1700 grafts on hairline - 13 days post op. Stressing out.

That's quite noticeable at 3 months. You will not damage your grafts if you shave the recipient area of the remaining hair, at this point I would definitely do this. If you can get a prescription skin medication from a dermatologist that would work on lessening the redness I would look into it. It's not a big deal really, you didn't get butchered and you have plenty of donor for a second pass, 1700 grafts at the hairline may not give you the density you are looking for, you will simply have to wait and see.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As almost all of us mentioned to you before, hope it works out for you man.

Some of the new hairs should be starting to sprout now or quite soon.

Be careful with using a shaver as it might pull on the new hairs, I'd recommend trimming them with scissors if possible. Anyway keep us updated.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

key-

Did the doc ever tell you why he didn't think adding a density greater than 50 would better match your existing hair? He knew u have super dense existing hair so adding the same 50/cm he probably gives most of his patients seems inadequate. Too often on this site we hear that 50/cm gives illusion of existing hair. I think that's way too general a statement...over and over we see guys get 50/cm and have to go back for more density. If it was me, I'd tell the doc, give me higher than 50... There is no way 50 will match my 100/cm existing. ( I know necrosis is an issue with super high dense packing approaching 100/cm, but 60-70 should be safe...or if it isn't i haven't seen a post from a doc stating so)

( I know necrosis is an issue with super high dense packing approaching 100/cm, but 60-70 should be safe...or if it isn't i haven't seen a post from a doc stating so)

Where do you get your information from? Is this documented or just your opinion? With all due respect, I'd be careful making statements like this unless you have the facts to back it up.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

Where do you get your information from? Is this documented or just your opinion? With all due respect, I'd be careful making statements like this unless you have the facts to back it up.

I've seen necrosis in a patient that was dense packed, and his hair is forever ruined. And it happened from a very well respected doctor who is recommended here. You do have a higher chance of necrosis when you dense pack due (one reason being blood pooling below the scalp), although giving specifics in regards to the amount of hair per sq. cm. that increases this risk cannot confirm.

I can understand having less density at the hairline in some patients, but this patient is one who would benefit from a dense hairline, as he shows no signs of future loss and the transition would be seamless.

He will likely need a second pass.

Having just read this thread, I don't think the patient should have had the surgery and I also don't think the surgeon should have performed it either.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Thanks guys I'm keeping positive now and hoping for the best. The redness is a bit of an issue so will look into the dermatologist so cheers for that.

The dr said 50cm would appear the same basically what you said.

Maybe I shouldn't have got it done but you know I always hated the high hairline and I was definitely receding in the temples and some guys just look really bad with it. I did. And I obsessed over it. I really just want that feeling of waking up and not worrying and hopefully itvgets there or I just go again for more density. I do feel a bit embarrassed about the start of the thread. I feel I have legitimate concerns but time will tell and I will continue to document it and we will all see the final result.

I can't fault the surgeon's ethics. He did best by the patient and by himself by being conservative.

The patient's bitching and whining at the start of the thread is truly a wonder to behold. I mean, 18 bloody DAYS post op and the guy's saying he doesn't "hold out much hope".

Absolute NIGHTMARE patient.

I'm certain that if the surgeon knew the patient would buzz his hair down to a 2 grade, there's no way he'd have told him that he'd look like he'd never had anything done within two weeks. .

I'd normally give the patient the benefit of the doubt but having read this thread and listened to the rollercoaster of panic, insecurity and bipolar swings from rational to irrational, I'm inclined to believe that the patient probably heard what he wanted to hear.

• 1 month later...

So here it is at 4 months. Some wet photos and some dry. I think some new recipient hair is starting to grow. Many people have commented how my hair is starting to grow back. The native hair seems to have recovered from a slight loss too. Is this about normal at the 4 month stage?

Its still pretty red though and this is 4 months. Will be going to doctor today to ask about it.

20140901_062708-1.jpg.29b218790b1cac39064f6c33583971cf.jpg

20140901_062820-1.jpg.597b113487543b8e5db9826fc82275bb.jpg

20140901_062718-1.jpg.2983cbcfca75aa5bcdb098a5d090c845.jpg

20140901_063404-1.jpg.5ac7f300ead679a8c9698109f1db186f.jpg

20140901_063415.jpg.81369521c63aa9c21eb3483ef11cdad0.jpg

20140901_063418-1.jpg.550320b6df4a459bf563cb7a86ee52af.jpg

20140901_063442.jpg.91b7420dd54ee9d487c3ca1cffe1f175.jpg

20140901_063450-1.jpg.1eaaaf57d83508a989179ca314ee80bc.jpg

20140901_063455-1-1.jpg.7a1d66c8e454659d9e1875f78556d37f.jpg

Looks on track. I wouldn't worry about the redness it will most probably subside in a few more months. There's not much you can do about it anyway.

In 2-3 months I think you will be a lot happier with how it is looking.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Thanks Matt. And again congrats on your results absolutely amazing.

Cryingoutloud, fair enough. Definitely deserve a bit of that considering how I carried on at the beginning. I couldn't have lost my mind more could I. Although I don't think its completely uncommon for people to become upset and regretful straight after cosmetic surgery and I havent been dishonest at any stage and if you read all my posts havent been that negative.

I honestly admit however i completely overreacted to how I was feeling and admit I embarrassed myself. Ialologise to all those people who geniuley got butchered and here I was crying over stuff they would shrug off.

I've learnt a fair bit through this. Firstly, this forum and majority of its users are just amazing. Even when stressing out hard the amount of support was a godsend and really helped. More then they know. And they dont have to do that. But going out of their way to geniuley comfort someone even if you think they're acting like a nightmare...just amazing. I hope you guys know how awesome you are and how much your words help people.

This world really is about expectations. I thought I had done enough research and had reasonable expectations but obviously I hadn't. Ive seen some truly horrible butcher jobs recently and its given me perspective. Don't get me wrong I didn't get a bad job or anywhere near that and I thank god. Hence why I feel like I shouldn't really have cried like a kid. But expectations make or break you. In terms of Dr Bhatti if you actually read my posts I say a lot of positives. And Ill repeat them. He is a very warm and down to earth guy. He spent a lot of time with me pre surgery. Answered all my questions. Helped with accommodation and everything. Ethics? As ive mentioned a few times now. I pushed him several times to take more grafts like 3000. So he could have. He refused and stuck to 1700. The surgery and the after care were no problems. And again I saw first hand another patients results and they were awesome. So didn't question him as a person his ethics or ability. But where I think the problem was management of expectations. And again ive been truthful about that. I expected that the scabs fall off and its looks normal for a couple of weeks just red. But after two weeks no one can tell. Then after a few weeks the red goes and the hair starts falling and looks sparse. Then eventually no difference can be detected. Because this is what I was told. If I was told the scabs will fall off and you will look like you have see through doll hair and a big red section for 4 plus months and it will completely obvious for a long time and it will always be noticeable with short hair because of your existing density, I would not have stressed so hard. Because that's when I started doubting every thing. In the long run yeah I get its not that big deal now...pfft red head and funny hairline for a few months who cares. Especially when you see some truly bad jobs. And yeah so what if the density isn't there at the worst I can just go for a second round. But who knows it might actually turn out great. And I hope so. But all the things I stressed so hard about don't really matter that much now. And never would have if I was told to expect this. Also if I did some more research to of course not suggesting I don't have responsibility. So I've been thinking about removing the thread but at tge same time might be good for new people and patients who are stressing to see that you need to calm down things get better plus the support this forum can provide. Also don't want people to think im saying dr Bhatti isnt a decent surgeon. So im not sure.

In the tl, dr version:

Yes you are right I massively overreacted after my surgery.

Thanks for the support from many posters who are just great guys.

Its very important to make sure your expectations are in line with reality. You may be red and weird looking for months its not a magic invisible op after 2 weeks and really consider your expectations with density.

Thanks Matt. And again congrats on your results absolutely amazing.

Cryingoutloud, fair enough. Definitely deserve a bit of that considering how I carried on at the beginning. I couldn't have lost my mind more could I. Although I don't think its completely uncommon for people to become upset and regretful straight after cosmetic surgery and I havent been dishonest at any stage and if you read all my posts havent been that negative.

I honestly admit however i completely overreacted to how I was feeling and admit I embarrassed myself. Ialologise to all those people who geniuley got butchered and here I was crying over stuff they would shrug off.

I've learnt a fair bit through this. Firstly, this forum and majority of its users are just amazing. Even when stressing out hard the amount of support was a godsend and really helped. More then they know. And they dont have to do that. But going out of their way to geniuley comfort someone even if you think they're acting like a nightmare...just amazing. I hope you guys know how awesome you are and how much your words help people.

This world really is about expectations. I thought I had done enough research and had reasonable expectations but obviously I hadn't. Ive seen some truly horrible butcher jobs recently and its given me perspective. Don't get me wrong I didn't get a bad job or anywhere near that and I thank god. Hence why I feel like I shouldn't really have cried like a kid. But expectations make or break you. In terms of Dr Bhatti if you actually read my posts I say a lot of positives. And Ill repeat them. He is a very warm and down to earth guy. He spent a lot of time with me pre surgery. Answered all my questions. Helped with accommodation and everything. Ethics? As ive mentioned a few times now. I pushed him several times to take more grafts like 3000. So he could have. He refused and stuck to 1700. The surgery and the after care were no problems. And again I saw first hand another patients results and they were awesome. So didn't question him as a person his ethics or ability. But where I think the problem was management of expectations. And again ive been truthful about that. I expected that the scabs fall off and its looks normal for a couple of weeks just red. But after two weeks no one can tell. Then after a few weeks the red goes and the hair starts falling and looks sparse. Then eventually no difference can be detected. Because this is what I was told. If I was told the scabs will fall off and you will look like you have see through doll hair and a big red section for 4 plus months and it will completely obvious for a long time and it will always be noticeable with short hair because of your existing density, I would not have stressed so hard. Because that's when I started doubting every thing. In the long run yeah I get its not that big deal now...pfft red head and funny hairline for a few months who cares. Especially when you see some truly bad jobs. And yeah so what if the density isn't there at the worst I can just go for a second round. But who knows it might actually turn out great. And I hope so. But all the things I stressed so hard about don't really matter that much now. And never would have if I was told to expect this. Also if I did some more research to of course not suggesting I don't have responsibility. So I've been thinking about removing the thread but at tge same time might be good for new people and patients who are stressing to see that you need to calm down things get better plus the support this forum can provide. Also don't want people to think im saying dr Bhatti isnt a decent surgeon. So im not sure.

In the tl, dr version:

Yes you are right I massively overreacted after my surgery.

Thanks for the support from many posters who are just great guys.

Its very important to make sure your expectations are in line with reality. You may be red and weird looking for months its not a magic invisible op after 2 weeks and really consider your expectations with density.

Hi keysersoze,

I am so happy to find out that you are feeling much better about your HT with Dr. Bhatti now. From the day one, I had been requesting everyone to be patient. I strongly believe that in a few months from now, you will be extremely happy with your HT results. Unfortunately this HT work takes its time and also takes its toll on our emotions. You said what you believed and the other members on this forum supported you. That is what is expected.....sympathy and empathy. I am happy that you got the support of the forum members when you really needed it.

My suggestion is not to remove this thread but to take it to a "happy ending". This thread is in no way a bad reflection on you or Dr. Bhatti. It is a good example of some sincere, raw and un-edited emotions. As a hair loss sufferer, I can understand and related to the roller coaster ride.

Please keep on updating your results. You have built up the curiosity and suspense now.....and you owe it to this forum to keep sharing the "good stuff" :)

Wishing you all the best.

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• 2 weeks later...

By Christmas you'll likely know if you need another pass. I'm guessing at this stage you will, you might want to plan accordingly on this, regardless if you do or you don't.

It's an easy fix, no doubt, but that hairline looks weak now, and if it does not thicken up, it's not a big deal, you have no thinning anywhere and are a candidate to dense pack the hairline.

Most people on this forum only wish they had your problems, believe me.

• 4 months later...