Dr. Paul Shapiro - 0-12 months Temple Corners/Hairline Refinement - 1395/2418 Grafts.

Excellent work! The patient must be thrilled. Thank you for sharing.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

A very subtle but cosmetically significant change for a guy around my age who already had a nice head of hair. I'd love to be in his shoes.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I agree he's lucky to have almost a full head of hair in his late 40's.

Thanks for the feedback.

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

I think the "actual" result is pretty decent for 1300 grafts. The density of the "actual" transplanted hair is not bad. However...

I'm going to be completely blunt here because I think this is ridiculous. The first four comparison pictures are a joke. They are straight up dishonest. I seriously thought this was some type of scam as I began scrolling down... the difference between the first four comparison pictures is 99% hair style. This is downright deceitful.

He literally could have had no HT whatsoever, and those pictures in the first four comparisons could have been taken 30 seconds apart. I realize you couldn't really see the difference from those angles, partly because the actual result is quite subtle, but that is no reason to manufacture a difference.

I think the "actual" result is pretty decent for 1300 grafts. The density of the "actual" transplanted hair is not bad. However...

I'm going to be completely blunt here because I think this is ridiculous. The first four comparison pictures are a joke. They are straight up dishonest. I seriously thought this was some type of scam as I began scrolling down... the difference between the first four comparison pictures is 99% hair style. This is downright deceitful.

He literally could have had no HT whatsoever, and those pictures in the first four comparisons could have been taken 30 seconds apart. I realize you couldn't really see the difference from those angles, partly because the actual result is quite subtle, but that is no reason to manufacture a difference.

I suppose we could have just put up the last 5 pictures.......

There is no intention of deceit in posting this result. I believe we tend to post as much info as possible and the pics with the hair style was close to pre-surgery. The pre-surgery pics had wet hair so the "after" pics have wet hair as well. We can all see with the relatively small number of grafts that this would produce a more subtle difference so I can't see where we presented a "manufactured difference". We knew the first four compare pics did not show a huge change but then this patient did not need a huge change. Thus, the last 5 pictures show the actual graft placement and the close up pics with the hair combed out of the way to show the result. I'd be inclined to understand your complaint if we only showed the first 4 comparisons pics.

That's nice work i must say. How much would that cost and how many grafts were inserted? The hair line looks lovely now that it's bought forward!!

This patient had 1395 grafts, which equaled 2418 hairs. The cost of our FUT procedure comes out to approx. $5 per graft after travel discount. :)

Thanks for your comment and inquiry.

Thanks Orlhair, good to hear from you.

I believe we tend to post as much info as possible and the pics with the hair style was close to pre-surgery. The pre-surgery pics had wet hair so the "after" pics have wet hair as well.

Your attention to detail, and the professional nature of the pictures, is why I don't believe it was any accident his hair in the first four after pictures is styled to hide recession much better. In those pictures, at a quick glance it appears he has more coverage and his hairline was broadened... and yet the ONLY difference is how his hair is styled. You simply cannot see or appreciate the actual result from those first four angles, so you styled his hair better to manufacture one.

I've seen work from your clinic and overall it's pretty solid, but I have to call you out on this because I'm fairly confident it was intentional.