FUE Procedure Booked with DR Reys (Belgium) February 2013

Hi all,

I'm booked in for surgery with Dr Reys (Belgium) in late Feb 2013.

I'm looking at 3000 FUE grafts over two days of surgery.

These will most likely be distributed like this:

1300 into the hairline

200 into the temples

1500 into the crown

I'm mainly looking at all over coverage and depending on results may visit the US/Canada late next year for temporary SMP.

I will endeavour to update this thread with pre-op photos, post-op and monthly photos showing progress.

Cheers!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best of luck FitnessJunkie, and let us know how you get on.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Stinger99, Mickey is booked with Feriduni next month for some manual FUE job (Dense up hairline and fill up the scar) :-)

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

mickey who did u decide to go see?

Hey stinger, Hariri is correct. Im going with dr feriduni. I will pm you about it because i dont want to derail this thread.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the positive thoughts gents, and good luck with your procedure too Mickey!

Hey does anyone have a website for dr Reys would like to see his work and contact details??

Thanks and good luck

• 2 months later...

Hi folks,

The day has arrived! It's 6am here in Belgium and Dr Reys wil be picking me up in a couple hours for the first day of the procedure (not before I enjoy a buffet breakfast however!). I had a great 11 hour sleep so am feeling refreshed after spending 24hrs in transit from Australia to Belgium. Dr Reys pays for 3 nights accomm (for a 2 day procedure) at Hotel Villa Monte which is in a nice location surrounded by restaurants. I ate at La Cita with my parents last night and we all agreed it was fantastic.

I will hopefully get a chance to provide an update this evening about today's experience.

Cheers!

Hi folks,

The day has arrived! It's 6am here in Belgium and Dr Reys wil be picking me up in a couple hours for the first day of the procedure (not before I enjoy a buffet breakfast however!). I had a great 11 hour sleep so am feeling refreshed after spending 24hrs in transit from Australia to Belgium. Dr Reys pays for 3 nights accomm (for a 2 day procedure) at Hotel Villa Monte which is in a nice location surrounded by restaurants. I ate at La Cita with my parents last night and we all agreed it was fantastic.

I will hopefully get a chance to provide an update this evening about today's experience.

Cheers!

Good luck fitness junkie your in great hands there keep us updated!

Best of luck mate. I'll definitely be interested in your updates as I will most likely be looking at around 3k FUE grafts in the coming months. Also meeting Dr. De Reys next month for a consult!

It would be fantastic if you could document things in as much detail as possible, and for Dr. De Reys to get more exposure on here!

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

Hi folks,

I had a great 11 hour sleep so am feeling refreshed after spending 24hrs in transit from Australia to Belgium.

Cheers!

Well no one can accuse you of using distance as a barrier!

Hope day 1 went well!

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Hope everything is going well with your procedure today, Fitnessjunkie! Looking forward to tracking your progress along the way. Keep us posted buddy!!!

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Hi All,

Firstly, thank you all for the well wishes.

I have just finished day 2 of my procedure with Dr Reys. It is now 11:30pm here in Belgium and I am absolutely buggered! I must admit I am very glad the procedure is over and done with!

Day 1

Dr Reys picked me up from Hotel Villa Monte @ 8am. His surgery is about a 5min drive away. When we get to his surgery we discussed hairlines/graft placement and his wife Gina did the shave down (she is a nurse and assists with the procedure). We noticed that I appeared to have a fungal infection of the scalp (I also have it elsewhere on the chest/back). This resulted in a lot of bleeding in the donor area during extraction and hence slowed down the procedure considerably.

We commenced extractions at about 9:30am and the implanting of the 1500 grafts (1300 into the hairline and 200 into the crown) wasn't complete until about 9pm.

I had a terrible sleep and managed to get blood all over my hotel pillow/bedsheets. Day 2 was even longer. We began at about 9pm and did not finish until 10:15pm. Once again, there was significant bleeding in my donor area due to the fungal infection. Fortunately, according to Dr Reys, this should have no effect on the final result. From memory about another 1300 grafts went into the crown, with the remainder scattered throughout the mid-scalp/hairline. In summary, I had 1500 grafts into the hairline/mid-scalp, and 1500 into the crown.

Before going into the procedure I had not thought about the possible pain and how uncomfortable the procedure could be. Laying down on your stomach/back for a good 10hrs straight (with 20min lunch break that the Dr provides) was not exactly pleasant. My head hurt, my buttocks began to hurt, and my sanity was close to breaking after 11 and 12 hrs days!

I felt some pain thoughout various parts of the procedure, although nothing too major. (Some parts were pain-free but certain things such as the incisions/implanting of grafts into the hairline was not comfortable). Anaesthetic admin. was not entirely comfortable, but then again needles into the scalp it is not surprising! By the end of day 2 I was physically and emotionally drained. Based on my experience, the transplant over two days was far from comfortable and was certainly not pain-free. It should be noted however, that my procedure did go much longer than the usual patient. I don't blame the surgeon, however IMO it is just hte nature of the procedure - very tedious, repetitive and lots of little 'prick' type feelings into the scalp really get annoying after a while.

Following the completion of day 2 this evening, Gina cooked a very nice meal (steak, chips and salad - yum- just the way I like it!) and Dr Reys went over with me the post-op care instructions as well as supplying me with all the necessary sprays and creams. He dropped me back at the hotel at about 10:30pm this evening, where he gave me his business card with contact info in case I have any questions.

Overall, I found Dr Reys and his wife very friendly and were happy with the level of service they gave me. At the end of the day, results are what counts and so I will try and update this thread on a monthly basis or whenever I feel an update should be done.

Attached are a couple photos (not great quality) that my mother took back at the hotel not long ago.

And for those wondering where they can see more of Dr Reys' work, I am not sure where they can be found online. However, we had a look on his personal laptop and he had 100s of different cases of work that he has done. For whatever reason it's a shame they aren't uploaded online.

Cheers

From a very tired fitness junkie!

1.jpg.01f6db2e5f7199474d028c80122f3a60.jpg

2.jpg.2a727abfe8d5c42636d546da7bae05ac.jpg

3.jpg.9f2be93318b6add58535fa110eff9abf.jpg

thanks for the update. you must be so happy it is over and done with. now the wait for the results. doing 2 day procedure must be really tuff. im sure ur results will be great and the 2 day surgery will be all worth it. please keep us updated on your progress. thanks.

Thanks a bunch for the detailed updated Fitnessjunkie. I have a similar hairline (minus the loss to the crown) and just contacted Dr. de Reys a few days ago regarding a consultation. I'm very much looking forward to your results. Get some rest and all healed up mate!

Thank you srdonjuan and stinger.

I just took a photo in better lighting this morning which is attached.

A couple things I forgot to add:

- out of the 3000 graphs, only 450 were singles and the remaing 2550 were doubles and triples

- Dr Reys drove to the pharmacy last night to purchase the anti-fungus tablets and Nizoral shampoo for me out of his own pocket which was very nice of him

Cheers

20130227_085312.jpg.72d1142811fb40b1e3f4a8ae821cac74.jpg

20130227_085322.jpg.f3197ca50798f06ed8257a2058d166f9.jpg

Wow you had to endure quite a bit by the sounds of it! Not only a standard 2-day procedure which in itself is tough by all accounts but that infection is just a nasty surprise you could have done without! Hope that clears up for you soon.

Anyway, fair play for documenting it. Sounds like up to this point you're very happy with everything which is all you can ask for. I'm meeting Dr. De Reys in 2 weeks (in his house I think) so all this info is very valuable to the community, particularly because there are so few documented cases of De Reys on here. It would be great if docs like him posted up 20-30 results, instead of the only time you see them is when you are sitting in front of him waiting for a HT! It would only benefit the clinic!

Regarding post-op care, will you contact the doc directly or is there somebody else that you were recommended to get in touch with first (e.g. Patient Care Rep)?? I know there was a person called 'Nick' who organised my consultation.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

Hey FJ,

How are things now? Any improvement in that infection?

Current Regimen:

Hi folks,

As requested here a few pics post-op (1 and 4 days approx. I believe).

My donor appears to be healing well following the fungal infection, where there was a lot of blood. Most scabs in the hairline were off by day 7-8, with the crown by day 9-10. There is a weak connection in my left temple which annoyed me a little at first, but with the hair grown out a little should not be an issue.. but there is a lot of minitaurised hair on top of my head so hopefully finastride and minixodil can save some of it! Shock loss was always going to be a risk.

I am going through a lot of shedding at the moment and am currently about 18 days post-op. Will try and endeavour to take monthly photos.

Cheers!

A.jpg.efef81cace6e96169f08f60c72ca64a6.jpg

b.jpg.191eeaca6786bbf20a600ec951872dd8.jpg

4.jpg.8f0a00386f40b2dea94cd3db6fddc17f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I am new here and I am considering to have my HT in June/July. I was totally lost and I am glad to see that the posts here are extremely helpfull. I am seriously considering Dr. Reys and Prohair. I am a Brazilian and since Brazilian surgeons do not have so much experience in FUE, I am looking for a surgeon in Europe (I am living in Germany for 3 years now). Your results look great! I am feeling more confident when I read stories like yours. Congrats and whish great results!

Edited by Denny

An amazing experience (4002 grafts) with Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED Clinic).