3 months post-up, beefed up hairline from Dr. K

hsrp10

Had a second HT procedure for hairline density with Dr. Konior almost about 3 months ago.

Now have more hair in my hairline then I did before the procedure ;) and saw new growth at the 2 month 3 week mark which I reported to the clinic.

I don't think you can be more honest than wet hair closeups so just posting these for now, looks better dry of course and is still short from being shaved down.

Right side gaps in the front are filling in but left side is lagging still.

It's a long rough road after the procedure with the ugly duckling phase, having to explain to others where you were, some minor hairloss from dandruff etc. so the early growth is encouraging.

Edit: Added a pic dry, hope if it thickens I can wear my hair back instead of combed over.

wet-before.png.bb6533df6f411c00a78990525ff134ce.png

wet_3months.png.70b11b295c54c1c7b7649017d081a534.png

Edited by hsrp10

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Hs,

Looks great! Congratulations.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Thanks Blake, it has been an up/down three years since finding this forum, mostly ups.

I am better off now after all the advice and help here, here is what I looked like before HT #1 btw....

Edited by hsrp10

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

I'm going to change this thread into my photo album eventually, but here is a comparison of my green screen shot at Dr. Konior's office three months and two days ago with a comparison today.

This is including having been shaved down to buzz level in the front, and I haven't been on Fin, MSM or anything so the new early growth is all entirely the work of Dr. Konior.

greenscreen.png.00029c8f0ffd60725c0af8007398e058.png

3monthspost.png.867b7b1bbfbd13cecae498bb97cd8e51.png

go dense or go home

Funny you should mention 2 months and 3 weeks. That's about where i'm at (11.5 weeks) and I've noticed the growth start in the last week.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

1978Matt,

Bam! That's awesome. Must be the skill of Dr. Konior that's helping us achieve the early growth.

Most traditionally say new hair cannot grow until at least 3 months have passed.

Looking forward to your pics.

go dense or go home

• 2 weeks later...

Man, you are 10 years older than me and looking great. I hope I have that much hair in a decade!

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

thanks all!

this site has helped me a million, I was basically in denial about my hair and scalp problems for such a long time, until I found this place back in 2010.

Spanker, your results and information on Dr. Konior were extremely timely and inspiring!

Helped me make a decision that has given me more confidence only a few months post-up.

When you get to a certain age, you start to accept everything is going downhill, exciting to know I will look younger than I did in my 30's in a few more months.

go dense or go home

Thanks man, that is good to hear. I have to say, I am pretty jealous of your hair vs age. If I am close to your situation at your age, I will do the Ickey Woods Shuffle on stages at my son's college graduation. Based on your photos, it looks like you just needed a little tweek and you were better off than I was in my early 30's. BTW, I can't remember how many grafts you had done.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

thanks again Spanker, events with my kids are funner now for sure so know what you mean.

I had around 1,500 grafts with about 2,780 new hairs in total (singles, doubles, triples)

go dense or go home

two weeks post-op wet vs. 3 months and two weeks post-op wet after shower with no shampoo

2weeksa.png.369973053b2cf220e615de3f018acbb6.png

nov23_b.png.6084c08f5a7db3a37481f9cc9dcc614f.png

go dense or go home

• 1 month later...

Five months and a few weeks

restarted fin 1month ago. also lost some hair due to dandruff but should grow back. usually had oily dandruff but guess after the procedure this has changed to hard dandruff and some remaining scalp pealing. have been trying to moisturize it to keep it in control

wet.png.3af7f90cf820ac86ae6c781450108a2c.png

dry.png.99f13a3c9db42dc3c996ab5e64c6af62.png

go dense or go home

usually had oily dandruff but guess after the procedure this has changed to hard dandruff and some remaining scalp pealing. have been trying to moisturize it to keep it in control

What are you using? Did the doctor recommend it?

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

if i had results like that the pics would definitely be larger than 2 cm2! lol! your avatar pic rules!

and only 5 months!

been really researching dr. k's work cannot find better

read your pre-op posts questioning the amount of grafts in your procedure

well you made the right decision

congratulations

"Looks very very solid. Nice."

Thanks Spanker, your posts and results were the driving factor in me choosing Dr. K.

He is an amazing surgeon, the most under-rated for sure.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What are you using? Did the doctor recommend it?"

Since21, I am currently using this shampoo here by Kerium few times a week and also no shampoo on other days to avoid scalp buildup. I tried apple cider vinegar as well, works but makes your head stink like sh*t so can only use it on the weekends. Really been plagued by dry scalp so have been using anything can find to moisturizer it, got some cream from my dermatologist.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/172834-kerium-ds-shampoo.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"WOW nice hair mate i hope to see similar results with around 1400 grafts ( 3300+ hairs)"

Thanks manish1990, your work looks very clean and you went with a good surgeon. You should be rocking in a few months

"Nice 'DiCaprio' style haircut going on there."

Thanks 1978matt, can only wear it like that when its 100% dry but damn it's easy to style, hope it gets just a little thicker so I can wear it like when wet (looking to save time in the morning).

"if i had results like that the pics would definitely be larger than 2 cm2! lol! your avatar pic rules!

and only 5 months!

been really researching dr. k's work cannot find better

read your pre-op posts questioning the amount of grafts in your procedure

well you made the right decision

congratulations"

Rev333, thanks man been lazy with detailed photos just taking with webcam when can. Will post detailed ones later. I think I went just a little tad too low on grafts, I had most implanted on my weakest side but should've done another 100-200 where my hair was thickest too as I lost some from shock loss, dandruff or from stopping Fin not sure which one was biggest reason.

Dr. K's work is kicking the sh*t out of my existing hair, everywhere he planted grafts is growng like weeds.

go dense or go home

• 1 month later...

7 months post-up, wet hair no shampoo

getting to where I want to be, almost able to wear it wet and just leave it after the shower

(one of my goals)

had to drop Fin recently due to some sides, will see how it affects my non-transplanted hair

biggest problem has been unrelated to the procedure, dry skin and peeling scalp/forehead some days.

have been using Aqua Glycolic shampoo as recommended by Dr. Cooley here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/173238-liposomol-atp-5.html

to say Dr. Konior is an amazing surgeon who really cares about his patients would be an understatement!

simply an amazing guy (recently had another small procedure and temple work by him :D )

smp_march12.png.e6c9abb226c9a343f75b76f89fdf5e02.png

go dense or go home

pre-op hairline, 2 weeks post-up with graft placement and growth, seven months post-up

pre-post-7months.png.e8ae562c1fe3546edcec9d2c463b61ac.png

go dense or go home

"Nice 'DiCaprio' style haircut going on there."

Thanks 1978matt, can only wear it like that when its 100% dry but damn it's easy to style, hope it gets just a little thicker so I can wear it like when wet (looking to save time in the morning)....your avatar pic rules!

Gorgeous hair- that avatar of yours looks like a young Alec Baldwin.... that is simply awesome! Congrats!

Ya that whole dry vs. wet thing is interesting.. I prefer to style my hair dry because it looks much thicker--- if you can get to the point of styling it like that wet-- damn! :)

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.