My FUE with Dr Maral [Turkey]

PerryPee

I have finally joined after years of looking at the forum for answer to my baldness. After a lot of consideration, I have finally decided to go in for FUE with Dr Maral. I have booked my procedure for 3rd september, but I am starting this topic for the preop questions and advice! So please fire on with your advice about things I should do before, during, after.. and stuff I should buy for a quick recovery etc. I hear Aloe vera is very good..

The one thing I am very afraid of is the maintance part of the grafts 10-15 days after the operation. How hard is that? dont you damage grafts by taking the hat on and off?

Perry

DSC_0007.jpg.dffd84742d52730138d3d99d47b7f375.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg.6ac6383a2dfaaf76ace41846664c6e78.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg.d84ff6920889a578de355b5c6d609f64.jpg

What led you to choose Dr Maral? I'm guessing it was the price and the fact he rarely turns anyone down.

How can I put this.....CANCEL CANCEL CANCEL!

You are 28, have very extensive balding and are not on medications. I fear that at this stage a procedure would be merely rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Save your money, research medications and talk to some better doctors.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

What led you to choose Dr Maral? I'm guessing it was the price and the fact he rarely turns anyone down.

How can I put this.....CANCEL CANCEL CANCEL!

You are 28, have very extensive balding and are not on medications. I fear that at this stage a procedure would be merely rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Save your money, research medications and talk to some better doctors.

Hey buddy glad your results are good and you are doing well.. I've been I touch with Dr Maral and can't say I'm pleased with his response about my results so far..

He basically said that it was a poor result so far and said I would need a 2nd hair transplant but never acknowledges that the 3 techs that worked on me were all different hence my results.. No growth on the crown, poor result on my right side and really bad thinning on the top.

I've been echoing these issues with him from the beginning and there is no way I received 4000 grafts.

Some times there's into response from him and I have to email him 2/3 times for a response..

I went to him a month after you and my results are shocking so far

Cheers

I agree CANCEL CANCEL CANCEL

have you not checked below topics before booking with Dr. Maral? Always go with a doctor after seeing their final result.

His patients are not taking pictures of the top scalp area and in the light and that is why you cannot see the poor result. Myself nearly booked my treatment with Dr. Maral but changed my mind after exchanging some emails with him and discovering below topics.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/170482-fue-booked-dr-maral-turkey-17.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/174447-4000-fue-grafts-dr-maral-7.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/168337-transplant-3-weeks-fue-turkey-post2396724.html#post2396724

I'm not an expert but I don't think you should cancel. I was skeptical too because of the price compared to the others. but that was until I saw someone who did a HT at Maral's. I saw him 4 months after the operation and he looked really good. I asked him about the overall experience and he was actually satisfied.

Having said that, i still haven't booked yet but I'm really considering to go for it in Oct. Good luck!

I'm not an expert but I don't think you should cancel. I was skeptical too because of the price compared to the others. but that was until I saw someone who did a HT at Maral's. I saw him 4 months after the operation and he looked really good. I asked him about the overall experience and he was actually satisfied.

Having said that, i still haven't booked yet but I'm really considering to go for it in Oct. Good luck!

Thanks, dont worry I am not going to cancel. I myself know somebody who is post 10 months, and his results are amazing. And even on the forum here, there are so many amazing results posted by patients of Dr Maral.

don't forget that it is not about the experience of 4 months or 10 months but it is all about the final look final result and final experience.

By the way you are not a good candidate for hair transplant yet because you are 28 years old and your hair loss is patchy and looks like it will change over the coming years and like the experienced 1978matt said this is not a good idea

By the way you are not a good candidate for hair transplant yet because you are 28 years old and your hair loss is patchy and looks like it will change over the coming years

It is not patchy, its a general thinning all over the top.

But I am aware of that, and I have no concern about having a 2nd operation in say 6-7 years. It will all good.

Thanks for the advice, but I am never gonna try any medication for the simple reason that you can never trust their side effects.

And I have stopped losing hair, for the past year or so my hair loss has come to a stable stage, that is why I am going for a operation now.

I have yet to see these 'amazing' Maral results.

I think you will be disappointed with the outcome but I hope I'm wrong.

Thanks for the advice, but I am never gonna try any medication for the simple reason that you can never trust their side effects.

And I have stopped losing hair, for the past year or so my hair loss has come to a stable stage, that is why I am going for a operation now.

I think you are making a poor decision, but I hope it works out for you.

I agree with the others. His clinic seems to be a conveyor belt of patients. Enough patients coming through and he will hit a few lucky strikes.

Turkey seems a great place for few. Look at some other doctors, if it's price that is the issue, which obviously it is other wise you wouldn't be considering this clinic, then contact Dr demirsoy.

But as others have said, maybe you should wait a few years to see what your Hairloss pattern looks like.

it seems to me as tho half the patients that chose Dr. Maral are either dissatisfied or pretending not to be. he like any other FUE surgeon can transplant hairs and everything looks great at first but the true measure of a surgeons work is the graft survivability rate and his appears to be extremely poor!

I wud avoid him like the plague. he draws ppl in with advertising gimmicks by not charging per grafts but per amount of hairs. that would be a great advertising ploy if the grafts he transplanted actually survived. from the work I have seen the survivability rate seems to be maybe 60% which is a complete failure.

I am Dr. Maral's patient and I am completely satisfied with my results. For one surgery, I believe my results are more than good. I am posting as detailed images as I can and I take them when I have time, I have nothing to hide from anybody. But I do dislike the tone of some people here whose intentions I question, and who seem eager to prove that my results are poor. They are not. After only one surgery, I have completely changed my looks and people's perception about me. Yes it is thin on the crown, so what? Do you know a surgeon who could return me a full head of hair from NW 7, even a "recommended" one? I would like to see that. It is important to be realistic--you will never have a hair like you did when you were 18, but that will not happen with overpriced doctors either. Transplanted hair is always an optical illusion but the important things is that it works--not as good on a beach when my hair is wet and the sun is right above me, but quite well when I stand in front of people in daily situations who perceive me more positively now because I am not "that bald guy." After seeing so many dirty campaigns on this forum, I am now supporting and recommending Dr. Maral even more than before.

ur surgery came out great I wud agree.

I am Dr. Maral's patient and I am completely satisfied with my results. For one surgery, I believe my results are more than good. I am posting as detailed images as I can and I take them when I have time, I have nothing to hide from anybody. But I do dislike the tone of some people here whose intentions I question, and who seem eager to prove that my results are poor. They are not. After only one surgery, I have completely changed my looks and people's perception about me. Yes it is thin on the crown, so what? Do you know a surgeon who could return me a full head of hair from NW 7, even a "recommended" one? I would like to see that. It is important to be realistic--you will never have a hair like you did when you were 18, but that will not happen with overpriced doctors either. Transplanted hair is always an optical illusion but the important things is that it works--not as good on a beach when my hair is wet and the sun is right above me, but quite well when I stand in front of people in daily situations who perceive me more positively now because I am not "that bald guy." After seeing so many dirty campaigns on this forum, I am now supporting and recommending Dr. Maral even more than before.

you might have written in detail but so many times there was a request to show clear images of top of your transplanted area and bright pictures to see top nicely, you never show any.

all your pictures are dark, not clear and shows just the frontal, Take clear and bright pictures of top of your head where transplanted to see how the TOP and CROWN looks like.

you might have written in detail but so many times there was a request to show clear images of top of your transplanted area and bright pictures to see top nicely, you never show any.

all your pictures are dark, not clear and shows just the frontal, Take clear and bright pictures of top of your head where transplanted to see how the TOP and CROWN looks like.

Dude, please check the thread created by abcd0000. here is the link.. http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/172287-my-progress-dr-maral.html

It seems abcd0000 have already provided all the pictures of his head under his thread, back of his head is also visible in the pictures. His pre-operation pictures also shows that he had grade 6-7 hair loss with total baldness. Besides, the donor areas look very weak.

4800 grafts transferred by Maral can be seen by the immediate post operation pictures after a single session of HT surgery. The results he posted now are, 1 year post operation pictures of a person who used to have very severe hair loss. Don't compare apples and oranges. Anyone who is experienced in HT would suggest a grade 5-7 patient a second session after a year, in case they want more density on their head. However, by looking at his pictures, I think he has great results, and I am not even sure that he needs another session.

More importantly, abcd000 started posting his pictures immediately after the surgery, when the results were unclear, showing his honesty.

Now, search the forum, and provide me a single example of a patient with such severe hair loss (similar to abcd000 case, almost total baldness) with reduced donor areas, putting his pictures from the beginning, clearly showing the immediate post-operation pictures providing information what had been done at the surgery, and showing the result of just one session of HT after a year. Then we can compare the results. Most doctors don't accept such patients, for God's sake..

Do not try to compare low grade(1-3) hair losses with perfect donor areas, or grade 4-5 hair losses after 2-3 true sessions of hair transplant (not 2-4 days of consecutive surgeries, this is still one session of hair transplant as you know) This forum is already full of those and, it would be misleading the new members of the forum who tries to find the best and honest hair transplant clinic with affordable & competitive prices.

I look forward to seeing a similar case of abcd000, just one example will be enough for me, then we can further discuss in details.

I have yet to see these 'amazing' Maral results.

Where did he post photos under bright light? I don't see them. Maral barely has any result photos on this forum.

:) Check the list (Full list of the best hair transplant surgeons) of coalition / recommended / paying members of this forum. Dr. Maral is not in the list. Maybe that's the reason :)

That being said, you don't need bright and close-up pictures. The ones that are under daylight conditions without the flash is more accurate to show the reality (like the ones abcd0000 provided in his thread), nobody has a flash in his eyes.

KO, (and 1978matt) maybe, you can help peterjs to find such a thread;

I look forward to seeing a single case like abcd000, just one example will be enough for me, then we can further discuss in details. I will accept dark pictures regardless of brightness, just the coverage will be enough (wanna see all head pictures of pre-operation, immediate post-operation and after post-operation)

Before helping peterjs, you might wanna check this page then you might think again:))

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/175931-istanbul-turkey-dr-maral-clinic-my-review-experience-july-2014-a-3.html

KO, and peterjs:

I have found one similar patient to abcd0000

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171595-my-repair-almost-complete-w-pics.html

Although, he seems to have had about 6800 grafts in 5 sessions, (5000 grafts from beard ???) I can accept this for comparison. Anyways, the patient does not provide any pre-op pictures, even dark ones. I just wonder how much coverage does he have after 5 sessions. He should have much better coverage than abcd0000, since abcd0000 had 4800 grafts, much less compared with 6800.

KO, will you please go to this thread and ask his pre-op and post-op pictures showing the upper areas, top crown areas and back of his head showing the donor areas? Dark or bright, doesn't matter. Then we can compare. Please insist on the pictures, since you are very sensitive about honesty. I am really excited to see the pictures, as well.

New account with couple of posts but what a detailed defense effort, bravo. If this is not too personal then I don't know. Anyway I wish you all a very good luck wherever you guys go whether it is maral or any other surgeon with similar qualities.