hair from down under ( no pun intended!)

Hi guys, am sure loads of u have thought of this before. Just curious, why cant we extract hair from down under ( below the belt) ? :D I mean, i am very sure i am not suffering from MPB in that area and we can extract 2k grafts easily

Ok fine, maybe not exactly hairline material, unless u have Einstein frizzy hair in the first place and the texture seems fitting :cool:

Maybe to the crown ?

Any opinions? :o

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

1) Go to Youtube

2) Search "SNL pube hair transplant"

3) Hilarity ensues. All great forms of humor contain an element of truth.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Aaron, that video is a riot. I remember seeing it on SNL.

WB, pleeeease don't tell me you're interested in pursuing this.....:eek:

Even in the crown, and even blending it in at say 25%, the difference in texture would be very obvious. :rolleyes:

Although that region of our bodies do not seem to be affected by DHT, there have not been any meaningful studies or cases done to my knowledge.

BH is a very different type of donor compared to regrowth success with scalp donor. :rolleyes:

And lastly, have you considered what it might be like to have FUE extractions done in that region?! :eek:

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

lol. Janna, when u come to a point whereby u wake up in the morning to take a leak and refusing to stare in the mirror, and also to notice nothing but hair on others head while accompanying ur spouse for shopping, u will understand how despondent i am :)

yah i guess i was just having wild conjecture...

And for the record, Gillenator, yup the pain shld be quite excruciating :) think i have been sleeping too little these days...

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

• Moderators

I think underarm hair is better. Seriously. It grows longer and straighter... at least on me.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

I think underarm hair is better. Seriously. It grows longer and straighter... at least on me.

I believe there have been several cases of using under arm donor but never ever heard back from these individuals as far as yield and visual results are concerned. :rolleyes:

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY