Looking for opinions!

Apparently I made this account when I was 18... I see the old pics I posted, man I wish I had that now! I turn 20 next month.

Long story short, I kinda felt like my hair was thinning but I didn't think it was all that bad, it looked fine when I had medium length hair... Everybody always said how thick my hair was, but I knew it wasn't that thick... It looked pretty thick, but when I run my fingers through it I can feel and see how thin it is...

Well, I decided to get a buzz cut just for fun... Whoa... Apparently my hair is very thin and now I don't know what to do, it's thin in the middle.. my hairline looks fine, my crown isn't even super bad.. but the middle.. What is this? Please help, I haven't been able to take my hat off infront of anyone for a week now, this makes me insanely depressed. I completetly forgot about my thin hair until i buzzed it.. I feel like it wont grow back as thick.

it doesn't look bad in dim lit rooms as you see in first pic, but soon as i'm under direct sunlight in my house or outside it's awful..

5b32ded36d8c7_photo1.jpg.ca650f99436ea6a0bf883bf4975f6d98.jpg

5b32ded38af4c_photo2.jpg.c65acbb809b49b8a15ac5cb102342a76.jpg

5b32ded3ac12c_photo3.JPG.54476dcd5e25c9a2b9be7bb0e42b509e.JPG

5b32ded3c4f58_photo4.JPG.4d6d933c96c6cabad9d063964762b474.JPG

5b32ded3f40fd_photo5.JPG.34928dd68ea203e1a98ccf8f0b13f0d1.JPG

I have very blond hair as you can see, and I've noticed my hair ontop of my head where it looks thin grows literally straight up, could that be a reason why it looks so thin under direct sunlight? Or is this an actual bad case of thinning hair?

I just find it so weird how my hair looked perfect normal and thick before i cut it... My crown was a little thin, but ontop was perfect... This honestly surprised me when I buzzed my hair, i wasn't expepcting this at all..

That's one reason I won't buzz my hair. I used to do it for "checks", but if I can live with less worry for a few years, I'm fine with that. For me it always felt thicker shaved down but I won't risk that feeling anymore. My face gets flush thinking about it.

Get on fin asap.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

You may just have relatively fine hair. Check out the David Beckham hair loss photo of him buzzed and in direct sunlight - similar to your photos.

If you really think it is thinning then go see a reputable hair doctor.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

You may just have relatively fine hair. Check out the David Beckham hair loss photo of him buzzed and in direct sunlight - similar to your photos.

If you really think it is thinning then go see a reputable hair doctor.

This makes me feel good :D

When I'm outside or whatever it doesn't look so bad, not nearly as bad as any of these pictures. These pictures are all taken with a very bright light right above my head (except for the first one showing my hairline) my hairline seems good. My hairlines the same as it's always been, it's matured a bit but i wouldn't say receding, right?

I just kind of feel weird how it's more thin in some parts than others, that makes me think MPB or something...? I'm probably going to see a doctor regardless just to make sure, but i'm unsure how to... I live in Canada so it wont cost me (i think..) but I don't have a family doctor, would I just go to the walk-in or something and see a random doctor..?

Your hair looks great- get on a daily 1mg propecia regime and let the meds work and, if you don't have any problems with the medication (a small, small, chance) you should have quality hair for a long, long time. Best to be proactive than reactive. and yes... relax :>

Some great advice already and maybe your hair does grow straight upwards and when it is buzzed short the scalp becomes more visible. Once it grows longer it lays back down and covers more scalp, the answer for you is keep it longer. Maybe the person who cut your hair went very short in the middle of your scalp before I started to notice my hair loss I used to have a flat top and this did exactly the same.

Your hair looks decent but I agree you should look into taking propecia you are too young to consider surgery at this stage and you have no requirement for it.

Enjoy your life.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Yea my hair definitely does grow straight up on top. The guy cut the entire top of my head with a #3 and the sides with a #2. When it grows a little longer it starts to lay back down again and looks much thicker. I do have pretty thin hair, but it's not bad when long. Keeping it long is the answer I guess.

But i'm confused, you guys say it looks good but then also recommend me taking medication? :D So it does look like it's thinning? just not very bad yet? It's just that I don't want to take medication if I don't have to due to all the side effects. But of course I will if it means I'll have hair for longer.

So to get medication could I just go into a walk-in clinic and see a random doctor, or should I google local dermatologists and make an apointment?

@ 18and Balding

Hi there. It is definitely a good idea to have your case documented so that you educate yourself appropriately. Seeking more that one reputable clinic that can offer you sound consultation (online & in-person) is in your best interests. I don't suggest walking into any random dermatologists' offices or walking into the first hair restoration clinic in your local area. I must be honest and tell you that there are lots of bad clinics out there. Your current hair loss pattern may be what it appears to be. You may well lose the vertex first and maintain the front for many years to come. Definitely expect more loss to continue at what will always seem to be an alarming rate. You should consider all available non-surgical hair restoration solutions because your condition will progress to an unknown extent. There is no better time than now to research what options you might most benefit from in consideration of keeping what you have, at least, until you are at a proper age to pursue surgical hair restoration methods. Understand that medical therapy comes with associated side effects, financial responsibility, and absolute commitment. Don't hesitate to ask for help, and question pretty much everything. I hope this info is helpful, 18 and Balding.

My opinions are based on my beliefs and are simply my own. I am one representative of the WHTC clinic.

Free Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

Brussels, Belgium - Available

London, United Kingdom - Available

Zurich, Switzerland - Available

Bologna, Italy - Available

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians