3 months post-up, beefed up hairline from Dr. K

hsrp10

Damn! Awesome hair, wish I could wear my hair like yours! Hate my flat top lol. Congrats mate

looks great, did you have to shave? does a no shave procedure cost more?

what was the density level, ie grafts per cm2 i think its called.

also if you dont mind me asking,what is the distance from your eyebrows to your hairline?

Thanks guys, now at exactly nine months post-op, the change in my frontal hair has really made a difference in my life! I had a subsequent minor procedure with Dr. K for a small area behind my transplanted area, some minor temple point work, and also most important to me some 3's grafts into my Bosley scar. Anyway, I can go out with my hair still wet and although not as thick when dry still age appropriate enough thick.

With Dr. Konior, you don't have to shave he is highly capable of producing great results non-shaved.

However if you have a lot of native/pre-existing hair I highly recommend shaving down as much as you can in terms of allowable downtime. It does make it easier for the doc and lessens the chance of transection. I did shave for the initial procedure.

Yaz, I just grow it long in the front, personally am thinking of cutting it short to deal with scalp eczema (a mix of SD and scalp psoriasis)

Rab, I have never measured or had my frontal density measured, but I know my donor is average at 70 cm2

My frontal hairline to eyebrows is 6.5cm, but the temples are more pronounced (but that's another story to tell... LOL :D)

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

hsrp, you had a touch up procedure after the one you had 9 months ago? Or was that the touch up procedure? How many grafts were used in the touch up?

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

I had a touch-up procedure 6 months post-op in areas that were not worked on in the initial procedure.

I had stopped Propecia and noticed thinning behind my transplanted area so I asked Dr. K to fill in some of that area, and also had some minor temple point work and asked him to transplant some hair into my Bosley scar to see if it would grow.

The initial procedure results grew in well and grew in early from four months post-op.

It was just under 1000 grafts

Edited by hsrp10

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

any pics of the scar right after and heeled?

There is a pic of mine in my HT thread.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Dr. K's "scars" are quite awesome! Almost not even there. I have had multiple FUT's so my goal was not to go 100% linear scarless, otherwise I would have gone FUE.

Spanker and others have good examples on their threads/blogs. Remember everyone heals differently, and the risks are always there for some stretching.

go dense or go home

your hair looks absolutely amazing, congratulations !

1st HT 1973 FUT's with Dr.Robert Mcclellan 6/28/2007

*unfortunately I have no info on hair count on my 1st surgery ..

2nd HT 3026 FUT's with Dr. Bernadino Arocha 1/9/2014

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=54945&d=1389315686

3026 FUTs 1 day HT#2 post op frontal picture

Dr. K's "scars" are quite awesome! Almost not even there

My hairstylist literally can't find mine.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 4 weeks later...

hsrp10,your hair looks great, Konior is without a doubt a great surgeon! to be clear, were all your procedures strip or did you mix in a fue in there? just gathering information about some of the top docs and i was curious if you'd had any conversations with him about fue and if you did, what was his opinion/view on the procedure?

Since 21, I'm gathering that you are a Konior patient as well and any bits of info on my questions about Konior and fue is also welcomed.

thanks guys!

hsrp10,your hair looks great, Konior is without a doubt a great surgeon! to be clear, were all your procedures strip or did you mix in a fue in there? just gathering information about some of the top docs and i was curious if you'd had any conversations with him about fue and if you did, what was his opinion/view on the procedure?

Hey man always like to see people doing more research including talking with former patients.

I had a previous 100% detectable linear FUT scar (unless shaved to 0-1) from a Dr. Hasson procedure back in 2010, and since I already had the scar Dr. Konior just worked with that and reclosed the area in my surgeries with him.

Also, I hadn't heard of him doing FUE when I had the procedures done, myself also just recently learning that he does since this spring.

Now if you have a virgin scalp FUE might be a way to go. Dr. K might be on the expensive side for FUE if you need more than 2,000 grafts, but it would certainly be worth it.

Since his scars are almost undetectable and FUT is what he does most, I would recommend FUT if choosing Konior. But have a consultation with him and see how it goes.

go dense or go home

hrsp10- thanks for your timely response, i appreciate it. i was wondering about konior and fue because i don't have the ability to shave my entire head anymore due to two 1000 graft strips back when i was 24. i didn't educate myself as much as i should have due to my age and went to MHR before they were recently bought by bosley but i got lucky and was operated on by dr. melvin mayer, who most agree, is the best and most ethical for mhr/bosley. the result was actually successful and has lasted for a decade plus, but now as we age, the hairline has slowly eroded and i'd like to beef up the initial frontal core like you did. some touch up work as you say.

even though i already have a strip scar, i don't feel that i want to be "opened up" again and i don't know if i want to go back into the scar for a third time and chance stretching since it is a decent scar. so i was wondering if konior does minimal shave fue for a small touch up procedure. i estimate i would need 1500-2000 grafts to set me up for the longhaul. i'm on propecia and have been a strong responder for over a decade.

Understand you bro, if I ever have any more touchups they will likely be FUE only and also looking to SMP my old Bosley scar. Not touching the back of my head anymore.

Definitely at least have an e-mail consult or if possible Skype consult (not sure if he does those) with Dr. Konior. The only down part may be the cost, but check with him on that too.

go dense or go home