FUE Procedure Booked with DR Reys (Belgium) February 2013

Looks really good fitness junkie. Being from Australia , I am also interested in Dr De Rey for FUE . Can you explain whether Dr De Rey did all of the manual punching and extracting , incisions and implanting and how much was performed by his wife?

My possible concern is about how long the grafts are out of the body before implantation into recipient area considering he does so much of the work himself over many hours , as some docs seem to not want the grants exposed for longer than abouy 4 hours.

Further , how long was it before your transplanted area scalp redness returned to normal?

Hi mate,

Dr Reys did all of the manual punching, extracting and incisions himself. His wife Gina who has worked with him for years did maybe 15-20% of the implanting as Dr Reys would have a 20min break every 90 mins or so, with him doing the rest of the implanting. The grafts would definitely have been exposed for longer than 4 hours (especially because on my two days the procedure finished at 9pm and 10:30pm due to my fungal condition on the scalp). I'm not sure the of the solution these were placed in. It probably took around 3 1/2 months for the redness to go away, but that was mainly in the temples and not the crown which wasn't really red.

Cheers,

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey FJ, thanks for the update mate. Looking pretty sweet there, i'd be pretty happy with that too! Im off in 3 weeks to see Dr Rudi, getting bit nervous but looking forward to it. Im sure it'll come in stronger over the next few months, all the best

Hi mate,

Wow - time has flown by! Have you worked out how to get to Heist-Op-Den-Berg by train? If you have any more questions feel free to send me a private message!

Cheers

Looking great! Very interesting case because of the norwood pattern and exclusive use of FUE. Already looking great at such an early stage.

Thanks Mickey, appreciate your support and help over the last 12 months since I've signed up to the HTN.

Cheers

Thanks Mickey, appreciate your support and help over the last 12 months since I've signed up to the HTN.

Cheers

Thank you for all the support you have given me buddy, its something i will never forget.

Hi mate,

Wow - time has flown by! Have you worked out how to get to Heist-Op-Den-Berg by train? If you have any more questions feel free to send me a private message!

Cheers

Yeah it sure has. Not really, im staring to plan a bit now. Looking at the Eurostar from London to Brussels and then im hoping there will be a connecting train to Heist Op. Is that how you got there? Any suggestions?

Cheers

Hi folks,

Here is a quick update (4 months and 1 week). My right temple is still quite patchy but seems to be improving daily. It's now been 5 weeks since I have shaved my head and this is the longest I've grown my hair in nearly 3 years. The crown is also slowly coming in. I am still using dermmatch concealer to over the thin hair.

I am very happy thus far and my confidence has greatly increases. Let's just hope growth continues over the next 6-8 months!

Will get better quality photos and pics of the crown soon.

Cheers!

Looks like you're on your way to a very nice result!

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Yeah it sure has. Not really, im staring to plan a bit now. Looking at the Eurostar from London to Brussels and then im hoping there will be a connecting train to Heist Op. Is that how you got there? Any suggestions?

Cheers

Hi mate,

We caught the train from Brussels Airport to Leuven Station, and then straight to Heist-Op-Den-Berg. As long as you can get to Leuven Station you shouldn't have a problem, but I would double check online :)

Did you need a map of Heist-Op-Den-Berg in order to find the hotel from the station? I still remember the 20min walk to the hotel - first time in the snow and we were wheeling our suitcases - what an experience for me and my folks (their first time overseas)! lol

1978 Matt,

Thanks mate - hopefully things continue to improve!

Hi mate,

We caught the train from Brussels Airport to Leuven Station, and then straight to Heist-Op-Den-Berg. As long as you can get to Leuven Station you shouldn't have a problem, but I would double check online :)

Did you need a map of Heist-Op-Den-Berg in order to find the hotel from the station? I still remember the 20min walk to the hotel - first time in the snow and we were wheeling our suitcases - what an experience for me and my folks (their first time overseas)! lol

1978 Matt,

Thanks mate - hopefully things continue to improve!

Haha great story. Lucky for me it will be summertime I suppose! otherwise i could see myself doing the same. Dr Rudi offered to pick me up from the station which was nice of him. Not sure if thats because of your experience, maybe he thinks Aussies struggle with directions :)

Mate any info you can provide will help, Ill be heading there from London but pretty sure the Eurostar goes to Leuven so ill head for there and then sounds like ill be ok to Heist Op.

Hi

I recently had a face to face consult with Dr De Reys, getting to Heist Op Den Berg was actually quite easy trains run every 15 mins (one change) from Brussels Midi station (16 Euros return) you can go via Leuven, Lier or Antwerp just look on the Belgian railways site. I think Lier gives you most time to change platform! Think you'll be in good hands.

Best

Hi

I recently had a face to face consult with Dr De Reys, getting to Heist Op Den Berg was actually quite easy trains run every 15 mins (one change) from Brussels Midi station (16 Euros return) you can go via Leuven, Lier or Antwerp just look on the Belgian railways site. I think Lier gives you most time to change platform! Think you'll be in good hands.

Best

Hey Koot, thanks for the info and the assurance. Looking forward to everything except the travel!

Cheers

You'll be fine mate! When do you fly out?

Next Sunday. Arrive London on the 29th going to stay the night there and train it to Heist Op on the 30th. Dr Rudi said hell meet me at the train so thats good. HT is on the 31st/1st. Thats the plan anyway!

• 2 weeks later...
Next Sunday. Arrive London on the 29th going to stay the night there and train it to Heist Op on the 30th. Dr Rudi said hell meet me at the train so thats good. HT is on the 31st/1st. Thats the plan anyway!

All the best for your journey and procedure mate! If you have any questions or concerns feel free to get in contact with me.

Here is a 5 month update. I am happy with how things are progressing :)

5b32d9a3e5565_top27july.jpg.383bbf46680dc8fc83afab683dea6a3a.jpg

All the best for your journey and procedure mate! If you have any questions or concerns feel free to get in contact with me.

Looking good mate. You have a strong hairline there im sure it will all fill in nicely soon. Thanks for that ill let you know how I go

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Hi mate

My hair loss is almost identical to yours.

I have booked my operation with dr der reys in a few weeks.

At 5 months your hairline to the left side seems to have a gap between implanted hair and existing hair, did dr de reys implant into the existing hair? maybe its just not growing out as fast as the front??

I know your around the halfway stage to the final result but i am curious to know how far he went into your existing hair to make sure it blends in properly but also to allow for any receding that may occur in the future.

Did he meet your expectations or could they be improved upon?

Kind regards

• 5 months later...

Hey fitnessjunkie......any update mate? I see you're closing in on the 1 year mark?

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3