FUE doctors if money is not an issue

Chris12

Hello, i would like to have your advice (especially senior members), if money was not an issue which of the following surgeons would you recommend for the hairline (i m only interested in fue) :

dr Feller

dr Feriduni

dr Rahal

or dr Shapiro (Ron and Paul)

(in my opinion, the only concern with dr feller is that he emphasize too much on fut)

Thanks a lot for your help

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't go wrong with ANY of those doctors you have listed. You will find a lot of people on here tell you Dr Rahal is " king of the hairline" ! I'm not gonna tell you differently. He is!!! However, from experience with Dr Rahal I had FUT. I'm cometely satisfied with my results at this point. I do think Dr Rahal is getting much better results from FUT vs FUE. How many grafts do you think you need?? That would be a big part of the decision making process for me if I were you. If you need 2000 plus, I would strongly consider FUT. Can you post some pics ?

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Thanks a lot for your fast response! This forum is really helpful! I believe i would need about 1 000 grafts (im about Norwood 2.5 going to 3). Saying that, I m a little bit concerned of wasting too many grafts on my hairline and not having enough left for future HT. It is why i am also quite keen to choose a dr using Acell and prp (however, i have been using finasterid and minoxil 5 % for about 5 years already).

Thanks again

Thanks a lot for your fast response! This forum is really helpful! I believe i would need about 1 000 grafts (im about Norwood 2.5 going to 3). Saying that, I m a little bit concerned of wasting too many grafts on my hairline and not having enough left for future HT. It is why i am also quite keen to choose a dr using Acell and prp (however, i have been using finasterid and minoxil 5 % for about 5 years already).

Thanks again

1000 grafts will probably be a drop in the bucket. You cannot waste grafts on the hairline! You can sure waste them in the crown but not the hairline, within reason! This is the thing though, you may think you only need 1000, Dr Rahal may think you need 2500 in the hairline. Of course he will take your age, future loss, current level of miniturazation all into account. Do you mind posting pics?

This site is great, but you will get much better responses from much more credible posters than me with pics....ie Spex, Jotronic, Mattj, Mattz to name a few

Newhairplease!!

My Hairloss Website

oh great! ok I will try to post some pics latter on! What do u think of doctors claiming that they can regenerate donor area with the use of Acell and prp? dr col# is one of them? tks!

Don't get caught up to much in the Acell or Prp. Yes, it serves its purpose I guess but NO WAY does it regenerate your donor area. When you take from donor area, it's gone! Until cloning comes along anyway but don't hold your breath on that either.

Newhairplease!!

My Hairloss Website

Chris12,

Welcome to the forums buddy, you have come to a great place for support and advice!! As NewHair mentioned above, all of the doctors you mentioned above are terrific, and I don't think you can really go wrong. With that said, my top 2 from the your list above would be Rahal (I went to him like NewHair for FUT) and Shapiro. The two physicians, to me, produce some of the very best results out there. Matt recently posted an amazing collection of FUE results from Rahal's clinic and Janna from SMG has also posted some really great results as well!! Have a look through the photos in these forums, and see which results you think would suit you the best. Also, contact the surgeons and the clinics directly for an online consultation to see what each recommends. Ask questions....get the info you need....and choose the surgeon you feel most comfortable with from there. The important thing is to NOT rush into your decision....which is not to assume you have!! Given the list you made above, it seems like you're well on the way to a great result!!

Best,

Mike

Edited by agenteye

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Hello, i would like to have your advice (especially senior members), if money was not an issue which of the following surgeons would you recommend for the hairline (i m only interested in fue) :

dr Feller

dr Feriduni

dr Rahal

or dr Shapiro (Ron and Paul)

(in my opinion, the only concern with dr feller is that he emphasize too much on fut)

Thanks a lot for your help

Dr Lorenzo is up there because he exclusively practices fue and has done for any years. Also has over 150 result videos on youtube.

Dr Bisanga is also up there as a very good percentage(i would say about 40 to 50) of his work is fue. Same goes for dr feriduni, he tries to stay away from strip is possible.

Other notable doctors include dr keser in turkey, dr erdogan in turkey(also deals with higher norwood patterns), dr hakan(turkey) and dr de reys in belgium. All these doctors are fue exclusive. The doctors you mentioned(besides dr feriduni) use motorized tools instead of manual.

Edited by Mickey85

If money not an issue, I would definitely go with Dr. Feller then Feriduni or Bisanga. But seriously I admire Feller's FUE work very much. Its just very expensive to me ($10 per graft).

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

sorry to respond so late, thanks everybody for your reply! I will definitely focus my research on feriduni and rahal as i can see they did a great job on your guys! this is really encouraging! tks again for the support

If money not an issue, I would definitely go with Dr. Feller then Feriduni or Bisanga. But seriously I admire Feller's FUE work very much. Its just very expensive to me ($10 per graft).

Hariri, i m also considering Feller, but do you know if he do fue on a regular basis? In addition, i know dr col# is not mention a lot on this forum, but he does also focus only on fue what do u think about his work?

• 4 weeks later...
yea $10 a graft is almost laughable! like they say there is a sucker born every minute....:rolleyes: it would be one thing if he was performing a procedure that no other FUE doctor was performing but he isnt.

but you can get 200 grafts for $2000 on ur lunch break. lol

yea $10 a graft is almost laughable! like they say there is a sucker born every minute....:rolleyes: it would be one thing if he was performing a procedure that no other FUE doctor was performing but he isnt.

but you can get 200 grafts for $2000 on ur lunch break. lol

Indeed, $10 per graft is much too expensive. I don't consider Feller to be in the top 5 FUE doctors worldwide either.

To be fair to Dr Feller i think he only does small fue sessions for what he believes is the right kind of candidate. I do agree $10 is ridiculous but from what ive seen he wont perform large fue sessions anyway so there would never be a case where he would be charging you $30,000.

To be fair to Dr Feller i think he only does small fue sessions for what he believes is the right kind of candidate.
which means he specializes in FUT not FUE and not being able to do large sessions means he hasnt proved himself as a leading FUE doctor and im not aware of him doing body hair either.

so he doesnt do large sessions and he doesnt perform body hair so that hardly makes him a world class FUE doctor imo but charges as tho he is a world class FUE doctor.

he talks the talk but doesnt walk the walk.... if ur gonna charge $10 a graft you better be able to back it up with consistent large FUE sessions and be able to perform body hair transplants with proven success and be able to back up your work.

Dr. Feller is one of the pioneers of FUE. He was one of four docs experimenting with it in the USA in 2001 after they learned about W*ods in Australia. (Rassman, Bernstein & C*le were the others). He designed better punch tools to advance the procedure.

It's hilarious how facts get buried on the internet. He probably trained some of the docs that some of you guys go bananas over these days.

That being said $10 a graft is very high.

which means he specializes in FUT not FUE and not being able to do large sessions means he hasnt proved himself as a leading FUE doctor and im not aware of him doing body hair either.

so he doesnt do large sessions and he doesnt perform body hair so that hardly makes him a world class FUE doctor imo but charges as tho he is a world class FUE doctor.

he talks the talk but doesnt walk the walk.... if ur gonna charge $10 a graft you better be able to back it up with consistent large FUE sessions and be able to perform body hair transplants with proven success and be able to back up your work.

What talk? What does he say?

Bit of an unnecessary attack there, in my opinion.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

What talk? What does he say?

Bit of an unnecessary attack there, in my opinion.

its an expression you Dope!:rolleyes: if ur gonna charge $10 a graft you better be doing something no one else is doing. he isnt! no body hair and no proven large session patients. and without body hair he will never be able to do large session patients.

chit, he isnt doing any larger sessions then Cohen does and Cohen has done FUT for most of his career. shud Cohen be charging $10 a graft to?:rolleyes:

the fact is most people are just not that educated in HT doctors and assume $10 a graft is a fair price in NY. it isnt. its a rip-off!

Dr. Umar does large FUE sessions and does body hair and charges $8 a graft. thats still outrageous imo but $10 a graft is laughable!

Dr. Feller is one of the pioneers of FUE. He was one of four docs experimenting with it in the USA in 2001 after they learned about W*ods in Australia. (Rassman, Bernstein & C*le were the others). He designed better punch tools to advance the procedure.

It's hilarious how facts get buried on the internet. He probably trained some of the docs that some of you guys go bananas over these days.

That being said $10 a graft is very high.

but he seems hesitant to perform fue. he doesnt do large sessions, not even if they are split over 2 or 3 days and he seems to push for fut alot. i have been told that he pushea for fut for grafts as low as 1200... i cant even remember the last fue feller result posted.

I agree with the idea that Dr. Feller is a FUE pioneer. While some are accusing him of not producing the exciting, multiple day, 3,000 + graft procedures, it's highly likely that those physicians performing the procedures are utilizing some of his tools, FUE principles, or studied his FUE work at some point in their career.

Like a few others stated, Dr. Feller researched FUE while it was in its infancy, helped define the principles that damage grafts and decrease yield, invented manual tools to improve the procedure, invented automated tools to improve the procedure, and tested alternative graft sources like BHT.

After all this work, he seems to truly believe FUT is still the current gold standard, and FUE is best suited for smaller cases and specific patients. Is he right? Is he wrong or being overly conservative? I don't think anyone can say for sure. However, what I think we can say is that he's definitely completed the work and performs surgery using his best and most ethical clinical judgment.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I agree with the idea that Dr. Feller is a FUE pioneer. While some are accusing him of not producing the exciting, multiple day, 3,000 + graft procedures, it's highly likely that those physicians performing the procedures are utilizing some of his tools, FUE principles, or studied his FUE work at some point in their career.

Like a few others stated, Dr. Feller researched FUE while it was in its infancy, helped define the principles that damage grafts and decrease yield, invented manual tools to improve the procedure, invented automated tools to improve the procedure, and tested alternative graft sources like BHT.

After all this work, he seems to truly believe FUT is still the current gold standard, and FUE is best suited for smaller cases and specific patients. Is he right? Is he wrong or being overly conservative? I don't think anyone can say for sure. However, what I think we can say is that he's definitely completed the work and performs surgery using his best and most ethical clinical judgment.

Some good points. Feller was indeed an early adapter to the FUE technique, however I do believe he stopped pushing the envelope on it some time ago while other Doctors both in the US and abroad have embraced it.

Whether he is right or wrong to prefer FUT to FUE in most cases except minor hairline loss is a matter of opinion. I personally think it is not right to perform FUT on someone who would only need 1,000-1,500 grafts, maybe even 2,000 grafts. Again that's just my opinion. There are many doctors who constantly perform FUE sessions of 2,000 grafts. Do they have yield issues sometimes? Of course, but so does FUT! Does FUE cause scarring? Of course! But even the best FUT scarring is more visible than general FUE scarring.

There are Doctors around(who's names can't be mentioned here) that have innovated FUE tools and techniques more than Feller and do more daring work with FUE and yet don't get even 10% of the praise or respect. Doctors who actually taught renowned Doctors like Feriduni, Lorenzo and Bisanga who are in the top 5 FUE Doctors in the world.

This isn't an attack on Feller, it really just is my opinion. I just do not understand why he is hesitant to perform FUE for anything more than minor temple/hairline recession where other Doctors seems to be comfortable working on Norwood 3s any day of the week. Some even working on Norwood 4s and 5s.

but he seems hesitant to perform fue. he doesnt do large sessions, not even if they are split over 2 or 3 days and he seems to push for fut alot. i have been told that he pushea for fut for grafts as low as 1200... i cant even remember the last fue feller result posted.

He has a conscience, and isn't a great salesman. He would make more money if he did mostly FUE. He would do a bigger session if you insisted enough.

He has a conscience, and isn't a great salesman. He would make more money if he did mostly FUE. He would do a bigger session if you insisted enough.

What a ridiculous post.. Probably the most ridiculous thing ive read.

'' He has a conscious and isnt a great salesman''

Of course he isnt a great salesman, he is a HT surgeon.. If he was a salesman he would be working for a second hand car lot. !

'' He would do a bigger sessions if you insisted enough''

Err... no he wouldnt, he would do what he believed to best for his patient..

By the way i am pro fue and agree its up to the patient, if they are well informed and they make their own decision then thats up to them, and as much as i respect Dr Feller and Spex i dont totally agree with everything they have to say regarding Fue... but you have to respect their opinion.