BHR Dr. Bisanga Brussels 3517 FUT

Arekk

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i dont want to ause panic, hopefull u are just a slow grower, but at this stage i am concerned about no growth behind the hairline., from the post op photos there were alot of grafts placed there so hope they come in.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing. Please keep us posted. How do you feel about the growth so far? Have you shown the pictures to Dr. Bisanga?

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Hi Delancey

I believe the patient is in touch regularly with his advisor for his particular country. I am not the advisor as such due to nationalities I deal with so my knowledge is what I get from the advisor for Arekk and I believe the doctor and advisor will see the him in September to evaluate when they visit that country.

Apologies to Arekk that my personal input is limited due to me not being the advisor but I know that my colleague is in touch with you regularly and passes photos to Dr.Bisanga and they have tabled to see you and I hope you see more growth in the coming months and still could see significant change at this time and this is especially so for second surgeries also.

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Hi Delancey

I believe the patient is in touch regularly with his advisor for his particular country. I am not the advisor as such due to nationalities I deal with so my knowledge is what I get from the advisor for Arekk and I believe the doctor and advisor will see the him in September to evaluate when they visit that country.

Apologies to Arekk that my personal input is limited due to me not being the advisor but I know that my colleague is in touch with you regularly and passes photos to Dr.Bisanga and they have tabled to see you and I hope you see more growth in the coming months and still could see significant change at this time and this is especially so for second surgeries also.

SL, thanks for the comment.

1. Do second surgeries in the same location of the scalp typically take longer to grow?

2. Also, if you were to guess, how large was the covered scalp in cm2?

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

I am of course in contact with advisor. I try to be patient and I am waiting for higher density. Other people have very good effect after 6-7 months, maybe I just have to wait longer.

Hi Delancey, from experience it can take longer to come in when not a virgin scalp and even when there is good surgery performed and going over previously grafted areas to add density for example that is visibly in "good condition" then even micro scarring can effect growth speed, yield etc.

The area here treated is fairly large and into new areas also. I see the placement spread backwards and then decreasing and it tapers off before ending but as a guestimate then easily over 90 cm2 treated here and if placing at 40 FU per cm2 for arguments sake would be approx 3600 grafts but as said the density tapers off before ending as is common practice.

Arekk you have been very patient so far and nothing more could really be asked for so I hope more comes in for you and things even out in the coming months and of course the doctor will see you in around 2 months to assess and nothing beats a personal meeting in terms of assessing.

You still have more growing months ahead of you and be assured the doctor will give an honest appraisal when he sees you in person and sincerely hoping for more to come in these months and thank you for the patience shown so far.

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Don't lose hope, sometimes things happen later for repeat surgeries. Sincere thanks for sharing your experience.

Questions --

Do the regions of slow growth correlate to areas that were operated on in the past?

Were you a slow grower after the first surgery?

You may have said this already, but are you on finasteride/dutasteride, ketoconazole, minox, etc?

Stay strong my friend!

Just to clarify to all, Dr.Bisanga is indeed seeing Arekk as planned tomorrow in the patient's home country along with the patient advisor for that country to assess in person. Particular thanks to Arekk for his patience and will have a thorough assessment when they meet tomorrow.

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

As sl wrote I will see Dr Bisanga tomorrow.

Q: Do the regions of slow growth correlate to areas that were operated on in the past?

No, I think in this regions the density is even higher, in year 2005 the hair was transplanted in the temples area. Slower grow is between this area.

I wasn't slow grower after first surgery, it was only 800 grafts but as I remember the grow was ended until 10 months.

From 1999 I use minox, so it's 15 years.. from begining of this year very regularly (2 times a day) - on the top and back of my head, I am careful on the front, so only 1 time a day.

I was using Proscar (divided in 4 parts) for 2 years, but is was not working on me, I was still losing my hair and I stopped using it 3 years ago, maybe I have to many androgen receptors in my body..

I use Nizoral shampoo but not very regularly.

I also use MSM from one year.

It seems to me that especially during last 2-3 weeks the density is higher, so maybe it will still be more grow in the nearest months.

Thank you for all comments