FUE Procedure Booked with DR Reys (Belgium) February 2013

Hi mate, how are things going?

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi mate, how are things going?

Hi mate,

I'm at the 8 week mark and not a whole lot to report at this stage! Getting a few pimples here and there (and a few in the donor too) and lost majority of the implanted hair. Will try and get some pics up shortly.

Cheers!

Wow, 8 weeks flew by! The hairline work looks very intricate with the directions and angles flowing. Definitely a case I will be following.

Wow, 8 weeks flew by! The hairline work looks very intricate with the directions and angles flowing. Definitely a case I will be following.

Thanks Mickey. I'll get some photos up next week (which will be the two month mark).

Bear in mind I am still looking to do the temporary SMP in about 4-5 months time as well.

Thanks Mickey. I'll get some photos up next week (which will be the two month mark).

Bear in mind I am still looking to do the temporary SMP in about 4-5 months time as well.

Hey FJ, glad to hear you're ok - curious where are u intending to do SMP?

My goodness 24 hour transit?! How many stops did you stopover before arrviving in belgium?

Hey FJ, glad to hear you're ok - curious where are u intending to do SMP?

My goodness 24 hour transit?! How many stops did you stopover before arrviving in belgium?

Hi mate

I am planning to have the temporary SMP done, although I am not sure if I would get it done by Milena in Italy or London, or travel to the US. It's annoying how Australia is so damn isolated!! Too much transit time!

We flew to Doha Airport which was about a 11hr flight from memory, at the airport for another 3 or so hours and then another 7hr flight to Belgium.

Cheers

Hey FJ, thanks for providing info about your op with Dr De Reys. Im also from Australia and im booked in with the Dr for July. Its a bit of a mission getting there but i also found limited dr's with any experience in this part of the world. Plus ive never been to europe so thought i'd knock off the two at once!

I just have a few q's hopefully you have time to answer...

Was it hard to find your way to Heist Op Den Burg? Im flying into London a few days before the op so will have to make my way there.

How long were you in Brussels for after the op? Did you travel around afterwards? Reason for asking is that im thinking of travelling around a bit afterwards just want to know how many days i might be out for before i can get out and about.

Do you have any photos of your head before the op? The doc has said id need about 2500, i was thinking 3000 based on what ive seen in photos so just thought youd be a good measure for me.

Appreciate any answers you can provide, thanks mate

Hey FJ, thanks for providing info about your op with Dr De Reys. Im also from Australia and im booked in with the Dr for July. Its a bit of a mission getting there but i also found limited dr's with any experience in this part of the world. Plus ive never been to europe so thought i'd knock off the two at once!

I just have a few q's hopefully you have time to answer...

Was it hard to find your way to Heist Op Den Burg? Im flying into London a few days before the op so will have to make my way there.

How long were you in Brussels for after the op? Did you travel around afterwards? Reason for asking is that im thinking of travelling around a bit afterwards just want to know how many days i might be out for before i can get out and about.

Do you have any photos of your head before the op? The doc has said id need about 2500, i was thinking 3000 based on what ive seen in photos so just thought youd be a good measure for me.

Appreciate any answers you can provide, thanks mate

Hi mate

No problem at all. You can find some pre-op pics here:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/169024-help-fue-graft-placement-combined-temporary-smp.html

In terms of getting to Heist-Op-Den-berg, you will need to catch two trains from Brussels Airport. Off the top of my head I can't remember the first station to get off at, but I have those details written down so can relay them on to you. All up though I tihnk it was about 90mins from the airport to Heist-Op.

The walk to the hotel in Heist-Op from the train station is about 15mins, and is on a nice little strip with several restaurants and a few shops.

I stayed in Brussels for two nights following the procedure, then caught the train to Paris (stayed there for 3, and then another 4 nights in Switerland).

Any more questions feel free to ask away.

Cheers

Hi mate

No problem at all. You can find some pre-op pics here:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/169024-help-fue-graft-placement-combined-temporary-smp.html

In terms of getting to Heist-Op-Den-berg, you will need to catch two trains from Brussels Airport. Off the top of my head I can't remember the first station to get off at, but I have those details written down so can relay them on to you. All up though I tihnk it was about 90mins from the airport to Heist-Op.

The walk to the hotel in Heist-Op from the train station is about 15mins, and is on a nice little strip with several restaurants and a few shops.

I stayed in Brussels for two nights following the procedure, then caught the train to Paris (stayed there for 3, and then another 4 nights in Switerland).

Any more questions feel free to ask away.

Cheers

Perfect thanks mate. If you can let me know the stations that'd be awesome, if not no worries. Thanks for the link, were pretty similar with hair loss although i have pretty much no hairline but my crown is still good and looks like you were the other way around.

Ill trust the Dr with whatever he recommends, if 2500 is enough then ill be happy with that.

Think ill stay in brussels for a few nights after as well. Cheers for the info much appreciated.

Perfect thanks mate. If you can let me know the stations that'd be awesome, if not no worries. Thanks for the link, were pretty similar with hair loss although i have pretty much no hairline but my crown is still good and looks like you were the other way around.

Ill trust the Dr with whatever he recommends, if 2500 is enough then ill be happy with that.

Think ill stay in brussels for a few nights after as well. Cheers for the info much appreciated.

No worries - I'm sure you'll have plenty more questions as the procedure date approaches so feel free to contact me.

Cheers

I am planning to fly Turkey from Ireland, getting very good prices from 1500 to 2000 euros for 4000 grafts, Creve Hospital and Art Hospita.

Could you please share with me, how much does it costs to get 4000 FUE grafts from belgium? Is it very expensive?

I am planning to fly Turkey from Ireland, getting very good prices from 1500 to 2000 euros for 4000 grafts, Creve Hospital and Art Hospita.

Could you please share with me, how much does it costs to get 4000 FUE grafts from belgium? Is it very expensive?

Hey there, that sounds pretty cheap for FUE. I didnt base my decision on cost, although Dr De Reys is pretty competitive. You can find prices and all the info you need on his website

Dr De Reys | The Hair Transplant Doctor

Out of all the doctors i researched i found Dr De Reys to be the doctor I was most comfortable with and i liked the way he emphasises quality and seems to care about his patients. My dealings with him and his assistant have been great so far.

Only advice I can give is to do a lot of research, theres plenty of options out there and some really great doctors.

Good luck mate

• 1 month later...

Hi folks,

Here's an update (3 months and 4 days post-op). I am still getting a number of big pimples in the recipient area but overall things are progressing.

It would be great to hear any questions or comments!

Cheers,

5b32d8e4911be_3rdjune131.jpg.bb3aca70a8d009957852876e4e6d644e.jpg

5b32d8e49fcb6_3rdjune13leftside.jpg.e2d5664e7bd52f9304b5fa93fa19deda.jpg

5b32d8e4b8349_3rdjune13rightside.jpg.8fd5b667a2049dd13375d591f19f8cff.jpg

Donor.jpg.610ff330b354b3b7397817aebeecd78a.jpg

5b32d8e4d85ac_3rdjunecrown.jpg.2197ff32cd908f61fefe6dbc5bb7f49d.jpg

5b32d8e4f2b9c_3rdjunetop.jpg.670c403341b51372e660aaaa9ab8dc4c.jpg

I'm not sure if it's just me, but I appear to have noticed improvement in the lower crown (hairs were not transplanted here) from 5 months ago. You an notice my crown dropping in these photos, but current photos in the post above appear to show less loss.

Does anyone agree with this?

5b32d8e607cb7_18thjan13.jpg.4d876102ce4f8c6a8e8e88f4ff5e6435.jpg

5b32d8e62b813_18thjan132.jpg.e6115690ec0be79fd18b37c274ff7867.jpg

Things are looking spot on to me champ. I had less growth at 3 months and I had FUT! The next 3-4 months should be impressive and your donor looks basically untouched. Impressive.

Looking good FJ. You're lucky in that you can pull off the tight look better than a lot of other lads too. Nice to see that fungal infection is all gone. I think you could be right about the crown too, it does appear to look a bit better. What meds are you on? Also, are you taking any other supplements to aid growth (eg Minox, MSM, biotin, etc)?

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

Thanks for your comments Mickey!

Looking good FJ. You're lucky in that you can pull off the tight look better than a lot of other lads too. Nice to see that fungal infection is all gone. I think you could be right about the crown too, it does appear to look a bit better. What meds are you on? Also, are you taking any other supplements to aid growth (eg Minox, MSM, biotin, etc)?

Hi JD,

I've been on 5% minoxidil for the past 9 months (only applied at night) and was on finastride for 8 months, but I had bad side effects (contributed to depression and gave me gyno), and so for the last month have switched to Keratene Retard.

Cheers :)

• 1 month later...

Hi folks,

Here is a quick update (4 months and 1 week). My right temple is still quite patchy but seems to be improving daily. It's now been 5 weeks since I have shaved my head and this is the longest I've grown my hair in nearly 3 years. The crown is also slowly coming in. I am still using dermmatch concealer to over the thin hair.

I am very happy thus far and my confidence has greatly increases. Let's just hope growth continues over the next 6-8 months!

Will get better quality photos and pics of the crown soon.

Cheers!

front.jpg.9d6886af6c070db619d4785701b157ca.jpg

left.jpg.4ae02100411533f1d65fa8420a9fa95f.jpg

right.jpg.fd4c5c5e39a24adf24baf157f2827745.jpg

Looking great! Very interesting case because of the norwood pattern and exclusive use of FUE. Already looking great at such an early stage.

Looks really good fitness junkie. Being from Australia , I am also interested in Dr De Rey for FUE . Can you explain whether Dr De Rey did all of the manual punching and extracting , incisions and implanting and how much was performed by his wife?

My possible concern is about how long the grafts are out of the body before implantation into recipient area considering he does so much of the work himself over many hours , as some docs seem to not want the grants exposed for longer than abouy 4 hours.

Further , how long was it before your transplanted area scalp redness returned to normal?

Hey FJ, thanks for the update mate. Looking pretty sweet there, i'd be pretty happy with that too! Im off in 3 weeks to see Dr Rudi, getting bit nervous but looking forward to it. Im sure it'll come in stronger over the next few months, all the best