pictures of fue from raymond konior

rab

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Type up Raymond Konior Chicago and you will find his site. One of the most elite hair transplant surgeon in the world Dr Konior is a true artist, and he also places all the grafts himself, a real perfectionist. I know Dr K does FUE, but mainly he is renowned for his strip work, and his post-op pics are some of the cleanest I've ever seen. Call his office and talk to Tom Ruiz, patient manager, a really affable guy who can answer all your questions. But if you are looking for one of the best hairline surgeons who is involved in every part of the procedure and don't mind FUT Dr Konior has some of the best scars around. Really pencil thin.

I know he offers FUE. Although his strip work pics are amazing I do not know if he has FUE pics up on his website. As far as artistic design and implanting the hair His post-op pics really show a perfectionist in how clean and neat the grafts are packed. Try contacting his online rep Spanker. He is very helpful and could maybe tell you more about Dr Konior and FUE. Best of luck to you I hope you the best.

Type up Raymond Konior Chicago and you will find his site. One of the most elite hair transplant surgeon in the world Dr Konior is a true artist, and he also places all the grafts himself, a real perfectionist. I know Dr K does FUE, but mainly he is renowned for his strip work, and his post-op pics are some of the cleanest I've ever seen. Call his office and talk to Tom Ruiz, patient manager, a really affable guy who can answer all your questions. But if you are looking for one of the best hairline surgeons who is involved in every part of the procedure and don't mind FUT Dr Konior has some of the best scars around. Really pencil thin.

The elevators at work are mirrored and I can't help but marvel at the hairline work, more undetectable than I ever thought possible.

I'd have no qualms having an FUE procedure by him. If he couldn't do it he wouldn't.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

I had my strip surgery from Konior a couple years back and in response to if he does FUE his was, "both will leave you a scar, we'll have more success with hair with the strip." I don't believe he was disparaging FUE because he said he would do it if I wanted it, but his quantity of graft success combined with what is actually a smaller scar in his case means he always prefers strip.

I had no problem then with the strip and this is my haircut now shaved extremely close to the skin without any visible strip scar. I hope this helps you Rab.

J4xddxu.jpg?1

Sam Spade

View my HT photo album

Very satisfied customer of Dr. Konior, Chicago

FUT, 3950 grafts, June 2012

Message me if you have any questions regarding my experience or Dr. K.

I'm only 4 months out from a FUT procedure with Dr. Konior and my hairstylist can't find the scar.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

rab, I went to Konior as well and scheduled my procedure during what is normally a slow period for me. As luck would have it, I suddenly got busy and was working 8 days after my procedure. I am fortunate that I can wear a hat in my line of work, but it was pretty uncomfortable. I would suggest taking two or more weeks off from work.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

i could only get 10 total days off in a row if i got the transplant done on a thursday and had the following week off, thats really my only option.

i was told from the photos i sent i roughly need a total of 1000 to 1200 grafts to restore my hairline.

Rab - i'm not sure what number the shave level is at but my guess is a 1 and no more than a 2. It's as close as I would go before shaving it completely bald on the sides, which isn't my style anyway. Konior would tell you and anyone else, if you have any desire to ever shave your head anywhere, DON"T get a hair transplant. All transplants involve cutting.

I think if you have 10 days off you could be good. The main factor would be if you have the graft area shaved or not. Konior and other doctors alike can work with current hair or shaved, but he said his results and visiiilty are higher with shaving so I went with that since I work from home. But I would still trust an amazing job if you didn't shave the zone and you could be back at work after ten days and I doubt anyone would notice a difference. This was me after two weeks: 2-weeks.jpg

You can imagine that if I trimmed my hair the length of the grafts it would look pretty normal. I just kept it wacky for a while. Then it grew in nice and thick with some patience. :)

Ju3qXNY.jpg

Sam Spade

View my HT photo album

Very satisfied customer of Dr. Konior, Chicago

FUT, 3950 grafts, June 2012

Message me if you have any questions regarding my experience or Dr. K.

Rab - i'm not sure what number the shave level is at but my guess is a 1 and no more than a 2. It's as close as I would go before shaving it completely bald on the sides, which isn't my style anyway. Konior would tell you and anyone else, if you have any desire to ever shave your head anywhere, DON"T get a hair transplant. All transplants involve cutting.

I think if you have 10 days off you could be good. The main factor would be if you have the graft area shaved or not. Konior and other doctors alike can work with current hair or shaved, but he said his results and visiiilty are higher with shaving so I went with that since I work from home. But I would still trust an amazing job if you didn't shave the zone and you could be back at work after ten days and I doubt anyone would notice a difference. This was me after two weeks: 2-weeks.jpg

You can imagine that if I trimmed my hair the length of the grafts it would look pretty normal. I just kept it wacky for a while. Then it grew in nice and thick with some patience. :)

Ju3qXNY.jpg

Christ that's incredible, especially that other pic of your donor.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

sam whats the density of the grafts? i.e. grafts per square centimeter?

You are going to need about 50cm2 depending on your characteristics. I assume that some of your hairline is still intact since you are looking at such a small number. The density implanted will likely be less since it sounds like you are implanting into an area with hair.

You are estimating a very small case and 1200 grafts is really what I would call a hairline bump. If you are almost bald in the hairline you should estimate about 1000 grafts per cm of restoration for at least the first 2 cm of the hairline, so if you have 2 cm of weak hairline, that would be 2k grafts.

The best thing to do is to get a consult with the docs you are considering. You may be quoted 1200 from one doctor and 2000 from the next, and obviously, there will be a difference, now or in the future if they both get full growth.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed i would love to see him post some of his FUE results... I agree with a poster above if he couldn't do it he wouldn't... Would love to see what hes capable of doing... Maybe Spanker can help out on this

You only live once...

The doctor tells me that he only gets about 5 percent of pts that return for photos and he traditionally has done more strip than fue, so this might be a big reason. I haven't seen him post photos that the pts take themselves. It seems every week I speak to him he has just done an fue case, so maybe we'll get a pt poster soon.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Hdude its been 7 years since my HT with Dr. Ron Shapiro and I have been very happy with the results. From patient care to the results I cannot say one bad thing about Dr. Shapiro and staff.

You only live once...