very low angle on the transplanted hairs. Can you post some close up photos to see the angle?

- whats your view on micro motor vs manual punch? You use only micro motor?

- how many patiens pr day?

Quite a few of the results are shown for difficult / repair cases, so credit for that. It would have been easy to just post the 'Hollywood' results.

It's a yes from me.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Hi, and thanks for contributing to this forum!

Some questions;

- the top docs in the world use very low angle on the transplanted hairs. Can you post some close up photos to see the angle?

- whats your view on micro motor vs manual punch? You use only micro motor?

- how many patiens pr day?

I don't routinely take photos showing how acute the angles are, but I can say that I usually push the limits on giving acute angles at especially densely packed hairlines. I believe the example with 2701 grafts FUE that was done using coronal incisions had very acute angles.

I use only micro motor and see no benefits in using the manual punch. I did share my opinions on previous threads about this. I don't want to open a new argument with anyone on this thread, but I have discussed it with colleagues that ultimately stopped using the manual punch. I insisted during a discussion with one of my friends - who is actually one of the first in Turkey to try the manual punch - that he should continue using it due to its excellent marketing advantage, but he refused to use it after learning motorised FUE. Those who take advantage of its marketing advantages sooner or later end up using their technicians to extract, because it is impossible for a surgeon to do all extractions with a manual punch for many years.

I do one patient a day. I might do two patients of 2000 grafts each, but I don't enjoy it very much as most of my energy will go to extractions rather than incisions. I have been doing 2 patients about once every 10 days due to friends wanting it on the same day or patients coming from multiple sources but I am hoping to stop doing it once my business settles more.

AEK Hair Institute

Istanbul, Turkey

I have checked your website, and I see you offer fue without shaving. There are some other doctors who do this with great success.

What is your comments to not shaving recipient?

- will it affect yield?

- able to keep low angles?

In my case I am loosing hair behind transplanted hairline, so a procedure to fill up behind without shaving the whole head would be perfect. Many ppl are in same situation as me

I have checked your website, and I see you offer fue without shaving. There are some other doctors who do this with great success.

What is your comments to not shaving recipient?

- will it affect yield?

- able to keep low angles?

In my case I am loosing hair behind transplanted hairline, so a procedure to fill up behind without shaving the whole head would be perfect. Many ppl are in same situation as me

That is an important topic.

As I mentioned earlier, I will never advertise something that I don't scientifically believe just for the sake of marketing.

I am sceptical about FUE without shaving if the recipient area has significant hair. I believe that small to medium sessions like 1500-2000 grafts FUT are excellent for people who can not accept shaving. The time saved from graft harvest can be safely used during incisions and placement. I did a 1500 FUT for the same reason last week on my 2500 FUE patient that is presented above. I will post photos soon.

In my opinion the worst thing is to do a large session of FUE like 3000 grafts, shave all the donor area and not shave the recipient. I spend enormous effort to extract grafts and then loose very valuable time while doing incisions and placement. I don't see any benefits in doing this.

A small FUE like 1000-1400 could be done by limited donor shaving and recipient site not shaven, but the donor area is not used homogeneously.

A medium sized 2000 FUE could be done with a recipient shortened to 3-6 mms instead of totally shaven.

I don't think there is a significant problem with yield, but the transplanted density will be at least 30% less than when totally shaven.

If you don't need to get a quick result with high density, you can have 2 small sessions of 1500 grafts unshaven 1 year apart, which is what artists and politicians choose. The yield is also excellent in these scenarios.

AEK Hair Institute

Istanbul, Turkey

This isn't about which procedure YOU would go for. If your argument is that strip doctors shouldn't be allowed then should other strip doctors be evicted? Your argument makes no sense.

As 1966kph correctly said this not what I was saying at all.

If you'd bothered to read my post you'd see I said I have no problem with people going for strip or the results Dr's can get from it I said its not my preference to end up with a head scar when your trying to improve your image.

If you did read my post and still came back with that reply it shows you had no interested in a reasonable discussion and only want to straw man an argument based on something I did'nt say.

Maybe your upset I didn't have all positives to say from the start. Either way its a poor amd immature posting method from a so called senior member. Please don't twist my words in future.

I am sure that Dr. Emre meets the qualification standards set forth by the Network. My only reservations are his use of motorized vs. manual extraction to which we agree to disagree on. I do concur with his opinion that any physician doing manual as well as his own implantations has limited shelf life but that should not be the concern of a prospective patient whose only interest is that of the success of his own immediate procedure.

I am also troubled by his earlier comment that while he believes strip is often the better procedure he will still do a FUE as it is more profitable and what the patient may want regardless. I suppose I am just an old fashioned doc who believes that you must always put the patient's best interests first. I am uncomfortable with a physician who would perform what he believes to be the inferior procedure just because the patient demands it and would go elsewhere if not given what he wanted.

Nonetheless these are just my personal subjective feelings and from a technical standpoint I believe that this physician meets the standard for inclusion.