Which surgeons are regarded as the best in the USA?

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I think it depends on what you are looking for. Number of grafts, level of loss, etc.

Dr. Konior and Drs. Ron and Pail Shapiro immediately come to mind. I disagree with the above posts. All recommended docs aren't created equal. H and W and Rahal are in Canada and are among the best as well.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I'm considering ht and wish to know who are the best in the business....

I wouldn't exclude Canada where some of the very best in the world are, but in the US I would look at Dr. Feller in NY, Dr. Shapiro in MN, Dr. Arocha in Houston...Dr. Glenn Charles in Florida...Dr. William Lindsey in VA.....Dr. Carlos Wesley in NY....lots of folks speak highly of True & Dorin in NY. True & Dorin have some really good videos on their website that kind of take you through the entire process.

Also you should go watch some interviews at the link shown below

with some of the top surgeons and see if one catches your eye.

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/physician-interviews.asp

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Dr. Konior from Chicago (Best in Strip)

Dr. Umar from California (Best in FUE)

Dr. Feller from New York (Good in bothFUE and FUT but most expensive)!

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

By spending time researching on the forum, you will see the same names come up time and time again. Whilst all docs on the network are ethical and competent, there are a few exceptional ones who stand head and shoulders above the rest.

Just take yr time and I'm sure you will find the right one for you.

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

Spanker,

While not all surgeons are doing exactly the same work and some may be more highly skilled than others, the surgeons recommended by this community have all been prescreened and are all doing excellent hair transplant work. I don't think either poster was trying to dismiss the importance of researching all physicians they're considering, but your post seems to discredit our hard work in recommending surgeons who regularly produce excellent results.

Bill

It must be noted that not all surgeons feel the need for an online presence and do not feel they need to present work regularly.

For me personally I did prefer it for reassurance purposes when I was looking for a surgeon.

However for example Dr Bernstein is top notch surgeon who I rate but he does not have as prominent online presence as some of the other well-known surgeons. This could be possibly be down to a more conservative approach which is often not favoured at all by younger patients.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Bill, I do agree with Spanker to some extent. While you guys do make your selections with due diligence, there are certain surgeons who to me, excel at certain factors. Surgeon X is better than surgeon Y at Factor Z. I can't speak for Spanker of course but in my opinion, there are certain surgeons who I think perform better work in general than others.

Mickey,

I'm not denying that some surgeons excel more than others in certain areas. That's all part of researching surgeons and selecting a surgeon that's best for a certain individual.

Knowing Spanker, I'm sure he didn't mean it how it came out, but saying he "disagrees" with the posts above made it sound like he is discrediting the fact that only the best surgeons can be approved for recommendation by this community.

Ironically, he mentioned Dr. Rahal as amongst the best, who ONLY can't be recommended here anymore due to laws in Ontario restricting him from participating on our and other similar communities that compares surgeons based on skill.

Best wishes,

Bill

Chrisdav,

You've brought up an excellent point. This community doesn't run a popularity contest - it recommends quality surgeons based on a proven ability to produce excellent results. Dr. Bernstein, while not as active in participation on this community does excellent top notch work, which is why he is a highly esteemed member of the Coalition.

Ultimately, those who choose to participate more regularly on this community will garner a bigger name and reputation for themselves however, it doesn't change the reality that there are still excellent surgeons recommended by our community who may choose to be a little less involved.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Bill

I think Dr. Konior of Chicago does the best strip work. I've seen some good results from all the recommended doctors, but Dr. Konior seems to spend more personal attention with his patients, and I believe this, coupled with his surgical skill, makes him stand out.

As far as FUE is concerned, is there another doctor anywhere in the world who can do what Dr. Umar can do? I don't believe there is. He is in a class of his own. Those are my picks for best in the U.S., and perhaps even the world.

Spanker,

While not all surgeons are doing exactly the same work and some may be more highly skilled than others, the surgeons recommended by this community have all been prescreened and are all doing excellent hair transplant work. I don't think either poster was trying to dismiss the importance of researching all physicians they're considering, but your post seems to discredit our hard work in recommending surgeons who regularly produce excellent results.

Bill

Bill,

The OP asked who was regarded as the best in the U.S. A blanket link to the recommended doctors here was not a helpful answer IMO when the the OP asked for the best in the U.S. I felt that the OP could get the impression that one is as good as another and that is not the case. I don't think we disagree on that. I also noted that who is actually the best depends on his needs. The site here recommends all the doctors that are attached to the link given, but as a poster, I take a scalpel (no pun intended) to a pool of good doctors and recommend those that I felt were the best to the OP. No disrespect intended. I was just trying to help a hair loss sufferer.

I think someone made a good point also that even that list doesn't cover all of the doctors that do great work.

When it comes down to it, after the amount of research that should go into a decision regarding a HT, I feel that the majority of educated HT researchers would only allow a very select few perform surgery on them. Much much smaller than the recommended list, However, that list will vary from researcher to researcher, thus allowing for a larger bank of recommendations as you have here on the HTN. The list I gave was my opinion only and is not meant to discredit the other recommended doctors.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.