My amazing FUE with Dr. Konior

Sorry for the long post guys. If you check out my posts or have been following my experience you likely know that I made the horrible mistake of having a 1600 graft FUT session at the colorado surgical center and hair institute that left me with a horrible FUT scar, along with a large ridge of scar tissue in the recipient area along with tons of pitting in the recipient area from placing grafts far too deep..... I opted to go to Dr. K for a consultation and correction, thanks to the information I found on this forum.

Dr. Konior is extremely versed in both FUE and FUT. He carefully evaluates each patient and depending on what the patients goals are, donor characteristics, and norwood profile he determines the best approach. After seeing him for a consultation he determined that I would best be served wtih FUE. He felt that my scalp was so tight and the scar was so wide that it would be difficult to do a revision and harvest grafts. He felt FUE into my scar and into my recipient area was the best plan. That way I can shave my head in the future after having my scar repaired. He went above and beyond what needed to be done just during the FUE test. My recipient area had an enormous amount of scar tissue from my first FUT in colorado with pitting and a large ridge of scar tissue in my frontal hairline along with very pluggy looking grafts from 3 and 4 unit grafts being placed in my fontal hairline. Many if not most of the grafts placed in Colorado were placed far too deeply as well creating large divits or pits that were very noticeble. Anyhow, during the FUE test he decided to relocate around 40 of the pluggy frontal grafts and remove some of the scar tissue as well just to make sure I would heal properly ( in addition to testing 3 different donor zones in the back of my head). I can remember hearing his techs saying "your going to do more?" , and he just kept going. It was like a little baby FUE session. He had me come back the following morning to monitor my inflammatory response.

I am also a physician and am about to start a new job November 1st and he was extremely sympathetic and understood how it would be difficult to appear professional with my head being so scarred with my previous scar from cancer and then all the damage done from my botched FUT. After some consideration he was extremely kind and offered to cancel part of his vacation to do my procedure October 6th so that I could go back to work with the procedure already done and appear fairly normal. (his first normal opening was middle of January 2015).

I jumped on the opportunity to come back the 6th. The procedure was extremely clean. He initially recommended only 1000 graft FUE and also felt that my hairline needed to be revised from the previous FUT, and so he was going to remove 100-200 of the pluggy grafts in my frontal hairline and move those further back into my temples for density. He ended up doing around 1450 graft FUE and relocated around 100 of the worst looking frontal grafts and created a new hairline. All I can say is the results are amazing. The donor area is healing nicely, and the recipient area is classic Konior. Very little swelling, my new hairline is seriously amazing. I honestly cannot believe how he was able to get such great results with only 1450 grafts. He removed most of the pitting, he removed tons of scar tissue so my hairline basically looks normal again. When I first saw the results post op I was literally baffled. My brother picked me up from the airport and was so impressed he consulted with Dr. Konior the very same day. I think that Dr. K thinks that FUT overall is able to yield larger sessions and that he is skilled enough that he can usually leave a very minimal scar. If I could have I would have gone FUT but because of the damage done during my previous FUT I had developed a tight scalp that he felt was not amenable to another FUT or scar revision. The bottom line is Dr. Konior is a board certified plastic surgeon who has been doing hair transplants exclusively since the 90's. Each case is a reflection of his skill and he is not willing to compromise his perfect reputation or a persons head on any case. He actually told my brother that he is not willing to do either an FUE or FUT because my brother is too advanced. He will only do what is going to yield the very best results whether that be FUE or FUT. if you end up going FUE with him I can assuredly say you are in the very best hands. And I am in no way a rep for him, Im just a guy who had amazing results. If you have any other questions feel free to message me.

Edited by BoulderBalder

• 1 month later...

currently in the "ugly duckling" phase. Shedded the new grafts and have had some of them start to grow already but mostly waiting for them to enter the growth phase. Otherwise head is completely healed up. I will say that I have very very minimal shock loss, perhaps not really any.

• 1 month later...

Hey Boulder,

I was reading your posts and would like an update. I would love to chat but for some reason I can not access Private messages. It is probably because I am new to these forums. There's probably some post limit before you can PM someone. If there is a way you could get me your email we could chat.

Being as damaged as he was, I have no doubt he is cautious with his optimism and waiting for some real results before posting. We may need to wait a while based on his surgery date. I personally think Dr. K will get him sorted out, and we will see some amazing results. Dr. K is not satisfied with anything less from what I have seen and read - a classic perfectionist.

I recently ran across BoulderBalder's original post with his pictures from the first hack procedure, and what a mess that Colorado place made of him. I am really pulling for him to come out of this repair with a big win.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 years later...
  • 8 months later...