Got a pretty sweet compliment today...if he only knew

Spanker

I was having a professional photo taken today for my linkedin account. I usually just kind of roll with my hair by combing it and then I throw on a hat til I get to work and then not mess with it all day. Yesterday I went and got a hair cut and today I put product in it for the picture and was wearing a suit. The photographer was a NW3A to NW4A in is mid-50's I would guess. As he was staring through the camera, he said, "Oh man, what I would not give to have a head of hair like that."

That gave me a big ole smile and he snapped the photo.

I said him "thanks" and that was it, but I thought it was pretty funny.

I thought I would share. It made me feel pretty good and I thought it was pretty amusing.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Spanker,

You have exceptional hair for a man of any age. It is a credit to the Dr's work.

Make that 3 compliments :D

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Since he said, "What I would not give", that usually means he'd do anything. You should have said, "I know a doctor who can fix that for around xx$ (based on your graft estimate). And then you should have gone over a game plan with him after telling him to get on finasteride and minoxidil.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

Nice Spanker! Something completely random and unprovoked like that must be amazing reinforcement. You probably felt your HT had an amazing outcome, but now you know damn well complete strangers feel the same way. :D

I just got my first pro haircut since the transplant, and I warned the guy that I'm receding and a little thin in the front so just do what you think is best and make it look good. When he got to the front he commented:

"Eh, you're not really receding. I'll take care of you my man."

That's my best story so far lol. Just wanted to share that tidbit since you were one of the posters who helped sort things out in my hairline design thread. After this cut I saw I can definitely live with it, and probably won't bother with a touch up depending on how it looks in 6 more months. Thanks again!

Thanks fellas. This was the photo shoot in question.

GWP_0232.jpg.4e8a1148a8190d1a5bf8f960c1bb2ce2.jpg

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thanks fellas. This was the photo shoot in question.

You are officially not allowed on this site any longer :)

Sweet tie by the way....

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

You are officially not allowed on this site any longer :)

Sweet tie by the way....

Thanks. I went to a local men's store and told him to just hook it up and I did not want to give any input more than what I needed the suit and tie for. This is what they came up with. I think they did well.

View Spanker's Website

Couple of cute Japanese babes in a cafe today when I was waiting to use the John. They were checking out a Japnese magazine article, and I said, "wow, you guys are good at Japanese" (laughs and giggles) I said, "What are you reading?" They chirped back that it was an article for girls in their 20s. I said, " no shit, really, wow, I'm in my 70s, and they said in unison, and without the faintest hint of sarcasm, "really, you look really good. We thought you were in your fifties" ( I usually pass for late 30s if I grow out the hair for a few months) Came back to my date and told her about the funny (to me) story. For her, it was no laughing matter. She told me I look way older when I buzz. I said I feel younger. She said, meh, that's all BS, a buzz now is a call sign for old bald man!! Wow....

I always bitch about strip, cause you can't buzz!!

Couple of cute Japanese babes in a cafe today when I was waiting to use the John. They were checking out a Japnese magazine article, and I said, "wow, you guys are good at Japanese" (laughs and giggles) I said, "What are you reading?" They chirped back that it was an article for girls in their 20s. I said, " no shit, really, wow, I'm in my 70s, and they said in unison, and without the faintest hint of sarcasm, "really, you look really good. We thought you were in your fifties" ( I usually pass for late 30s if I grow out the hair for a few months) Came back to my date and told her about the funny (to me) story. For her, it was no laughing matter. She told me I look way older when I buzz. I said I feel younger. She said, meh, that's all BS, a buzz now is a call sign for old bald man!! Wow....

I like the shaved look because it looks neat and disciplined, not because it fools anyone.

Lots of guys look good shaved down, just not necessarily younger.

View Spanker's Website

You picked one of the greatest surgeons in the world. Dr Konior, who is a teaching professor at Loyola Hospital- One of the top hospitals in the Country, really is a good guy and not many surgeons have the stamina and skill to do what he does. If Dr Konior leaves the room during the procedure, everything is put on pause, as he is the one who puts most of the grafts in himself. He really never leaves the patients side during the procedure, and combine that with his gifted skills as a surgeon and one who teaches medical students at Loyola the latest techniques in donor closure, I feel like he is a caring man who really has empathy for his patients, listens to his patients, and has the skill to produce some of the best results in hair transplantation today. Just look at Spankers hair....And check out some of Dr K's video on Youtube. One of his videos is simply amazing, life changing. It is a repair job, and the guy is pretty much slick bald, but Dr K gave him a full head of long hair. Not many docs can do that kind of work, and his scars are some of the best I've seen. A real perfectionist.

And I agree with Spanker....The shaved head look does look very neat and disciplined. Look at all the athletes today wearing it. It can work, and really brings out the features in your face.

I shaved my head for a few years and liked it, but now I want to rock the hockey mullet like patrick Kane, who by the way is balding pretty bad for such a young guy. Maybe Kane- A chicago Blackhawk- can go to Dr Konior considering he is in the same area.

• 1 month later...

Japanese women are so sweet in public

• 2 months later...