BHR Dr. Bisanga Brussels 3517 FUT

Arekk

I met Dr Bisanga last Saturday. He said if there will be no grow after 12 months and if I will came to Brussels he will give me 1000 grafts FUE to earlier transplanted area.

I will also have PRP to accelerate healing and they will take biopsy to see what happened. It would be good if I would start taking finasteride.

I asked about crown area but Dr said first we have to complete the front area and we will see what happen, maybe 3500 grafts was to much for my body.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BHR are a very good clinic and good to hear to hear they are looking after you. Maybe smaller sessions will be the way forward to get you where you need to be.

Typically it is my opinion whatever growth is through by month 9 is pretty much it. After that it is thickening.

However looking at your pictures it does seem the placement looked a bit low density back in the mid scalp area where there is no growth now. I know this is typically intentional in a HT and where higher hair groupings (3's,4's) are placed to add density.

Looking at your pictures the grafts which stayed in place longest (prior to full shedding) after the procedure are the ones in which the growth has come through. I have seen this in many examples.

But i have noticed a trend in 2 day surgeries where the mid scalp area does not come through as well. It seems to me that perhaps the blood supply is dominated by the grafts going in on day 1. And then the lower density area (mid scalp) with the higher hair groupings suffer for survival on day 2 with a lower yield.

Would be interested to hear any professional opinions on this as it does seem to be a bit of a trend.?

I met Dr Bisanga last Saturday. He said if there will be no grow after 12 months and if I will came to Brussels he will give me 1000 grafts FUE to earlier transplanted area.

I will also have PRP to accelerate healing and they will take biopsy to see what happened. It would be good if I would start taking finasteride.

I asked about crown area but Dr said first we have to complete the front area and we will see what happen, maybe 3500 grafts was to much for my body.

I'm in the same boat,I got 4000 grafts,and they didn't all take,now I went back for another 2600,I think either they will come out slower,the first ones,or it was too much for the scalp to take.If I was to redo it,I would do 2 sessions of 2500 each.But I do feel alot of new stubble where I thought nothing would happen,I have heard that hair follicles are very resilient,maybe take more time to produce,but they do produce.

• 3 weeks later...

appears as tho u got some of that "X" factor goin on. I'm don't think a 1000 grafts wud make much of a dent but id take him up on his offer its free. he one of the best HT surgeons on the planet so its not doctor skill holding u back.

but.... some have takn up to 16 month to grow and some start sprouting at 12 months but by now u wud usually see more hair but some jus take longer to grow. maybe ur one of them ppl. GL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yup,don't look good,but it looks alot like my progress,i started seeing a lot of new hairs at 13 months,but i don't know if it's from this years surgery or last years.Arek do you feel any stubble that isn't really visible now?

I don't see any new hair on my head in the mirror. Maybe I am a slow grower and something will happen. I don't know if there is a progress when you look on my photos.. Dr Bisanga said I have to wait untill 15 month.

• 2 weeks later...

Arekk you will not have a significant improvement and I can tell you from my personal experience...

You have a worse yield than mine ,sorry man I know how you feel ... choosing a doctor recommended by this site does not guarantee anything ...Personally, I've lately seen a lot of very good results from doctors who are not recommended by no one

goes to show even world class surgeons have failures. is it the surgeon or the patients X factor? I'm thinkn the latter. must be really disappointing tho wen u go to a top doctor and get the results ud expect from a no name doctor charging 10 cents a grafts.