3100 Grafts-Dr.Hakan DOGANAY

Hello All

These are 3100 graft, before and after 6,8 and 18 months results.

I have been doing this job since 2002.

I use Choi Hair Transplanter / implanter Pen technique. With this technique, I use small pen needles which has 6-7-8mm diameters for planting grafts into recipient sites. After the surgery, patient's recovery is faster and the result is natural.

To extract the grafts from the donor area, we use small blade called micro-motor, it has 0.7-0.8 mm diameter and does not harm donor hairs' roots.

Please check the pictures to see my technique. All of the pictures and videos belong to my work.

Thank you for your comments about the results.

FOR CONSULTATION: http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/share-info/virtualconsultation.asp?SiteRef=HTN&DrID=668

1.jpg.d83a2b3f959daf681a435d3acfc71bc3.jpg

2.jpg.b5605c019c5374ae4dee18cc45bde875.jpg

3.jpg.52601277dc0c48f1435e251ba57f09f3.jpg

4.jpg.fa4d338332e38781716a273c741aeb56.jpg

5.jpg.d5109695e3b9c0ad8a5b631f8a34b47f.jpg

6.jpg.c828b5b8e459d8886da3ea5ce19e86dd.jpg

7.jpg.ae5f2d84c58242e19c93deddc9f4c639.jpg

8.jpg.7e05f30a40405079323d97a990397f5d.jpg

9.jpg.bb89e9575ddbb0a072a141b4258d5e67.jpg

10.jpg.bdd8d78e748ee143b92125b1bed0107d.jpg

11.jpg.272dcdd822671a30e25fac40e5be57d5.jpg

12.jpg.37a1f586b4742ae4d55c73d8adba9a4f.jpg

13.jpg.a881e85e4d8eb3d1642008a1bbf961c4.jpg

14.jpg.15b3b7a7f710d1db94bc3c29b8ca6b11.jpg

15.jpg.897a98d4a439d973cf0977758488e15f.jpg

16.jpg.f27a1bdde1630099ccc3f598af35b56b.jpg

17.jpg.d62d49ffd563bd61bd19c33af577a24c.jpg

18.jpg.e8d3daf3c5852963645de98d8775c002.jpg

Edited by David - TakingThePlunge

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is phenomenal. If ever there was a picture that summed up the dramatic difference that hair can make to someone's appearance, sense of style/ self it's the last one. He looks like a different man. Well done to the doc.

Very nice, and for all that landscape to be covered he must be chuffed..he looks like a different person:)

I'm still unclear if the choi is more prefable for asian patients with dark thick hair than patients with light/finer hair as the results you have posted are patients with dark/course hair.

I understand the need for appropiate donor before a HT procedure but they is a blog on this forum stating the choi is preferable for asian/dark hair patients than patients with finer/lighter hair so was hoping for your opinion on this? As i have light/finer hair:(

Regards

@James84,

thanks for your comment and question.

Some of our patients are from European countries like Germany, England, Russia,etc. They don't have thick dark hair and they are happy with the results.

The result of the light hair will be more natural, but hair roots should be strong enough for HT. This is the most important thing. Additionally, we may need more graft for light hair.

If a person has thick hair, he will have more voluminous hair. Therefore, no need to worry about the result if the roots are strong enough.

Best

Wow... You gave him a much classier look and a whole lot more styling options with only 3,100 grafts... You have changed his whole outlook and how people view him! Great result with few grafts!

He must be absolutely over the moon. Staggering difference with only 3,100 grafts... Where are all the people that said FUE is only good for minor nw1 recession?

He must be absolutely over the moon. Staggering difference with only 3,100 grafts... Where are all the people that said FUE is only good for minor nw1 recession?

How the times are changing eh pal! a few years ago a Doc would of got slated trying to do an FUE procedure of this size.

I honestly believe FUE is overtaking if not already has FUT procedures.

How the times are changing eh pal! a few years ago a Doc would of got slated trying to do an FUE procedure of this size.

I honestly believe FUE is overtaking if not already has FUT procedures.

indeed. hell even up until a few months ago certain individuals and surgeons were stating that fue is best kept for minor recession due to the fatigue issue... hmmm those individuals were probably not aware of dr hakan, lorenzo, bisanga, feriduni, umar etc. i strongly believe fue can anf should be used for anyone upto a norwood 3 or 4 providing they have the donor for it. a norwood 5 can be done but maybe wont be the most convincing look but i dont believe nw 6 and 7 with fut is without compromise either. fut is more suited for nw 6 and 7 though.

• 2 weeks later...
Yep, this is great if it is done more often, but to be fair, even 3k FUT procedures weren't that common years ago.

3000 fue graft procedures have been common place in europe and turkey for over 5 years at least. Dr lorenzo has been documenting his results since 2007. Dr hakan has been performing fue for 13 years which is not far off how long true follicular unit transplantation has been around(not minigrafts or multigrafts from a strip).

Dr. Doganay,

Great transformation! Nicely done.

James84,

Dr. Doganay is a Choi Implanter expert, and I would definitely listen to his advice about the device. Having said that, I've personally read that the Choi device is best suited for individuals of Asian descent because of their straight, thick hair shaft characteristics. Individuals of other races tend to have more curly, thin characteristics, and these types of FUGs are more difficult to load into the implanter pen. Because of this, loading non-Asian grafts into the pen can cause more strain and stress on the ill-fitting grafts.

However, this is simply what I've read in a textbook, and Dr. Doganay's knowledge comes from his years of first-hand clinic experience (aka listen to him : ) ).

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 3 weeks later...

Dr Hakan, could you please tell me what motorized device you use? Is it called "Micrometer" or is there a specific name for the model? I want to add it to my FUE thread :)

• 2 weeks later...

This should be the HT transplant of the WEEK. What a change for just a FUE session. Such a great yield. Love it.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

This should be the HT transplant of the WEEK. What a change for just a FUE session. Such a great yield. Love it.

That's the potential of FUE when it isn't treated as a basic 'punch and yank' technique that so many composite clinics do. I have been viewing more videos of the FUE exclusive surgeons and their technique compared to most of the composite FUE/FUT surgeon's is like absolute night and day.