well,, its done (dr feller)

Taco-

Congrats on hitting 3 months. Appears to be going well, buddy! Growth will kick into high gear in no time now! How are you feeling? You think your hair is long in those photos? Wow, I wouldn't consider that long at all. I've practically got a 'Fro these days......

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Taco!! Isn't it exciting to watch those months fly by? Granted, I hate my birthday and getting older, but this year, I'm willing to make an exception. I get so excited as I can say, "WoW, two months in, only 4 more to go until I have semi-matured results!" Hang in there buddy, we're all in this together!

Wait a second, did I just quote High School Musical??

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

5mm is bigger than optimal. Are you measuring the portion that is red or the actual scar tissue?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

well im measuring the scar tissue witch im pretty sure is the only part thats red, but i had my sister measure it so idk ill have her do it again, the side are 5 mm i think the back of my head might be less, as you can see in the pics the back looks much better

• 4 weeks later...

well its been 4 months and i havent noticed anything really since last month, witch i was expecting a jump in density between month 3 and 4, but i guess i will have to wait, the scar is healing pretty good and the shock loss is coming back around the scar, tewll me what you guys think, im a little worried there isnt much going on

5b32da3dda1f3_Photoon2013-08-27at00_48.jpg.05990f4d45b9250c4b83fa3c1cc1e72e.jpg

5b32da3e85d2e_Photoon2013-08-27at00_482.jpg.b2b6772e103ce68b89d2ba55efa11641.jpg

5b32da3e9817d_Photoon2013-08-27at00_483.jpg.e6309663a92673ac13aec903dc9f0c9a.jpg

5b32da3eb01ab_Photoon2013-08-27at00_484.jpg.84c38c2bfc689bffea41ca02d1d966b9.jpg

I had to take a look at your pre-op pics to refresh my memory of your starting point. After looking at those and now your 4 month, you certainly have the makings of a hairline! It's not rampant growth, but there's a definitive line forming, one that didn't exist 4 months ago. Scar healing looks ok too. Still a little red, but you also have it cut pretty short. All things considered it doesn't look too bad.

I'd hang in there. You might be in for a longer haul/hair cycle due to your hair characteristics. Still I could totally see your recipient area matching your general density soon enough!

Yeah, there is definately some growth buddy, but you're getting ahead of yourself. Let the follicles do their work. Breathe in, Breathe outh.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

4 months is still very early. I would not despair quite so soon. If you have little growth by month 6, then you have reason to worry. You should see growth very soon.

Thank you for the input everybody , I no there deff is a little growth because my right temple was completely bald and now it's not, even tho ur not suppsto compair yourself to others I can't help but look at other forum members pics at for months and say, well dam he had more than me at month 4 , normal I suppose right? Ill have to post another pre op pic with my hair brushed foward like my post op pics

Waiting for a HT to grow in is very much like watching the grass grow, just have to leave it and do other things for a while and then come back later to see how overgrown it is.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Unfortunately grass grows much faster than hair! :)

Taco.....for 4 months you are doing well, the fact that you are happy with the scar so early is a huge success in itself! Regarding your recipient, I think 7 months is when a HT patient will have a good idea on where they stand. There are so many slow growers out there that so much still happens, even after the 6 month mark.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

With each HT I've had I usually get to the 9 month mark and feel let down. Then, boom, another growth spurt. As Spex stated, you are just at the beginning of the growth stage. Just keep growing your hair out and when you have enough find a good stylist (not a $10 barber) to give you a modern cut. I have a great one in Hoboken who understands HT that can do wonders. I'll give you her info if you like...

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

thanks irish salor, i will wait but am not expecting it to look like yours, i will be happy with it as long as it covers my scalp, depending on the density i might keep it short like it is now (caesar style) but if it fills in ill try n do it more styled, what ever the ht permits ya feel me,, hairthere, yea give me the info on the stylist, also when i met you that day you had told me what products you put in your hair, can you refresh my memory . i no gel prob isnt a good idea as it makes your hair look thinner

Taco,

My hair didn't start growing til the 4 month mark. I was lucky as I have very coarse wirey hair which added to the illusion of density. I have no doubt you will be happy with the outcome fella.

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

I use American Crew fiber. Other good products are SAMI fat hair paste, and Bed Head has a good texture paste that comes in a tube. With all of these products you need to use sparingly, rubbing a bit in your palm and working it through.

The salon is called The Hoboken Man. It is like an upscale barber shop. The stylist you should ask for is Barbara. She is only there a few days a week but she is amazing. You will be shocked at how awesome this girl can get your hair looking. (She gives a good shoulder rub too!) It's a little pricy but well worth it. She will also recommend product and show you how to style. Like I said, let your hair grow in before going to see her.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com