2712 FUE with Dr Tejinder Bhatti

yukhan80

Hi,

I have been suffering from hair loss almost 10 years now. I tried wearing patch but that doesn't look natural. After doing a research on HRN I narrowed down to Dr Tejinder Bhatti. As i am also from India it was easy for me to travel to Chandigarh. Finally I took a big decision and had hair transplant on 21-08-2014 from Dr. Tejinder Bhatti. Unfortunately my donor hairs were mostly single hairs as you can see the counts below.

Single hair : 1626

Doubles : 817

Triples : 269

Initially Dr Bhatti planned for 3500 grafts but i guess he decided for less because to keep possibility for future hair loss. I guess Dr Bhatti did a excellent job with limited number of grafts to cover the larger area. i think i might need a 2nd HT for extending the hair line. Some photos from day one attached.

Opinions are welcome :-)

Thanks

IMAG0102.jpg.e42b56a677a01769c9c38d13eaa0be23.jpg

IMAG0110.jpg.d812c55693f9f179f662647d59674937.jpg

yukhan you have good knowledge as you said you will need 2nd HT for extending hairline and I will say you will need to add more hair to existing HT for density. Never wear patch.

Yukhan did he put you on some medication for contolling hair loss I mean like finasteride or palmetto

fueonly thanks for reply. I was expecting a good density with this HT and extending the hairline with 2nd HT. It seems i might not get good density with this ? please see the dosage below

FINASTERIDE 1mg once a day (6 months)

BIOTIN 5mg once a day (6 months)

MINOXYDIL spray at night after crust comes out

Edited by yukhan80
Corrected the information regarding medication

hey buddy ,

how was the Level of pain during the surgery ? and how is the pain after 4 days ? Are you from India ?

I'm from NY , and I am also looking to India for my HT

Pls advice me

Congratulations! Look forward to updates.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Third day pic along with donor area pic

Hi Yukhan80,

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing.

Wishing you all the best,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Mikeey, Yes i am from Bangalore, Inida. Pain during the surgery was minimal, Next morning i was very fresh. Pain has started after 3 days in the donor area mostly due to the fact that anaesthesia effect is fading but its tolerable with pain killer. Dont worry about the surgery, Dr Bhatti takes care of his patient like a baby. Hope you will have a pleasant experience of Dr. Bhatti's hospitality and India too :-). Last but not least Dr Bhatti's team is also very supportive.

I stayed in ABS hotel which is walking distance from the clinic, Darling Buds team helped me in booking it. In case you do not want to walk, Clinic has a facility to pick up and drop from hotel.

yukhan most of the people they expect miracle after one HT with level of baldness you have but I will say hats off to you bcz you know what to expect with so less grafts and very wide area to cover. Yukhan thats good you went fro minimal graft bcz this will let you know what is survival rate and how much shock loss you will have or may be less or you will not depends on different cases. Yukhan I will say you are very informed guy I think how long you started finasteride or u just stared after HT. Let me know if you have been on that from a while as you have hair loss from last 10 years and if yes how was response of finasteride and if you just started update us within months that if finasteride impacts

Yukhan one more question what kind of extension of hairline you will go for i mean do you have a design or thought what kind of. I mean to say or doctor is going to design it as he thinks. I am very concerned about hairline as I think hairline makes a drastic and dramamtic difference and change in total outlook of a person. I think cosmetic appearence matters and hairline is a very imp trigger to it. I would say without hairline to me HT is incomplete. Its my opinion

Many thanks for your write up, hopefully I will be having my HT with Dr Bhatti in October and I will do my very best to give much detail write up as possible. For me its important to find out the break down of grafts that I got and what density I was given from front to back.

Yukhan please keep us posted on your progress..thanks

Another happy Dr Bhatti patient and why not, the guy is such a nice person with a really friendly clinic. BTW the hairline looks spot on, not to adjust that. All the best for the next 6 month and if it begins to fall out after 6 months "DONT PANIC" trust me it will grow back again. Make sure you keep that scalp nice. I stopped using J&J hair tonic and switched to virgin olive oil and tea tree oil and it seems to be better.

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

fueonly i have started taking fin after HT prior to that i use to keep my hairs very short similar to profile pic to avoid hair loss but i have not taken any medication earlier.

Regarding hairline, to be honest i have not thought about it and i completely rely on my doctor or HRN members. However if hair grow as expected(95% success in Dr Bhatti's case) i would like to keep either very short crew cut or may be small spike. After the outcome of first HT i will be in better position to think about hairline, what to expect and what not.

Sethticles thanks for tips. I don't know how hairline will look after hair grows but right now it looks good. i saw your pics and result for you looks really good. After looking at your pic i am more hopeful. Hope to get similar results :-)

2 weeks update: almost all crust is removed now and i can see most of the transplanted hair. i have lost only 50% transplanted hair and i can see many hairs still intact. Its looking very good and i can see my hairline which is awesome feeling.

One question, Are these transplanted hair going to shed ? I will again post the update after 4 weeks.

Thanks.

IMG-20140904-WA0003_1.jpg.0ec9b4cea5188e9976261c1f54393031.jpg

IMG-20140904-WA0004_1.jpg.b1c471c06f98e07f932c3c5166c8dade.jpg

IMG-20140904-WA0005_1.jpg.d54ae19be0ac6d2a77f5f57c3a9289a5.jpg

2 weeks update: almost all crust is removed now and i can see most of the transplanted hair. i have lost only 50% transplanted hair and i can see many hairs still intact. Its looking very good and i can see my hairline which is awesome feeling.

One question, Are these transplanted hair going to shed ? I will again post the update after 4 weeks.

Thanks.

Hi Yukhan,

Thank you for sharing. Looks good. The "initial' look should provide some insight into the future results.

There is a good chance that the majority (if not all) of the transplanted hair will shed. Now, it is going to take patience.....lots of it, until the transplanted hair starts to grow.

Please keep updating.

Thank you,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• 1 month later...

2 months update :

After 2 months donor area has healed well and good growth on the donor side. Transplanted area looks patchy. As i understand this is ugly duckling phase thus waiting for it to pass. I hope 3rd month onwards i will see some more growth. Few pics attached. Let me know what to expect after 2 months. Thanks all of you for your support.

FullSizeRender.jpg.1a64d8469c428d9d4c82feef56a0c51a.jpg

IMG_0814.JPG.92bc43ccad4921436797dcb0b6bbafac.JPG

IMG_0817.JPG.bae880777fb9e6fb1180dd0cdc58d8a5.JPG

IMG_0819.JPG.5914eee087e44bfd155915587e1d840b.JPG

• 1 month later...

3 months update:

Lots of new hair in the mid scalp but hairline still needs to catch up. Normally in other cases i have seen quick growth in hairline and slow growth in midscalp, I am not sure my results are going in right direction! Hope to see much more growth by 4 month. I know that 2 or 3 months nothing interesting but it would be good to have advice from experts about how is it going.

Thanks in advance.

FullSizeRender.jpg.0fc4d63e09cd938d6e6b558b104dda06.jpg

5b32e2d7ef32f_FullSizeRender(2).jpg.f393099c65a460b014ce41ad12c0c7db.jpg

5b32e2d80e987_FullSizeRender(1).jpg.d2baeb90b5e20c7604c36e707eb7ece5.jpg