Jose Lorenzo 2600 FUE Repair 10 months

jfables

Hello folks,

I don't get on the forums so much these days because I'm thankfully not so stressed over my hair anymore. I wanted to share my experience. I've talked about it before but to remind you I had or was led to believe I had thousands and thousands of FUE grafts over the past decade in 4 separate procedures by two separate doctors. The first two were done by a well known doc for being one of the first to perform FUE in the states ( I believe he is not allowed to be mentioned on this site), about 3,000+ total. Looking back now I realize the growth was horrible. Bad angles, placement, poor growth. 1mm scars in the donor.

I then had two with the designer salesman con artist from Toronto who eventually had his medical license taken from him and apparently still runs a clinic in Beverly Hills. He charged me for 4,500 grafts but I had come to realize eventually that he split the grafts and probably only extracted a third of that. More bad angles, too straight of a hairline, poor growth. No donor scars at least.

Slowly my hair continued to thin despite the meds and with the poor planning by myself and these clinics I was left with what you see here in the before pics.

I went to see Dr. Lorenzo in September 2013 with great hesitation. I had almost done a strip convinced for awhile that FUE always leads to poor growth but Dr. Lorenzo proved me wrong. His ability is on an elite level. Not only did I get excellent growth but the actually procedure was so easy. Barely any pain. No swelling. By day 3 post op there was no sign of surgery. The implanter technique makes it so much easier on the patient because you skip the step of having your head stabbed with holes or slits thousands of times. Way less trauma and quicker. 2,600 grafts mostly in the crown, some to touch up the & soften the hairline, some to rebuild the temple points & hide the bad angles, and some in the top middle area/vertex?

I plan to get another 2,000 or more in 2015 but for now want to enjoy what I got. Much thanks to Mickey85 for all the advice.

crown1.jpg.a7f1f57a0381b98de2245532ffe56465.jpg

5b32e09d82f80_fronttop.jpg.fd79e29ec543ceb9415f1161a727d105.jpg

5b32e09da3320_profileleft.jpg.c29f8157b2514bdd61ac279124085061.jpg

5b32e09dbb90e_rightprofile.jpg.9e243dc684c536e2ab18eeb3375b5cbe.jpg

front1.jpg.635f55982dd90924aa2b6fcad9858093.jpg

Much thanks to Mickey85 for all the advice.

Anytime my friend. So happy things worked out for you. Those previous two FUE surgeons should be sued into oblivion for their mistreatment of their patients.

Did you start taking meds near surgery time? That's just too much density for 2.6k grafts, even under a great doctor like Lorenzo.

Do you have any top down views? It seems you are combing it a little differently and there is shade. In any case, it looks a lot better than before and best of luck!

Did you start taking meds near surgery time? That's just too much density for 2.6k grafts, even under a great doctor like Lorenzo.

Do you have any top down views? It seems you are combing it a little differently and there is shade. In any case, it looks a lot better than before and best of luck!

I've been on meds for 14 years. It has slowed down my hairloss considerably but after 14 years most of it is gone. Just the bottom half of the crown under the whorl is left and that is very slowly going too.

I'm not sure why you think it's too much density. Take a closer look. It's plenty thin. The hair is long and combed together to give myself the best cosmetic look as are the hair styles in just about every result posted by famous clinics such as H&W. A shorter haircut would make it look much thinner.

I took the pictures myself in my home. The pre ops were done by Lorenzo on the day of surgery. Forgive me for not have given enough effort to match his pics.

No worries, I do forgive your poor pictures.

You're a funny guy and I'm not worried. I think the pics are pretty damn excellent. High quality, large size. This site seems to compress them but the originals are 36mp.

^Ha, good luck in your future surgeries, I got a similar situation in terms of pattern, and may well be following in your footsteps

It always goes, my friend. Guys get the wrong impression that they are holding onto their hair with propecia, rogaine, or various experimental concoctions and they just will need one surgery or they can get some really low hairline but you lose all the hair eventually. I think very few people actually grow some hair on meds. That being said the meds can slow the loss down considerably. I should have been a NW6 by 22 but 14 years later I'm still holding onto some hair.

Agreed. Are you using any products in your hair in the After pics?

I understand you are just sharing your real life results, as they appear today, which look awesome. But it is hard to get a sense of exactly what the 2600 grafts actually look like, given the differences in hair styling and lighting. Some immediate pre-op and post-op pics would be enlightening.

Also - I don't understand why you're not naming the first two surgeons prior to Lorenzo. If you had bad results with them, its more important than ever to share who they are. If this forum prohibits the naming of bad surgeons, then I am left to question the integrity this forum.

With that said, cheers man, you're looking a lot better these days!

NW5a, fin/foam/couvre

3801 grafts FUE, Dr Jose Lorenzo - Madrid, November 2014

Great improvement.

It looks kind of distinguished even though it is thin in some areas. But yes, take a year to enjoy looking normal again.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• 3 weeks later...
Agreed. Are you using any products in your hair in the After pics?

I understand you are just sharing your real life results, as they appear today, which look awesome. But it is hard to get a sense of exactly what the 2600 grafts actually look like, given the differences in hair styling and lighting. Some immediate pre-op and post-op pics would be enlightening.

Also - I don't understand why you're not naming the first two surgeons prior to Lorenzo. If you had bad results with them, its more important than ever to share who they are. If this forum prohibits the naming of bad surgeons, then I am left to question the integrity this forum.

With that said, cheers man, you're looking a lot better these days!

I believe he is not naming the previous surgeons because that particular surgeon, based in Atlanta is not allowed to be named on this forum.