Dr. Parsley- results with 1/4 tab Propecia (0.25mg) daily

47 y/o WM was skeptical of the value of meds and reluctant to use them. Hair loss was rapidly becoming a NW VI. A trial was given using 1/4 tab of Propecia (0.25mg finasteride) daily along with minoxidil 5% foam twice daily. Also, alternating Head & Shoulders and Nizoral shampoo was used. Results at 1 and 2 yrs, showing all hair restoration cases don't have to be treated with surgery. Sometimes surgery can be avoided or at least delayed.

5b32d5ab95304_1-topbefore.jpg.dd680e4960edd2cac224b79830899ea2.jpg

5b32d5ababa82_2-top1yr.jpg.1b8dbaf915754cb2f3011ad4cd3b0249.jpg

5b32d5abb9653_3-top2yrs.jpg.2aa0f866adb2eeab5b4a2b245d40ae6b.jpg

5b32d5abcce29_4-Vertexbefore.jpg.73834430680ed4a3651d508aecb54e50.jpg

5b32d5ac583cf_5-Vertex1yr.jpg.5cb5b942ac588b8a320480c71f9c8099.jpg

5b32d5ac6e0f0_6-Vertex2yrs.jpg.7024401df616aee864e8de61b52c552b.jpg

Dr. Parsley is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

• 4 weeks later...

I'm surprised to find only one reply for this thread!

Thank you doctor for sharing this! I'm just wondering what his hair will look like if he increases the dosage!

This is a message for every reluctant hair sufferer who is afraid of using this drug!

Definitely, it's life saving!

Wow! Impressive turn around.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Very interesting! Great post, very worthwhile! Just wish that I had responded in a similar way. Surely this must be an extreme case? What percentage of Propecia uses respond this way?

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Great response to the meds. It's good to remind people just how effective the meds can be.

That is very impressive.

Thanks for posting Dr.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, just now seeing the responses. This patient has had no side effects. I have been primarily using this low dose (0.25gm daily) of finasteride for about 1-2 yrs. Most patients who have had side effects with higher doses have been able to tolerate this lower dose. With this type response, why use a higher dose and increase the chances of side effects? But in my 15 yrs of frequent use of finasteride I have not had one patient to my knowledge with permanent side effects.

To answer the question of grafts, I think it would take at least 3500 - 4000 grafts to get a similar result. But just as important, this will probably save him that many more if he continues the meds.

There are a couple of important points, in my opinion. The combination of Rogaine and low dose Propecia are very important, possibly allowing this low dose to be effective. The Rogaine needs to be used over the entire top of the scalp, and applied after shampooing. Also, starting treatment while there is a lot of miniaturized hair is vital. Let it go to baldness, and many of the hairs will be too far gone to revive.

Dr. Parsley is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Use low dose finasteride in combination with topical minoxidil. Works much better.

Okay I will give it a shot but how much dose of minoxidil? 5% foam twice daily.?

Edited by hairz

• 3 years later...