Why Doctors Hasson and Wong do not do FUE?

shiny8899

24,000 euro

So ballpark.....

6000 FUT grafts at Hasson/Wong = $19,000 Dollars

6000 FUE grafts at Lorenzo = $31,588 Dollars

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

So ballpark.....

6000 FUT grafts at Hasson/Wong = $19,000 Dollars

6000 FUE grafts at Lorenzo = $31,588 Dollars

Yes. I never mentioned anything about cost in this thread however.

FUE in the right hands can provide FUT-esque yield. That myth has been expelled. I shave down regulary to 1mm (can go unguarded too) with no visible signs of any surgery after 3000 FUE. Its exactly the reason i went it as i like the option of keeping short.

I dont know what was said between Dr and patient and if that quote is out of context. However if its not out of context the Dr is wrong and misleading in my opinion.

When did you have your surgery? Who did your surgery? For some reason I thought you started to have it but it fell through.

That is excellent you can go no guard and still not tell, but that is like telling people you can shave to 1 or 2mm with FUT. That may be possible, but it is not the norm.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I never mentioned anything about cost in this thread however.

Oh I know you didn't, but in my mind cost is a huge factor for so many patients and should be at least mentioned when discussing the over-all pros/cons of the two types of procedures. A guy on a tight budget could get a second procedure to create more density with the money saved by choosing FUT over FUE.

Oh I know you didn't, but in my mind cost is a huge factor for so many patients and should be at least mentioned when discussing the over-all pros/cons of the two types of procedures. A guy on a tight budget could get a second procedure to create more density with the money saved by choosing FUT over FUE.

I do mention cost as a disadvantage in my pros/cons thread :) i listed 17 pros and 9 cons. It solidified that FUE is the superior method to me. Cost is also not a inherent to fue as it is dictated by demand and the surgeon's decision but i still listed it.

When did you have your surgery? Who did your surgery? For some reason I thought you started to have it but it fell through.

That is excellent you can go no guard and still not tell, but that is like telling people you can shave to 1 or 2mm with FUT. That may be possible, but it is not the norm.

I personally think fue on a zero guard would be less noticeable than fut on a guard 2 in most cases.

I personally think fue on a zero guard would be less noticeable than fut on a guard 2 in most cases.

I really couldn't answer that. I guess it depends on the patient and who was doing the cutting.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Cheers. Few months back. Yeah had some issues with another clinic. But in the end i took another chance and went with Dr Bisanga.

Your probably right that its not the norm alright across the board. But i have to say a hall mark of Dr B does seem to be a superior looking donor area shaved down. I've viewed a lot of his FUE patients and you cant see evidence of surgery on the donor to the untrained eye whilst buzzed down tight.

I do mention cost as a disadvantage in my pros/cons thread :)

I gotcha, but many guys browse these forums and may not see the other thread so I think it's important to mention. Of course they will find out sooner or later once they get more serious and compare costs.

1).....show me 10 5,000 graft cases in one to two days from an FUE surgeon and I will buy you a happy meal.

2)Each ELITE TOP doctor has their own niche..

1) oh dear... so it's all back to our caves.

2) And so good docs stick to what they do best?? Is that what happens?

In all seriousness, we have to consider track record, but we shouldn't be held to it, or else, we would be doing the 1970s style.

In my mind, my best growth came out of the plug grafts I got via strip in the late 80s. And possibly some of ten minis I got in the early 90s. I think, incredibly as it seems, they even grow faster, though it could be something to do woth their original position on my scalp, the recipient sites rather than the technique used.

And in going with that, it seems plausible that if anything, follicular dissection, let alone follicular extraction, had a detrimental effect on yield, notwithstanding the compression or ' or donut effect' suffered by some grafts as these giant plugs (about 3-4mm diameter) were rammed (crushed) into their recipient sites. And for the ridiculous angles at which they were created, ( by one of the very best recommended docs at the time, I might add) there are no words.

Guys, you want dramatic transformations in the mirror? Then a big strip from H&W will give it to you, unless you are one of the unlucky, but we won't go there because strip is a "no u-turn" route. But I honestly think meds have helped strip in thi a respect. perhaps fin is not as bad as its critics said it was?? I don't know.

Another transformation can happen to you down the track, if your meds start to fail ( you hormone make-up might change? ) or if you start having too many bad-hair days. Then comes the question, should I buzz it off? The scar explanation business is not what H and W can help you with. After all, why buzz it off if you have bothered to get an HT. Sound familiar?

So why don't Hasson and Wong do FUE?

I think I've heard all the explanations over the years and the best I can summise is that 'they don't need to' . I have absolutely no doubt that if they were beginning their careers in the HT world today, they would do FUE. And that is my opinion.

Edited by scar5
The bit about fin...it really helps strip, as long as it keeps giving

1) oh dear... so it's all back to our caves.

2) And so good docs stick to what they do best?? Is that what happens?

In all seriousness, we have to consider track record, but we shouldn't be held to it, or else, we would be doing the 1970s style.

In my mind, my best growth came out of the plug grafts I got via strip in the late 80s. And possibly some of ten minis I got in the early 90s. I think, incredibly as it seems, they even grow faster, though it could be something to do woth their original position on my scalp, the recipient sites rather than the technique used.

And in going with that, it seems plausible that if anything, follicular dissection, let alone follicular extraction, had a detrimental effect on yield, notwithstanding the compression or ' or donut effect' suffered by some grafts as these giant plugs (about 3-4mm diameter) were rammed (crushed) into their recipient sites. And for the ridiculous angles at which they were created, ( by one of the very best recommended docs at the time, I might add) there are no words.

Guys, you want dramatic transformations in the mirror? Then a big strip from H&W will give it to you, unless you are one of the unlucky, but we won't go there because strip is a "no u-turn" route. But I honestly think meds have helped strip in thi a respect. perhaps fin is not as bad as its critics said it was?? I don't know.

Another transformation can happen to you down the track, if your meds start to fail ( you hormone make-up might change? ) or if you start having too many bad-hair days. Then comes the question, should I buzz it off? The scar explanation business is not what H and W can help you with. After all, why buzz it off if you have bothered to get an HT. Sound familiar?

So why don't Hasson and Wong do FUE?

I think I've heard all the explanations over the years and the best I can summise is that 'they don't need to' . I have absolutely no doubt that if they were beginning their careers in the HT world today, they would do FUE. And that is my opinion.

1) I am not sure what that means. There is a lot of good FUR work, but not a lot of good BIG work.

2) Yes, they are sticking to what the know and do best and what they are staffed for as well. Some FUT docs are staffed to do 8,000 graft cases, some are not.

You are correct. FUT is a no U-turn route to take. Depending on the patients physiology and the graft placement, FUE can be as well, and what I mean by that is sometimes patients look like transplant patients after shaving down as well, it just depends on the doctor and the pt.

I have to admit that with the quality of FUE's rising that they are quite appealing. This is fairly recent as well. If I thought I would get the result I got with FUE, I would have went that route. For me, it just seemed too risky at the time, however, each day I see better and better results.

Also, as Mickey pointed out, you will never be able to get all of your grafts without using the strip method. This is another reason I chose strip first, because I planned on using all of them before I give up the fight, unless something super drastic happens and I go from a NW2.5 to a NW6 (I'm 34). If that happened I would shoot for FUE all over and into my scar and shave down. The point is that each person has different characteristics that make them a better candidate for each type of surgery. I was actually an FUE candidate, but since my head is so jacked up, shaving was a final and drastic option and my scar, as it is, is not a concern, because if it came to that I would excise the excess skin folds on my head and I would just be a scarred up freak any way, that looked like Wolverine had beat me down, so an extra scar in the back wasn't that big of a deal. Luckily, it is doubtful that I will progress that far. Fingers crossed.

I am not real sure why fin helps strip any more than FUE?

I also think that if you have live with a shaved head, that you shouldn't get an HT. I think everyone should sport a shaved head for 30 days BEFORE they decide to have an HT. The may learn to like it in that amount of time. Even I did that as jacked as my head is. HT is such a commitment, I think that if one can be happy without it, move on and put hair behind you.

View Spanker's Website

I also think that if you have live with a shaved head, that you shouldn't get an HT. I think everyone should sport a shaved head for 30 days BEFORE they decide to have an HT. The may learn to like it in that amount of time. Even I did that as jacked as my head is. HT is such a commitment, I think that if one can be happy without it, move on and put hair behind you.

I think most people that lose hair do shave their heads at some point. But you point is well taken. A shaved head for some people with the right features actually makes them look better.

I still dont understand why people think FUE is only suitable for small sessions and is not capable of achieving a dramatic improvement for larger cases?

We only have to look to Europe and Asia to see this is not the case, Docs like Lorenzo, Reys, Koray, Hakan, Bhatti and even Pro-hair and more have been producing great FUE results ranging from 3,4 to 5000 grafts and see FUE as a stand alone procedure.

Honestly in my opinion US are behind Europe in regards to FUE , times are changing,yes FUT has its place but FUE is becoming and will become the superior choice. Please dont ask me to show you results from these Docs to prove the large cases that they are producing, a simple search and you shall find:)

In regards to the thread Hasson and Wong are up there with the best in regards to large FUT procedures and have been for the last decade but times are evolving and maybe in the future Hasson and Wong may have to look at FUE.

I still dont understand why people think FUE is only suitable for small sessions and is not capable of achieving a dramatic improvement for larger cases?

We only have to look to Europe and Asia to see this is not the case, Docs like Lorenzo, Reys, Koray, Hakan, Bhatti and even Pro-hair and more have been producing great FUE results ranging from 3,4 to 5000 grafts and see FUE as a stand alone procedure.

Honestly in my opinion US are behind Europe in regards to FUE , times are changing,yes FUT has its place but FUE is becoming and will become the superior choice. Please dont ask me to show you results from these Docs to prove the large cases that they are producing, a simple search and you shall find:)

In regards to the thread Hasson and Wong are up there with the best in regards to large FUT procedures and have been for the last decade but times are evolving and maybe in the future Hasson and Wong may have to look at FUE.

For me its not a matter of large single megasessions not being possible via FUE, as it is being shown recently that 5000 graft prodcedures are possible. The difference lies in the total maximization of the donor, over multiple procedures you will always be able to get more grafts via strip, period. In addition after maximizing the donor via strip it is often then possible to use FUE if more grafts are desired.

I have been shaving my head for years and look just fine with it...however, hair is what I want...even if people think I look better with a shaved head, I prefer to have the option. I have a feeling that most people would agree. And I also think men obsess about the scar from FUT. As long as your doctor did a decent job, it will be slightly noticeable and attractive to some girls. Girls like a tough looking dude...make up a story...problem solved..case closed!! haha