I am doing it! Milena Lardi SMP on january 30/31!!

Hey guys,

After all the research and going to Milan and talking with Joe there, it is offical that Milena and I had agreed that I am having a smp at Beauty Medical on January 30/31.

I can't say how excited and frightened I am. I thought about it for a month now since I came back from Milan and while I was shaving my head the other night , I just look at my temples and hairline and I was like "All you have been thinking about is this for the last 3 years . " and I really don't want to think about it anymore.

Milena said my condition is great for smp since I have only temple recession. Joe said it would look great on me since I am shaving my hair with lowest clipper. I have never have an intention to grow my hair longer so ht would be something that i should consider later. So why not smp? People who had a ht have a 1 year period to see the results and I can only imagine how that time goes by. So I told myself if I don't like it , I have a max 2 year period that in the end it fades away.

But the most important issue for me is the idea of not thinking about it. If I like it and if it achieves what i desire , I will finally find peace in myself.

Long story short, I am having it . Carlotta , one of Milena's students is going to do the procedure on me and Milena will be there for the hairline construction. Wish me luck guys!

Sweet azazelgs! Be sure to show us quality b & a's. Btw, did you happen to ask Milena the questions I passed onto you?

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Aaron,

I did buddy they're on my thread on experiences and reviews section .

Spex,

Very special thanks to you. When we hang up on the phone like 3 months ago , your voice tone told me that is no scam and what I ve been looking for . I am still nervous about what if it looks bad and what if someone notices but I am doing it and I trust Milena !!! Thank you a lot again!!

Spex,

....your voice tone told me that is no scam

Holy Mother of Mary,

Azz, are you interested in buying my old washing machine?

Seriously Azz,

What do you think Milena would say about setting the needle depth .1-.2mm deeper and letting that brown ink into the dermis? Disaster?

I wonder, cause I like the tone of her color - at least in the samples I have seen, - and you will look good (as long as the geometry is correct and you aren't a 'complicated' job)

So why can't they use that color in the dermis?

Scar,

I don't know if you know this but spex has his own business besides being dr. feller consultant and beauty medical consultant. He was kind enough to answer nearly a million questions i asked about smp and he also called me and give me a lot of info. He never told me to go for it, this is great for you and never tried to sell me anything. From his voice, I understand that this is exciting for him so this led me to going to Milan to see it in person. English is not my native language so I think i don't explain myself clearly. However, I am not naive. I know what this is, how it works and many other things and I saw it myself and decided that this would be best for me.

Am I scared? Yes , of course. I'm scared that hairline won't be the way i wanted or someone will notice after it or it will fade out very quickly and many other things. But you know what, I decide to do this. No one sold me this, I choose it . Simple congrats would be enough , really.

Ah cool, found the other thread. Thanks azz!

And congrats! ;)

Btw, you're writing is pretty damn good for not having English as your first language. Impressed.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Congratulations! I hope you'll share some images and a description of the procedure after it's complete.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Hey guys,

After all the research and going to Milan and talking with Joe there, it is offical that Milena and I had agreed that I am having a smp at Beauty Medical on January 30/31.

I can't say how excited and frightened I am. I thought about it for a month now since I came back from Milan and while I was shaving my head the other night , I just look at my temples and hairline and I was like "All you have been thinking about is this for the last 3 years . " and I really don't want to think about it anymore.

Milena said my condition is great for smp since I have only temple recession. Joe said it would look great on me since I am shaving my hair with lowest clipper. I have never have an intention to grow my hair longer so ht would be something that i should consider later. So why not smp? People who had a ht have a 1 year period to see the results and I can only imagine how that time goes by. So I told myself if I don't like it , I have a max 2 year period that in the end it fades away.

But the most important issue for me is the idea of not thinking about it. If I like it and if it achieves what i desire , I will finally find peace in myself.

Long story short, I am having it . Carlotta , one of Milena's students is going to do the procedure on me and Milena will be there for the hairline construction. Wish me luck guys!

Hello Azazelgs; All the very best at entering the new year with a great new look! Happy that you have great support in your decision. Michael

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum

Thank you so much all!!

I am super excited and afraid at the same timee:) Just a quick change, dates are changed 1-2 february and with Alessandro Lardi , Milena's brother. My business is super busy right now that's why i changed it .

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay but to be honest it was great to forget about your hairloss so i forgot=) Here is my experience ;

My first sessions with Alessandro (which is Milena's brother) are on 30th and 31th january. At first I was very very nervous . I remember myself smoking in front of the door of Beauty Medical and praying "please god , don let this be something embarrasing". Afterall, it is "fake" hair. And of course I had many questions in my head like "would someone notice?" "what am i gonna say if someone notices?" and many others. Eventhough I was very well prepared and talked with Milena couple of times about the procedure, hairline and everything, I am sure many of you would know what i mean.

Anyway, when I sat back , we talked with Alex about the density , color and the hairline. I had two strict rules; density would not be too much and hairline would be as jagged as possible. At this time I have to say this; if you don't know italian , it is really hard to communicate with them, thay may be the only minus in their customer relations for me . Otherwise , they are perfect but that's another thing , I'll get there:)

The process is simple ; you lie down and Alex does all the work . For the pain scale, I have many tattoos on my body and this is zero compared to that. Other clients say crown hurts a lot but since I have done it only in my temples I can not comment on that. However, after the first session , I had a slighty bad headache for a while.

The divison of the sessions are first day , second day and one month later total of three. Alex told me that after the first two , %80 of the work is done. Here is where I had my concerns started, trico was near to invisible! I came back to Turkey and I showed it to my mom (she is the only person who knew) and she can't see it either. I shaved down to no guard clipper, washed my head and when I wipe my head on towel , towel was clearly got black. I looked at mirror , I saw the trico become more visible due to my short cut, but it was far away from what I expected. So I sent an e-mail to Milena about the fading out and my concerns, she told me not to panic and fading out a bit is completely normal and after 3rd session it would be ok. So after a month, I went for the third.

But the 3rd session had no help. By the time a month passed , trico was completely gone. I sat at home and felt very depressed, asking myself what went wrong. I spent quite some time and money (trico may not be expensive but going to Milan twice in a month is ) and got nothing . So after some thinking , I sent an e-mail to Milena and Spex about my condition.

At that time , I have to say a big thank you to both of them . They were bit quite suprised about this and told me everything will be handled. I was so down at that time and out of money that I was thinking to cancel all this and accept that this is not for me but my mom encouraged me both mentally and financially to finish what I started .

So I went there for a 2 day session again . This time, we went more dense and darker color. Also we went over the post -op procedures and my excessive use of nizoral accelarated the fading out process.

I know I talked to much and u want to know how it turned out? It turned out very good!! It 's been nearly two months now and I am really happy with the hairline design, it is very natural and jagged. Finally, I am not constantly thinking about my hairloss. I can say that I really got what i wanted.

However , there are few things about it I like to address that anyone who is curious about;

1-This is not "real" hair: I made my trico to my temples which there are only tiny minoxidil hair (which are gone after I quit it) so it can be said that it is only at the completely bald area. I shave my head my zero guard clipper at weekly basis. After the shave, trico looks best however there is this depth difference that I can see. The reflectivity of the scalp is more than the places where I have real hair. I am not saying this to critisize trico, but this is the reality. Maybe if I prefer to razor shave it the difference will be minimal but the reason I choose Milena is that i don't want to razor shave it every 2-3 days.

2-This does not look "weird" at all: Again ; I am only talking myself as I am a diffuse thinner all over and zero hair in temples. I haven't have it done in thinning areas , only on temples. I admit that it looks best after the shave and recommend everyone who have this to shave 2-3 days . But I am too lazy to do it and the best thing of this lazyness is that it does not weird look at all. When I first go to Beauty Medical it was for to have a consult with Dr.Wong so I went there not shaved for 10 days. When Milena saw me she asked that if I wanted to keep this length. I said " no! I use it a lot shorter than this " and she said no problem and I can keep it to that length . At that time I didn't believe her but now I see her point.

3-They can make a pretty natural hairline: As many of you who are interested in having this, hairline is the most important thing. After seeing way too many "helmet heads" online, that was my biggest concern . And I talked with Alessandro and Milena over and over again about this. And to be honest, I wasn't expecting that natural hairline but they are great at what they are doing.

I am not a doctor, medical advisor or anything related to ht industry. But I have researched about ht and smp for over 3 years now and in my opinion , this can be a game changer for some people. Many of the people in this community are looking for a longer shortcut and I respect that. But , if you are happy with the shaved /buzzed look and want to maintain it that way, working with a world class FUE doctor which is familiar and working with smp , you can get excellent results. I am thinking about filling my temples with fue in autumn and keep going with smp right now.

Nowadays , I am fairly happy with it. I think i need a 3rd session since we started all over again and minimal fading out had occured . Hope this helps everyone.

azazelgs,

Congratulations on undergoing SMP treatment with Milena Lardi.

Unfortunately, your after photos are very unclear compared to the before pictures that shows just about every growing hair stubble in great detail. The newer photos look more like a blurr.

Is there any way you can present some clearer pictures with the same camera and under the same lighting as the before pictures? I'd love to see them.

In any case, I'm glad you're happy and have been able to forget about your hair loss for awhile :-).

Best wishes,

Bill

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...