well,, its done (dr feller)

so its been 5 months now, and i no i shouldn't be critical yet but i cant help but feel a little let down at this stage, i think from month 4 to month 5 i should have had a big jump in density witch i have not, matter fact i dont think anything has happened since last month, if by next month i dont see anything going on im gonna start to worry ,, please give me you input guys id love to hear it

5b32dac0a5dad_Photoon2013-09-24at23_51.jpg.aa46294e73726d3b806788b49199bfbf.jpg

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The photo looks almost identical to the 4th month photo to me also. Do you know what density he placed in your frontal portion?

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

Yeah I can see a little difference too. Unfortunately there isn't much you can do other than be patient. Some people are late bloomers, some are early bloomers. Just try to stay away from the mirror. A watched kettle never boils.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

*74 quadruples.

Non-Surgical Treatments:

tacolinowest,

I wouldn't sweat the small difference between month 4 and month 5 pics. The fact is you are still way early in the process and should have big changes left to come.

Try not to stress about it and give it time. I'm sure you'll see the growth you are hoping for.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Definitely a change there, you can't notice it because it you look at it everyday.

Looking good, hang in there.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Still very early days my man. Normal native hair grows just .5 inches/month. You're waiting on hairs that were transplanted from another site just to start popping through. And once they do they will still need to mature. But there is certainly a difference between 4 and 5 months.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

At risk of sounding like a broken record, but as said before there is change for the good in month 4 to 5 and for some patients things just continually improve slowly but surely. I've had patients who are happy at 5 months even if nothing else grew and others who didn't see a lot till month 7 when things really took off.

I have always been a fast grower but not all are and I see massive differences in this for individuals, so keep positive and all the best for the coming months.

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

• 5 weeks later...

Taco,I think its looking good at 6 months.I think these next few months will be good for you.Hang in there buddy ,good things are coming soon !

Scooter

1st HT 1973 FUT's with Dr.Robert Mcclellan 6/28/2007

*unfortunately I have no info on hair count on my 1st surgery ..

2nd HT 3026 FUT's with Dr. Bernadino Arocha 1/9/2014

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=54945&d=1389315686

3026 FUTs 1 day HT#2 post op frontal picture

Taco,

I think things are starting to take shape. People don't call this journey a roller coaster ride for no reason:)

I think you are making progress and you will continue to see good things over the next few months

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

I've seen results where 6 months looks like crap, and by month 9 it's like a whole new world. Stay patient. There's still plenty of time.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

*74 quadruples.

Non-Surgical Treatments:

I won't lie, if the result does not blossom further, then it would not be deemed a success in my honest opinion. However, you are only 6 months in. Things could kick in at anytime :)

• 2 months later...

so its been 9 months, im in better shoes than i was pre op, but these pics were takin tonight after a shower, i had toppik in then took a shower and didnt use shampoo jus rinsed it with water so i think my scalp is a lil darker in these pics witch is making it look thicker, i will take pics after shampooing also so you can really see, tell me what you think

5b32dcd7f36b2_Photoon2014-01-26at01_46.jpg.6b8bc8658c4b57edde363d567d56ac62.jpg