Feriduni vs Konior

bismarck

After doing at least a few hundred hours of research and looking across thousands of cases, I think I've narrowed down my decision, but am having a great deal of difficulty making the final call between these two.

Now, I know they are both world class physicians, and arguably the best on their respective continents, but was wondering what your thoughts were on comparing these guys to one another as far as the following:

1. FUE yield

2. FUT yield

3. Hairline design

Cost and schedule are similar with both (ie. spring/summer of next year), so ultimately this seems to come down to their specific skill sets.

Also, kind of a strange question, but how would you guys compare Feriduni's FUE yields to Konior's FUT?

both do great work but why chance a poorly healing scar with FUT.

no doctor can predict how ur body will respond to the healing the scar. less likely with konior but still a possibility. thats a non-issue with FUE so y chance it?

ull get nearly the same amount of grafts with FUE as u will with FUT these days from the head. actually far more with FUE when u consider BHT.

yield is great with both surgeons. neither have very aggressive hairlines so there are better choices when it comes to hairlines imo and considering the hairline is probably the most important aspect aesthetically its the most important aspect of any HT as long as the yield is there.

how many grafts do u need? if its less then 6000 and u have a good donor zone I wud stick with an FUE doctor. look at most of the results posted these days. most of em are FUE for a reason. and the discomfort from FUT is no walk in the park either.

After doing at least a few hundred hours of research and looking across thousands of cases, I think I've narrowed down my decision, but am having a great deal of difficulty making the final call between these two.

Now, I know they are both world class physicians, and arguably the best on their respective continents, but was wondering what your thoughts were on comparing these guys to one another as far as the following:

1. FUE yield

2. FUT yield

3. Hairline design

Cost and schedule are similar with both (ie. spring/summer of next year), so ultimately this seems to come down to their specific skill sets.

Also, kind of a strange question, but how would you guys compare Feriduni's FUE yields to Konior's FUT?

Despite what the uninformed/uneducated say, FUE is not for everyone. The average person may only have 4,000-5,000 FUE grafts and depending on hair characteristics this may not be enough to address a lifetime of significant balding. Once the donor area has been tapped out you also lose the option to have FUT surgeries since the scar would be too visible.

Beard hair grows in similar cycles and lengths to head hair and can provide a limited number of additional hairs/grafts which may prove useful in repair cases. However, I would not bank on it providing more than 1000 grafts. Body hair on the other hand does not grow in the same way or to the same length as head hair and can also be negatively affected by finasteride use. As an aside, Dr Konior does occasionally perform BHT.

When it comes to FUE some peoples follicles extract poorly which leads to transection and other damage such as crushing or twisting. Whether this is likely to happen in your own case can only be determined through an examination of your donor area by a doctor experienced in FUE. If this is not taken into consideration then it's possible that more damage will be done to the donor area since more extractions will have to be performed in order for the surgeon to get enough 'viable' grafts for you surgery. The knock on effect is that your donor gets even thinner than originally intended.

My view is that 2,000 grafts FUE is a reasonable way to start out. A young guy would not have to commit to a strip scar and if he were to lose more hair he could cut his losses and move on. On the other hand, if you end up needing more hair in the future it might be the time to consider switching to FUT is it is likely to provide you with more lifetime donor hair.

As you know I only have experience with Dr Konior. However, I know Dr Feriduni is a stand out guy and would only do is what is in your best interests.

I believe you are in the US so you may consider visiting Dr K (and other doctors) for them to evaluate your donor area. If you decided to go with Dr Feriduni I'm sure he could offer to consult with you the day before the surgery and perhaps make a call on whether FUE would be in your best interests.

Both doctors you mention will give you a hairline that will look good for now and in the future. As Dr Lindsey puts it: "You don't want instant gratification at 30 and a regret at 40."

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Once the donor area has been tapped out you also lose the option to have FUT surgeries since the scar would be too visible.

yes the SCAR wud be too visible I agree and one doesn't have to have a donor zone depleted for the SCAR to be visible so enough with the misinformation crap.

u say 4000-5000 grafts can be takn from the head via FUE and then another 2000-3000 on average can be takn from the face and body. armpit and public will yield another 1000 grafts at least as well and is not usually considered when referring to BHT.

so how many patients do u see requiring more then 8000-9000 grafts? like 1% of the population so yea maybe 1% of the population shud consider FUT. otherwise FUE can and is performed on the other 99%....:rolleyes:

yes the SCAR wud be too visible I agree and one doesn't have to have a donor zone depleted for the SCAR to be visible so enough with the misinformation crap.

u say 4000-5000 grafts can be takn from the head via FUE and then another 2000-3000 on average can be takn from the face and body. armpit and public will yield another 1000 grafts at least as well and is not usually considered when referring to BHT.

so how many patients do u see requiring more then 8000-9000 grafts? like 1% of the population so yea maybe 1% of the population shud consider FUT. otherwise FUE can and is performed on the other 99%....:rolleyes:

Keep on dreaming. Like a lot of people who come here out of nowhere bashing FUT they offer nothing in return. Please come back and post your own NW4 to NW1 transformation and I'll be the first to applaud it. I can't wait to see it.

Here is a perfect example of someone being tapped out of FUE. No amount of pubes or armpit hair is going to correct it:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/176753-1-year-results-%7C-dr-bhatti-%7C-1720-fue.html

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

do I really need to start showing hundreds of bad FUT results requiring FUE to repair them? ur gonna post 1 result of someone taped out cause they had thin hair to begin with smh lol

and once again I didn't come from nowhere. been here LONG before you so get over it!

Keep on dreaming. Like a lot of people who come here out of nowhere bashing FUT they offer nothing in return. Please come back and post your own NW4 to NW1 transformation and I'll be the first to applaud it. I can't wait to see it.

Here is a perfect example of someone being tapped out of FUE. No amount of pubes or armpit hair is going to correct it:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/176753-1-year-results-%7C-dr-bhatti-%7C-1720-fue.html

If someone has to resort to using armpit and pubic hairs for HT, I would proclaim they are not the best candidate for HT. People in that situation think about about moving on, Imagine if the crabs decide to migrate to your head :D

Once the donor area has been tapped out you also lose the option to have FUT surgeries since the scar would be too visible.
I feel like this is a one sided statement. A reputable FUE doc will not harvest more than 25-30% max in any given area. Again, this is the max. Ok now with that said, first of all with FUE after the donor area has healed, no one is going to have any idea hairs were extracted there because it looks approximately identical to what it did before. Second, a FUT scar is covered not just by density but more importantly the length of the hair. If a scar is suddenly now too visible with long hair after 25-30% of the hairs were removed, you can bet it was still quite visible before. Regardless, you still have the options: 1) have your FUE doc harvest little or no hairs around the potential strip area, 2) FUE around the FUT scar.

I think an ideal graft count for me would be somewhere around the 2200-2400 mark (pictures attached). For FUE with both Konior and Feriduni, this seems to imply that I would need two days of surgery.

Konior quoted me 1000-2000 grafts by online consult. I anticipate that he will favor FUT if I want a higher count, as that is his special niche, and in the interest of scheduling. From Mcmarkrazz's recent case, the 1500 graft case took their team till midnight, so if I don't schedule a two day procedure, it would be difficult to reach or surpass 2k with FUE.

Also, his patient submitted cases on here are predominantly FUT, and although I am sure he's accomplished with FUE, I trust him as the master of strip. It would be like forcing Jordan to play baseball when there's an open basketball court in front of you.

Feriduni quoted me 1400-1800 grafts by online consult, although I have been told he is flexible with patient preferences. I anticipate he will steer me towards FUE because of my age and earlier Norwood. With his skill set he may be more a Bo Jackson than a Jordan, if you will, but if I ended up wanting a higher graft count and requesting FUT, it would feel silly to fly around the world to Belgium to do this when Konior is a simple 3 hour flight.

That being said, I feel like when I compare similar graft counts between Feriduni's FUEs and Konior's FUTs, the strip procedure seems to achieve more bang for the buck -- ie. with the same graft count, Konior is able to bring hairlines lower.

Of course this has to do with the number of follicles per graft, etc, but it also speaks to transection rate -- it seems Konior has the slight edge when it comes to doing more with less.

The difference is subtle, on the order of 10% by visual estimate, which is roughly similar to what surgeons are reporting between the two surgical techniques.

Compare, for example, these 1800-1900 graft surgeries:

Konior, 1827 grafts:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/170813-raymond-konior-md-chicago-1827-frontal-hairline-tune-up.html

Konior, 1862 grafts:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/158592-raymond-konior-md-1862-graft-frontal-hairline-restoration.html

Feriduni, 1804 grafts:

Feriduni, 1906 grafts:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/167350-fue-hairline-model-actor-performed-dr-feriduni-%96-1906-fu-one-session.html

The comparison becomes more accentuated with higher counts:

Konior, 2110 grafts:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/167017-spankers-2-110-graft-fut-dr-konior.html

Feriduni, 2108 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/139033-dense-packing-fue-performed-dr-feriduni-nw-i-ii-2108-fu.html

Feriduni, 2156 grafts

Higher comparison:

Konior, 2278 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/173104-raymond-konior-md-chicago-2278-graft-hairline-restoration.html

Feriduni, 2308 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/169962-fue-performed-dr-feriduni-%96-2308-fu-single-day-session.html

One last point -- it seems that FUE surgeries are usually lower in count, which is to be expected as they are more labor intensive. By scheduling logistics, if you have reserved one day in the operating suite, the surgeon can only do what he can in the time allotted. If I opted against strip for that single day, I feel like by default I would be buying myself a more conservative surgery.

The only way around this with FUE that I can see would perhaps be by going to Erdogan, which I do not favor at this time, as I haven't seen enough of his patient submitted cases. Mendiz's case with Doganay has made me a bit cautious about him.

In any case, as you can see, I usually take a very systematic and compulsive approach to decision making. Follicles are forever, just trying not to do something I regret. Like most of you, many of the best surgeons on this site require at least one flight from where I am located in the States, which further compounds the issue.

Well, that is where I'm at..if you've made it this far in the post, my appreciation for you being an audience to my thought process. Please kindly let me know your thoughts.

5b32e14d5e254_compositeshavedsmallcensored.jpg.fa15e197b99a6b3b965637612c1b6c58.jpg

5b32e14d77a55_compositeshavedsmallhairlinecensored.jpg.7efbbd652ea786e0a51e62ea18cbe9a1.jpg

Dr Feriduni is excellent at strip too but because he does larger fue, this seems to be forgotten about :). Dr Feriduni will have the techs playing a large part in FUE which is not a problem as his high quality consistent results speak for themselves but just making you aware. I still think this is one key reason why some clinics are in a position to achieve better results with larger FUE.

I am certain with Dr Konior's ability, his FUE would be excellent although I would like him to post more of his work. Currently as you will know, Dr F has a lot more documented cases of FUE. With Dr K, he performs every part of the surgery which is quite rare in hair restoration so you get his full attention at all times.

They are both outstanding surgeons,you will not go wrong with either and you should get a great result. If I was picking on absolute results based on what you have stated for picking Dr K for FUT or Dr F for FUE, I would go with Dr K FUT but that is just my opinion.

Edited by chrisdav

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Good point about the techs playing a larger role in procedures in Europe, particularly knowing the Lorenzoesque style of Konior.

By the way, one thing I stated incorrectly in my post is regarding Feriduni's FUE capacity--from viewing his submitted case history, it seems he can comfortably get well into the 2k range in a single day.

I have to say, the more of their cases I compare side by side, the more I am impressed by their respective styles. Like watching a kung fu movie where the two fighters are perfectly matched in complimentary techniques. Or comparing Da Vinci against Van Gogh. Incredible respect for their dedication to the art.

Bismark,

Your research seems to parallel mine. I was between Dr Lindsay, Dr feller and dr feriduni. I live in the states as well. I've haven't documented my case yet but I do plan on it. I had 2200 fue with dr feriduni 3 weeks ago. I was on the fence for a few years. In the end I choose feriduni based on results seen online, great communication prior to the procedure between SPEX and the doctor and for me I really wanted fue as I just didn't want to risk the scar. It was a personal choice. In regards to the tecs. The extracted I'd say 80-90 percent of the follicles. Doc does the incisions and he placed the last few hairs. The concerned me initially but after speaking with SPEX and the docs staff my nerves we're calmed. His staff has been with him for I believe 8-17 years. His results are so consistent and his tecs are involved in all those results. Send me a private message if you want and I can email you the pics I have thus far. I was gonna wait another month or so anyway prior to creating a thread as I'm just trying to lay low and get through the 2 month ugly duckling period . Although maybe I should just do it ASAP as I know it's about the most useful and comforting thing to find on this network prior to a surgery.

Also, his patient submitted cases on here are predominantly FUT, and although I am sure he's accomplished with FUE, I trust him as the master of strip. It would be like forcing Jordan to play baseball when there's an open basketball court in front of you.

Making a sports analogy is a little silly, don't you think? You're talking about a method of harvesting - placement is still pretty much the same regardless of the method of harvesting and where the real artistry comes into play. Konior and Feriduni both do FUT and FUE and I would venture to guess that neither of them would compromise a patient despite what method of harvesting is used. I would feel confident having either surgeon perform FUT or FUE as each of them do both and offer the highest level of professionalism. They aren't your final two choices by accident.

Personally, when it came down to my final decision between Konior and Bisanga, I chose Konior based on timing and location. In the end, I didn't feel entirely comfortable leaving the country for what I consider a pretty major surgical procedure.

The pros and cons of FUT vs FUE have been discussed ad nauseam on here. Do your research and make your decision based on what method you're comfortable with. My hairstylist is blown away by my scar and has told me on numerous occasions that he has difficulty finding it and he's intimate with my head as he's been cutting my hair for 15 years.

That's my experience. It may not be yours. But you are maximizing your chances of an optimal result with both surgeons. You've done your research, now make a decision and go boldly in the direction of your dream. ;)

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

Hey bismarck,

I recall Spanker saying that Dr. Konior presently limits FUE sessions to 1,500 grafts per day. I don't know whether he does consecutive day FUE sessions, even if you were willing to pay for two surgical days. So if that's the case, how about go with Feriduni if you decide on FUE and with Konior if you decide on FUT?

You're talking about a method of harvesting - placement is still pretty much the same regardless of the method of harvesting and where the real artistry comes into play.
I think mental focus and precision are extremely important in harvesting, and in that sense are quite similar to high level competitive sports, although yes, of course there are differences. The surgeons are obviously not in opposition to one another, or making anywhere near professional athlete salaries of their caliber, although I'm sure they do alright. :D

Still, the mental game is key. I believe it to be a large part of the reason surgeons that hand hold the entire process (ie. Lorenzo, Konior etc.) get the incredible yields they do, and why mechanical harvesting, from the limited number of cases I've seen, seems to tend towards poorer graft success.

I recall Spanker saying that Dr. Konior presently limits FUE sessions to 1,500 grafts per day. I don't know whether he does consecutive day FUE sessions, even if you were willing to pay for two surgical days. So if that's the case, how about go with Feriduni if you decide on FUE and with Konior if you decide on FUT?

Thanks PupDaddy, I definitely got that impression from Mcmarkrazz's posting about his FUE. If so, then that's definitely a conclusion I find myself coming to as well.

Small correction about Konior's FUE volume: I just spoke with Dr. Konior's rep Tom, and he said that they have done single day FUE sessions over 2000 in the past, even up to 3000, although it really depends on the ease of surgical harvesting and placement.

Also, typically for FUT, they require FOX testing prior to scheduling the surgery date.

I dont understand why you are dead set on either of these two doctors. Demsroy or Doganay will give you any amount of grafts you need FUE and will do it better and for FAR less.... and either will do 2000 grafts in one day and more if need be.

there is no point in going the "Conservative" route when u need so little grafts. these doctors are aggressive and will bring ur hairline and density back to what it was when u were 20.

seems like ur looking for a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. why have you focused on these two doctors only and one of them being a doctor that specializes in FUT NOT FUE. why wud u screw around with a doctor that doesn't specialize in FUE. so what he can do it so can hundreds of others.

wud u go to a doctor that specializes in FUE for FUT just cause they perform FUT sometimes?

imo FUT is completely out of the question when you only need approx 2000 grafts. its not even debatable. with either Demsroy or Dogonay you will not only get the hairline you want cause you don't have much hairloss ull get incredible density.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/176758-dr-hakan-doganay-1700-grafts-1-year-choi-implanter-pen-fue.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/175531-fue-hakan-doganay-1693-grafts-after-10-months.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171105-2100-grafts-dr-hakan-doganay.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171759-dr-koray-erdogan-asmed-clinic-2200-grafts-repair-15-months-update.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/172773-dr-koray-erdogan-asmed-clinic-2800-grafts-5-months-update.html

Still, the mental game is key.

Artistry is key. I expect a good surgeon to possess the technical skills, but in hair restoration there is an artistic component. That's what separates the good from the great. That's why the sports comparison doesn't apply.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

I dont understand why you are dead set on either of these two doctors. Demsroy or Doganay will give you any amount of grafts you need FUE and will do it better and for FAR less.... and either will do 2000 grafts in one day and more if need be.

You are such a joke, if you pick Doganay, he may not even be in the room when the surgery is being done. Feriduni and Konior are better surgeons.

Results are subjective obviously, but I personally think Feriduni's FUE and even what little FUE results Konior has posted are superior. Regardless, my point is I'm sure many people do not think Demsory or Doganay would do it better. As far as saving money, great... but ideally results should come before saving money IMO.</p>

Results are subjective obviously, but I personally think Feriduni's FUE and even what little FUE results Konior has posted are superior. Regardless, my point is I'm sure many people do not think Demsory or Doganay would do it better. As far as saving money, great... but ideally results should come before saving money IMO.</p>
their work is as good and usually better and a hell of a lot cheaper. sure price shud not be ones first concern but when u get world class work at extremely fair pricing then its a no brainer.

Feriduni FUE I wud agree is just as good. Konior having better results then demsroy or doganay via FUE I wud disagree. he does great strip but has not proven himself with FUE like the others have and him like any US doctor who is considered skilled just charge outrageous prices.

but I agree results are subjective....