2800 grafts,2 FAILED FUE's,$20,000.,3 years later by a coalition member

joe-t

how many more grafts will i need?  

3 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi,I'm Joe,I'm 29, and i'm ashamed to say i'v been taken advantage by a deceptive surgeon who shall not be named ( but is a coalition member) twice! shame on me, right?, anyways,First of all I'm not blaming anyone here, just because i mentioned that he is a coalition member, does not mean i'm blaming this website, or i'm going to reveal his identity..

here is my story, i began noticing my receding hair line at 25! but did not think about surgery much, and i choose the medication instead. rogaine, Propecia, nioxen, and cold lasers which you sit underneath it for about 30 minutes 3 times a week, to prevent hair loss and it cost about $2000 for a six month period.i did that 3 times, But i did not see any results that improved my situation..so, i decided to consult a surgeon.

so when i spoke to this doctor, i told him that i'm considering it and he said " it's a guarantee and after the FUE which he charged more then any doctor before him that i consulted, he said that i need about 1600 grafts. (in reality i needed about 3600) but he didn't say that, or wouldn't say it because of his business, ( it will obviously ruin the second surgery bookings)

so like a moron i listened to his pretty secretary (undercover car salesmen), and book the surgery, which was on march of 2011....he perform the surgery and about 7 to eight months later around october, that's when i noticed i'm not seeing any results.., i contacted him and "BOOM" i'm gonna have to do a second surgery according to him ( we'll call him a glorified butcher) this time, 1200 grafts.., that was done..., so here i am about a year later, No results and it looks like i'm balding, I'm sad, disappointed,hurt, and i dont know what to say.., so i decied to post pictures and ask everyone if they could please be kind enough to give me an advice, on how to handle this...

Question number one: am i good candidate? If i get repair surgery, will it fail again?

q2: how does the repair surgery work? do they take out the grafts and add new grafts, or do they just add more grafts? i appreciate you taking the time and reading this. thanks

68g4hjf5gh.jpg.e77160c5b11dccb67e5f2e5d708801c0.jpg

1123.jpg.6f8d237ec5b656d18766989edb549084.jpg

2356.jpg.37c4c13fa72fa9b43ff49e78b9c7762e.jpg

87955.jpg.a1bf47bdce664ec1e082fbd0aa954c9b.jpg

456789.jpg.6e11debcb74f697ec0b5eaf975f413a1.jpg

545613.jpg.af2cd842b43bfd6f5fd61a6972fd41e2.jpg

Joe-T,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Sounds like you had a rough time. Why do you wish to not let us know who the surgeon was?

I'm asking because surely you don't want to anyone else to experience this? Also have you tried contacting the doctor and including the moderators in an e-mail?

Do you also have pre op pictures?

Luke

12/2017 - 3500 Grafts- Dr. Emrah Cinik

Follow my progress:

They would just add more grafts. You may not be a good candidate or you may have sensitive follicles that get damaged under the stress if fue. Not sure.

What is certain is that you had sucky growth.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

this website is a good point of reference, but there's many different people who have interest here obviously you know who i'm talking about, do your research, this isn't the only place you should get your information in regards of a doctor

Well, it certainly doesn't look great but I'd like to see some pre-ops and post-ops as well to get a better idea.

On the plus side, you do have a pretty darn good head of hair behind the transplanted hairline. Just stay on Fin man!

You may want to get a few grafts in the hairline punched out. The placement of the hairline seems a bit low. But I would definitely consider a good FUT mega-session to fill in the front. I'm sure you don't have too much faith in FUE at the moment.

I'm curious who the doc was... also curious if you have been in contact with them about the result.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Guys,

As I'm sure you're all aware, we (the moderators) do our best to run a very open, honest, and helpful hair restoration network. What's more, we also pride ourselves on being a patient-oriented hair loss resource, and always do our best to advocate for the members on the forums.

Because of this, I would like to do my best to help Joe resolve this situation and move forward with a satisfactory hair restoration plan. However, in order to both support Joe and promote open, transparent discussion, I really believe the operating hair transplant surgeon should be informed of the situation and allowed to speak with Joe.

In order to do this, I've sent Joe a private message and will attempt to moderate a discussion between him and his surgeon behind the scenes. Joe may not want to share a discussion with his surgeon publicly, but hopefully they can work it out in private. Furthermore, after the situation is resolved, hopefully Joe will update the thread.

If any one has any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to send me a private message.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Joe-T,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Sounds like you had a rough time. Why do you wish to not let us know who the surgeon was?

I'm asking because surely you don't want to anyone else to experience this? Also have you tried contacting the doctor and including the moderators in an e-mail?

Do you also have pre op pictures?

Luke

hey luke, How are you man? thanks for replying...,don't get me wrong i would LOVE LOVE LOVE to reveal his name, but legaly i can't, because most likely, i'm going to sue him soon,and go after his licence,and the reason for that is that this is just the tip of the iceberg, this guys receptionist, scamd me out of 2 thousand dollars....,but i cant reveal how, the cops were involved..,i hinted that I'm not happy, just to see how would handle it.., he said well, trying to cut your hair short lol so it looks even lol can you believe that guy?this comment was after me paying him $20,000

Well, it certainly doesn't look great but I'd like to see some pre-ops and post-ops as well to get a better idea.

On the plus side, you do have a pretty darn good head of hair behind the transplanted hairline. Just stay on Fin man!

You may want to get a few grafts in the hairline punched out. The placement of the hairline seems a bit low. But I would definitely consider a good FUT mega-session to fill in the front. I'm sure you don't have too much faith in FUE at the moment.

I'm curious who the doc was... also curious if you have been in contact with them about the result.

hi arron, How are you man? he has Both pre op and post op photos and im left with the ones i recently took of my self :/, thank you my friend for your kind words,i doubt i'd do FUT,but im seeing about 6 more doctors all in the same week for a consultation..and i will ask them about FUT and FUE options..., unfortunately, i can not reveal his name at this point, because of legal issues, but someday after im done with him,and having him pay for his work, ill let you know, you have my word :)

Guys,

As I'm sure you're all aware, we (the moderators) do our best to run a very open, honest, and helpful hair restoration network. What's more, we also pride ourselves on being a patient-oriented hair loss resource, and always do our best to advocate for the members on the forums.

Because of this, I would like to do my best to help Joe resolve this situation and move forward with a satisfactory hair restoration plan. However, in order to both support Joe and promote open, transparent discussion, I really believe the operating hair transplant surgeon should be informed of the situation and allowed to speak with Joe.

In order to do this, I've sent Joe a private message and will attempt to moderate a discussion between him and his surgeon behind the scenes. Joe may not want to share a discussion with his surgeon publicly, but hopefully they can work it out in private. Furthermore, after the situation is resolved, hopefully Joe will update the thread.

If any one has any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to send me a private message.

hi there, can you please resent me the message, as im checking my inbox and every where else, and yet i can't see or find your message, thank you.

Joe,

Because you recently signed up for an account, it's likely that our webmaster has not yet verified your information and fully activated your membership. Because of this, you may not yet be able to receive and send private messages. If this is the case, I will contact him, update your information, and resend.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

this website is a good point of reference, but there's many different people who have interest here obviously you know who i'm talking about, do your research, this isn't the only place you should get your information in regards of a doctor

hey man, how are you? i should of done better job researching.., and i learned that the hard way..

hey Joe. first off just want to say im so sorry to hear about your situation. i too had an unsuccessful procedure with a coalition doctor. the mods here will help mediate between you and the doctor. guven you results, im certain things will work in your favor with no need. for litigation. if a free repair is offered, i would not take it. this surgeon is either not competant with fue or your physiology does not take well. go to a clinic that practices fue at least 50 percent of the time. i have a feeling i know who this surgeon is. i would exhaust the fue avenue first before going to the more invasive strip method. some people here are blaming the fue method and not the doctor. if an fut procedure goes wrong do you blame fut? no you blame either the surgeon or the patients physiology. i can understand you feeling sad champ. i was and am in a depression over my result too but alll is not lost. you have minimal loss and wont need a huge amoint of grafts for a very nice improvement.

all this site is, is essentially an interest group pointing you in one direction, you pay the doctor who therfore pays THIS site for advertising purposes

The vast majority of posts on this site are just patients reporting their experiences. I agree that you should research many sources for a long time before deciding how to proceed. Personally, I think this is one of the very best sites out there. Patients like myself get nothing out of posting here other than to try and provide information that others will find helpful in deciding what they want to do for themselves.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Joe, sorry for your situation and that it did not work out for you. You have some good advice from some of the veterans who have responded. Definitely take advantage of Blake's offer to help you out. Wish you the best!

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Jazzsnazz,

You've been a member of this community for less than a month, yet you seem to have made some very strong and false assumptions about how this community is ran.

While our list of recommended physicians isn't an exhaustive list of all excellent hair transplant surgeons in the world, only those who meet our high standards are considered and approved for recommendation or Coalition membership.

This community turns down approximately a dozen physicians every year who would gladly pay to be recommended here but simply don't meet our high standards. If you are genuinely interested in learning how we recommend hair transplant surgeons, click here.

Our discussion forum enables patients to share their genuine experiences good or bad whether a physician is recommended or not. The only thing we ask is that patients who publicize their concerns give their physician/clinic the opportunity to respond in the interest of maintaining a fair and safe environment for both patients and physician on our discussion forum.

I suggest you take the time and look over our site is ran and funded before you continue posting false information about our community and how we recommend doctors.

Best Regards,

Bill

hey man, how are you? i should of done better job researching.., and i learned that the hard way..

Don't kick yourself champ, we all say that in hindsight when something unfortunate occurs. I wish I had not gone FUT because my scar stretched but I saw results of my surgeons scars and they were 1mm thin. I didn't even fathom that it would stretch for me but it did. Alot of repair patients learn the hard way unfortunately. It's not like we went to Bosley or Armani, so our choices were somewhat informed. Was our choices the best possible ones? Clearly not otherwise we would not be in this situation. Could we have known better at the time? No, because we would not have gone this route if we did. I know it is hard, I too regret my decision every single day.. I wish life came with a rewind button.

Joe-T,

While I sympathize with you and all patients who have poor growth and/or other concerns regarding their hair transplant experience/results, you are putting everyone (including yourself) in an awkward position. Instead of simply sharing your experience and showing genuine interest in getting your concerns resolved, you've started a poll asking whether or not you should sue your doctor and made it clear that you have very serious intentions of doing so.

Furthermore, although you didn't mention your physician by name, you are holding the Coalition and this community hostage by mentioning the Coalition by name and not giving anyone an opportunity to respond to your concerns. Frankly, you've strategically put yourself in a position to share your side of the story without being hed accountable. This is highly unfair and is not supported by this community.

Most importantly, if you truly feel one of our Coalition surgeons acted unethically, we'd like the chance to evaluate your concerns. We take patient feedback very seriously but we can only take you seriously if you are fair and cooperate. If after we evaluate your concerns and we happen to agree with you that one of our recommended physicians behaved unethically, we will promply remove this physician member from the Coalition.

I would have rathered that you simply shared your experience, photos and the name of your physician while providing him/her with the opportunity to share their side of the story. That way, the adult members of this community can draw their own conclusions and we'd have an opportunity to review and investigate your concerns with your surgeon. But frankly, this topic is unfair.

I'm also highly against lawsuits whether they come from a patient or physician. I feel strongly that physicians and patients should collaborate and work together to rectify any concerns without resorting to litigation.

At this point, I am going to give you two choices to make this topic fair and balanced:

1) You can name your physician and give them the permission to share their side of the story on this forum

2) You can contact one of the moderators privately with your details so we can investigate your concerns and discuss them with your surgeon to see what we can do to help. At the end of our investigation, we will provide the community with an update (which may include your physician's reply and any photos they want to include) however, we will not mention the physician's name.

Please let me know what you decide to do.

Best wishes,

Bill

Very unfortunate situation.

Lawsuits have their place, but they should generally be used as a tool of last resort. Usually, the better practice is to make a good-faith effort to work the matter out in advance of litigation. There's no harm in that, provided that the statute of limitations affords you the time. Besides, if negotiations don't work, you can always sue anyway.

Also, when you identify him as a coalition doctor but refuse to provide his name, many coalition doctors become unwarranted targets of suspicion and speculation. And really, that's not very fair.

Edited by Shadow of the EMpire State

hey Joe. first off just want to say im so sorry to hear about your situation. i too had an unsuccessful procedure with a coalition doctor. the mods here will help mediate between you and the doctor. guven you results, im certain things will work in your favor with no need. for litigation. if a free repair is offered, i would not take it. this surgeon is either not competant with fue or your physiology does not take well. go to a clinic that practices fue at least 50 percent of the time. i have a feeling i know who this surgeon is. i would exhaust the fue avenue first before going to the more invasive strip method. some people here are blaming the fue method and not the doctor. if an fut procedure goes wrong do you blame fut? no you blame either the surgeon or the patients physiology. i can understand you feeling sad champ. i was and am in a depression over my result too but alll is not lost. you have minimal loss and wont need a huge amoint of grafts for a very nice improvement.

hey mickey, how are you? thank you my friend, and i'm sorry about your experience as i can honestly say i feel your pain! as i am depressed as well,and i think you'r right, that's what my attorney said, it's simply not worthed.., and he didn't offer a free repair, he offered a " third surgery" which at that point i laughed a little...hahah...and you're right! this wasn't about FUE or FUT, this was about the amount the grafts he lied about and amount he didn't put in..., But i'm glad at least i have a shot to fix it by a better, honest and confident surgeon...

Joe, sorry for your situation and that it did not work out for you. You have some good advice from some of the veterans who have responded. Definitely take advantage of Blake's offer to help you out. Wish you the best!

hi there, How are you?i message blake and explain the situation to him.. hopefully he'd understand..

I just received a private message from Joe who claims he can't reveal the name of his physician because his hands are legally tied. At the very least, he's apparently already been in contact with his lawyer or proceeded with litigation.

While we respect our member's right to free speech, we expect patients to be transparent and accountable for their posts, just as physicians are also held accountable for their actions.

In my opinion, Joe's first post on this topic and the refusal to reveal his physician while causing unwarranted suspicion against the entire group of physicians this community recommends is highly unfair to this community, it's members and the Coalition.

I don't think it's fair to this community to allow a patient's and lawyer's decision to litigate stifle the transparency and accountability this community has come to know and expect. Thus, I ask that Joe make one final choice...to either allow a 100% open and transparent discussion with his physician on this forum, or to take things offline and handle the situation as he sees fit.

Joe, will you cooperate with the community or not?

Bill

Jazzsnazz,

You've been a member of this community for less than a month, yet you seem to have made some very strong and false assumptions about how this community is ran.

While our list of recommended physicians isn't an exhaustive list of all excellent hair transplant surgeons in the world, only those who meet our high standards are considered and approved for recommendation or Coalition membership.

This community turns down approximately a dozen physicians every year who would gladly pay to be recommended here but simply don't meet our high standards. If you are genuinely interested in learning how we recommend hair transplant surgeons, click here.

Our discussion forum enables patients to share their genuine experiences good or bad whether a physician is recommended or not. The only thing we ask is that patients who publicize their concerns give their physician/clinic the opportunity to respond in the interest of maintaining a fair and safe environment for both patients and physician on our discussion forum.

I suggest you take the time and look over our site is ran and funded before you continue posting false information about our community and how we recommend doctors.

Best Regards,

Bill

hi bill how are you? my doctor is aware of my situation, and he replied with, an option for a third surgery, a prp, and that from now on i should cut my hair super short so it looks even and not as bad!! lol, he won't touch me in anyway ever again..., there is way more to this then the FUE procedure, the police were involved, but according to my attorney i can not discuss the details publicly.. yet...!