This patient in his late 20's traveled from Australia to have his procedure with Dr. Hasson. His goal was to get as much coverage as possible. He was willing to live with a conservative hairline with recession in order to get coverage in the crown. The more conservative hairline was not necessary as Dr. Hasson was able give him the best of both worlds with 5051 grafts.

Breakdown: 1184 single hair grafts, 3533 doubles, 334 3-4 hair grafts. High density strip 34cm x an average of 1.5cm.

Using Propecia at the time of surgery. This result is 2 years 6 months post-op.

72785_5188e7_cfb225.jpg

72795_a1565f_61f4c2.jpg

72801_5baabc_b07592.jpg

72809_c0f34e_0dd94c.jpg

Edited by Garageland
Inaccurate info on strip width

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

I would still say that is a conservative hairline but not in a bad way. It's an excellent result. Interestingly, it looks like he has a very mild form of cvg.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Are you saying his density was 148 grafts power cm 2?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

The hairline is conservative enough.

Which area(s) was/were transplanted?

Is this Class 2-3 or Class 5-6 hair loss?

Where are the immediate postoperative pictures demonstrating 5000 plus grafts?

Where is the immediate postop picture of the donor area showing the lenght of the strip and subsequent scar?.

Why do you always/mostly present with preop pictures after haircut and postops with long hair.

And, I recommend for protection the patients' privacy even they might have given approval for the pictures. Showing their faces adds nothing for better presentation of HT results.

Spanker,

I thought the same thing about the CVG! I initially thought he may suffer from some autoimmune alopecia (likely AA) based upon the L profile shot. The "top down," however, made it look much more like CVG.

Regardless, excellent transformation.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

hairline won't look too high when he's 40 ...
there are millions of men around the world that have the same hairline they did wen they were 25 and are now in their 60's. so what shud they do? have electrolysis and have their hair line raised up?

check out the doctors from Turkey and ull get an idea of what hair lines are supposed to look like at any age....:rolleyes:

There is nothing wrong with the hairline imo. It's a supply and demand thing and it applies in Turkey, Canada, the U.S. and any other country. You can go for a lower hairline but you'll have to sacrifice some density. If you are advanced, a conservative hairline is the safest bet for the future, especially if you want crown coverage like this patient.

View Spanker's Website

I think his hairline looks very nice and age appropriate. What Norwood level was he categorized as? Also, how many cm2 were filled in in total? How many follicular units per cm2 would you say this patient now has on top? Great job!

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Guys thanks for your comments whether you think the hairline to be right or too conservative it was lower than was in mind for him initially, either way the result has taken years off him and changed his appearance for the better. I will see if we have some post op placement photos and more information on the density in the donor area to answer your questions.

Fisher4man- We do not post the photos of patients once they are shaved. This guy has lost nearly all of his hair in the frontal area and chose to wear his hair this length. When you have miniaturization throughout a large area like he does it is not going to look good grown out so many patients choose to wear it short as the loss is much less noticeable. It is not the case that we always/mostly present patients in this way we cannot control how they wear their hair pre op just like we have no idea how they wear their hair after surgery but transplanted hair will look fuller and denser grown out. We have had a few recently but overall this is not the case as you can see if you check back our results over the years.

He was a diffused class 5. I will try to get the additional photos that you requested.

We get full permission to post patients photos showing their face or not this patient was happy to show his face. I for one and I know many others follow the same viewpoint that showing the face adds greatly the visual presentation of the results and the full transformation can be seen in this case not just that he has got his hair back but how it changes his appearance.

---

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

Spanker- Dr Hasson takes a variable width of strip in this case it was around 1.5cm on average. Still a high density donor. Apologies for the confusion I have corrected the information.

Delancey- Thanks for your comment. He was around a Norwood 5V I don't have the total area cm2 covered in the recipient. Looking at the chart I would say the patient had around 50-60 ish hairs per cm2 into the frontal area. He has quite coarse hair.

Below is a photo of the immediate post op placement to show the areas that the grafts were placed and the back of the patients head post op. We do not take photos of the back of the patients head immediate post op as a rule.

47210_4abb7b_e81cc8.jpg

---

I would still say that is a conservative hairline but not in a bad way. It's an excellent result. Interestingly, it looks like he has a very mild form of cvg.

It is a little higher, but will be very appropriate as he ages. I think he looks pretty athletic now. It also looks to me in the before and after pics that the patient has lost a little weight since the surgery? Note to all - changing your appearance other than just a hair transplant creates the image a complete person-transformation, which many of us are looking to accomplish. Some may lose weight, some may add or delete their beard/5'oclock shadow, etc. I for one am working on also dropping the 20 extra lbs I have been carrying for 10 years. Once my grafts grow in and I am 20 lbs lighter as well, I will feel more like the person I want to be on the outside, which will help me feel better inside.