3594 Strip - Dr.Bisanga

Hello, I had my procedure with Bisanga the 14th of June. I'm in my mid twenties, so he made a pretty conservative hairline on me, which I agreed on. I've always had a high hairline anyways. The staff were really nice and overall my experience was as good as it could get!

Been using proscar for over 2 years now, and I have been on and off minoxodil.

Grafts breakdown:

1 Hair 720, 2 Hair 1375, 3 Hair 1125, 4 Hair 374.

I have one question; I have been massaging my scalp now to remove the scabs, and I've seen several hairs follow. Should I be worried?

Pictures will be uploaded later :)

PreFront.jpg.4699c4ea51fa632c435a85ef50cf0db2.jpg

PreSide.jpg.777932fca35c41a033670dc42299d83a.jpg

PreTop.jpg.c93d30b8e57e7fc4b6bb5f288a3bcf9a.jpg

PreDonor.jpg.0251a354669e372906344a220ef39039.jpg

PreCrown.jpg.6d5c50f5d611b9336d201a5a09131a86.jpg

Hairline.jpg.c004c5e045d4673be97569684fdeba13.jpg

Hairlinetop.jpg.c8baf1f254ae19ba5c3baeac813c72fc.jpg

PostFront.jpg.bb56fe9b36cf22d675d13b74dbf7d905.jpg

PostRight.jpg.c1ccca3538575c921f223978807dfaa9.jpg

Postleft.jpg.94daea31a4bc798a3b4065f76ab3ed6f.jpg

PostTop.jpg.85163c3b7a8636baf89faaaf1046f718.jpg

PostScar.jpg.5bf58e84cf621862643d52bb6c4d70ff.jpg

Edited by MondayHead

MondayHead,

Welcome and congratulations on your recent hair transplant with Dr. Bisanga!

There is nothing to worry about. It's perfectly normal for hair follicles to come out with the scabs. You're not losing grafts and those hairs will being to regrow in three to four months.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

You had a good amount of 3 and 4 hair multi-hair grafts. That should help with density.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

MondayHead-

Welcome to the forums buddy, and congrats on your recent hair restoration. 8341 total hairs from a 3595 graft transplant is going to give you some AWESOME results. Factor in the fact that you went to Dr. Bisanga for your procedure....I am a big fan of the work that I've seen him produce on a lot of the members here in our community....I believe you were in great hands!

Looking forward to seeing your pre-op photos to highlight the state of your loss prior to your procedure....and any other photos you have to update your progress up to almost two weeks post-op! Any particular reason you went with strip over FUE? Just curious.....I did the same thing!

Heal and grow well. The next 3 months should start to produce some pretty exciting results for you!! If you have any other questions along the way, don't hesitate to reach out to the members of these forums. Everyone here is super nice, and the community is an excellent resource for information and help along your journey.

Best,

Mike

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Hi Mondayhead

Thank you for sharing your experience.

As said, hairs will fall and mostly happens after a week as you wash more, then week 2 to 3 and by week 4 usually all gone.

The post operative documents will also help with these details so please ensure to contact also your advisor who will be happy to go over them and the whole post operative process with you.

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

MondayHead,

Welcome and congratulations on your recent hair transplant with Dr. Bisanga!

There is nothing to worry about. It's perfectly normal for hair follicles to come out with the scabs. You're not losing grafts and those hairs will being to regrow in three to four months.

Best of luck!

Thanks, I was a bit worried.

You had a good amount of 3 and 4 hair multi-hair grafts. That should help with density.

I certanly hope it will help!

MondayHead-

Welcome to the forums buddy, and congrats on your recent hair restoration. 8341 total hairs from a 3595 graft transplant is going to give you some AWESOME results. Factor in the fact that you went to Dr. Bisanga for your procedure....I am a big fan of the work that I've seen him produce on a lot of the members here in our community....I believe you were in great hands!

Looking forward to seeing your pre-op photos to highlight the state of your loss prior to your procedure....and any other photos you have to update your progress up to almost two weeks post-op! Any particular reason you went with strip over FUE? Just curious.....I did the same thing!

Heal and grow well. The next 3 months should start to produce some pretty exciting results for you!! If you have any other questions along the way, don't hesitate to reach out to the members of these forums. Everyone here is super nice, and the community is an excellent resource for information and help along your journey.

Best,

Mike

Thank you. I figured since I was going for a hair transplant, why not go with one of the best surgeons out there? I went for strip mainly because of the price, but also because I could get more grafts from my donor area.

Hi Mondayhead

Thank you for sharing your experience.

As said, hairs will fall and mostly happens after a week as you wash more, then week 2 to 3 and by week 4 usually all gone.

The post operative documents will also help with these details so please ensure to contact also your advisor who will be happy to go over them and the whole post operative process with you.

Hi, I followed the post-doc process thoroughly, the only worry I had was that I had to sleep on my sides.

hi money, i too would like to know why you opted for strip as opposed to FUE

Money and more grafts.

MondayHead-

Thanks for updating your post with photos. The work looks VERY clean, looks as if you're going to have a great scar, and I think the coverage will make you one very happy man!!! Now as Irish said, you just have the difficult part of waiting!!!

Very logical choice in choosing strip over FUE as well.......I think for a procedure as big as yours (and mine), not only can we save some serious money.....but you can definitely maximize the amount of grafts in one session......

I can't wait to see your hair start growing, it's going to look really nice!

All the best for you!

Mike

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

They are some nice groupings you got there MondayHead! With almost 8,500 hairs I'm expecting you to look very different this time next year!

Nice to see another Bisanga patient on here, I'm going there for FUE in August so I'll be interested in monitoring your progress!

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

Im sure you'll get a great result but I wonder why he left that little patch in the middle untouched. Looking at your pre-op pics it seems that might be lost in the future to MPB. Hope not and either way I'm sure this will be a nice improvement.

Hi MAGNUMpi

Good logical question.

Many patients will keep a tuft at the front, the options are 1, go over it and place in and amongst it as you say to foresee it falling and give longevity to the surgery in that no touch up needed. This is the option if the hair is miniaturising and obvious to fall and if not on medication also.

Option 2 is to place around it and not amongst as such and more the option if the doctor feels the quality is good there and we have cases such as this and for years still not issue with it falling and especially so if the patient is on medication. We have posted cases of such here also but I discuss also with patients I book personally both the options when this is relevant and then the doctor will also see on the day, and we discuss the merits in both approaches. If in doubt then fill it is the basic rule as long as the patient knows that more graft numbers will be needed but as said if the hair is good quality and on medication then there is an option to leave it as such.

If worst case scenario the patient does lose there then we will take care of it on when needed but these are in the minor cases from what I can see.

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

• 2 weeks later...

1 month update. Stitches gone, was a bit painfull but it only lasted a minute or two. I am a bit worried about the scar width on my sides, hopefully it's just shockloss. Lost most of the hairs and my scalp red, got to wear a cap. Can't wait until I can go out without being worried about my hair anymore!

1MonthFront.jpg.a188db26d4e111151d5d7f52671762a4.jpg

1MonthTop.jpg.55273519aa0617e57bd5250e963470ab.jpg

1MonthScarLeft.jpg.f72b43db8ce56e0545f1097d0400ccb8.jpg

1MonthScarRight.jpg.c91bc1500a968f80c66833986a77c6ac.jpg

1MonthBack.jpg.d2494bbf78247196599641686cf39d85.jpg

You are in a really rough stage, it will get better. I hope that you are only dealing with shock loss too. Keep us posted!

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Hi Mondayhead

For one month is pretty much as expected, your hair looks medium fine and shock loss is also very normal from the Strip and takes time to come back in again. Please keep in touch with your advisor who can go over with you post op stages and answer questions for you and give specific advise for you. Keep washing and get rid of the scabs gently. Some will apply bio oil or simple vaseline also to aid healing and apply from side to side.

Edited by sl

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

• 2 months later...

Hello guys. Heres an update for 3 months / week 15 post op.

There's been a bit of growth at the front, but it's more noticeable in real life. The thing that worries me is that the skin is still red (gotta use make-up to cover the redness) and the scar hasnt healed that well.

It doesn't hurt or anything, but at the left side of my head theres some crust that keeps coming back. I am a bit worried about that.

I have been using rogaine heavily on both areas, and some emu oil to help the healing.

ScarLeft.jpg.9c35e77485cc7d912e94d6a76fe82700.jpg

ScarBack.jpg.714fb464c6fb33ab6fe95da5ba813dc2.jpg

ScarRight.jpg.1883ed251200da9c065d0889a8c5d2aa.jpg

Front3.jpg.56706c2c17f4a5c673b4282adcba80be.jpg

Front2.jpg.d5eeb3ccde32bb7d3e45d5896751c6c2.jpg

Front1.jpg.f7084e4e0de09dfd6fb90d25acd07757.jpg

Back.jpg.361e34eec6abc8f4dbca3ddb29639fd3.jpg

BackRight.jpg.cb6a4a2e715e002e996092a075ac0541.jpg

I had redness for almost 6 months, and then it was pinkish for a few more. It takes some time to fully heal. The crustiness could be from the Rogaine.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Hi Monday head.

You have light skin and light hair and more prone to redness generally. The scar please make sure no suture or anything left that is causing any issues, may not be the case but has been known when some is left it to cause discomfort and scabbing.

Please ensure to keep in touch with your specific advisor as he will be able to give help and guidance on what to expect at different stages and of course pass to the doctor any concerns but at 3 months redness and especially with your skin tone is to be expected.

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Hi Mondayhead

Like you, I had a huge FUT procedure at BHR, and my thread is here:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/170118-dr-bisanga-4800-fut-6-month-update.html

I will be posting a one year update next week.

I see in you some of the things I saw in myself.

- The downy hair under the scar. I had this also, it's like 'different' hair. In my case it went away over a 4 to 5 month period. I have suffered no long term effects, and I do not believe that I have had the direction or pattern of the hair disturbed.

- My scar isn't perfect, but you cannot see it under even quite short hair. In my case the redness stayed for a long time, both in the scar area and the transplant area.

I opted for FUT because I felt FUT/FUE combo was my only realistic choice - I was to all intents and purposes bald. I go in for a FUE on the crown October 2013.

If you are feeling anxious and want to compare photos let me know. I did not look good at 3 months.

My friend at work who knows, and my hairdresser, both describe the transplant I have had as 'an amazing transformation'. I saw a picture of myself for the first time, 3 months before the operation, practically bald, and it was shocking. I'd rather be where I am now. Hang in there, be patient, look after yourself.

Modenese

4800+ grafts, Dr Bisanga, Brussels, Oct 2012

My Photos

Hi Mondayhead

Like you, I had a huge FUT procedure at BHR, and my thread is here:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/170118-dr-bisanga-4800-fut-6-month-update.html

I will be posting a one year update next week.

I see in you some of the things I saw in myself.

- The downy hair under the scar. I had this also, it's like 'different' hair. In my case it went away over a 4 to 5 month period. I have suffered no long term effects, and I do not believe that I have had the direction or pattern of the hair disturbed.

- My scar isn't perfect, but you cannot see it under even quite short hair. In my case the redness stayed for a long time, both in the scar area and the transplant area.

I opted for FUT because I felt FUT/FUE combo was my only realistic choice - I was to all intents and purposes bald. I go in for a FUE on the crown October 2013.

If you are feeling anxious and want to compare photos let me know. I did not look good at 3 months.

My friend at work who knows, and my hairdresser, both describe the transplant I have had as 'an amazing transformation'. I saw a picture of myself for the first time, 3 months before the operation, practically bald, and it was shocking. I'd rather be where I am now. Hang in there, be patient, look after yourself.

Modenese

I like your results, you must be really happy :) thanks for your words, they make me relived.

I do have contact with my advisor, its good to know that he's there if I have a question.