Stem Cell hair growth India

rattitude86

Dear 123king,

Kindly let me clear your doubts on Dr Nigam's Stemcell hair multiplication, let me inform you the future is of autologous adult stem cell multiplication of once own hair follicle stem cells. When you are talking about adipose tissue stem cell of allogenic variety (i.e. some one else stemcell from fat implanted into your scalp), for fat stem cell to convert to hair follicle is 20 years away neither it is legal anywhere in the world. It make sense to focus on our own hair stemcells for multiplication. Kindly go through my 2 replies to the questions posted by other forum members regarding my technique.

1) Since the adult stem cells used for multiplication and differentiation into hair folllicles are extracted from hair follicles from the back of the head which are in most of the cases known to be resistant to DHT, hence chances of falling like in MPB are reduced as in traditional FUE/ FUT hair transplant.

2) Our experience till now show that multiplied hair grow as thick as normal native hair on the back and side of the scalp. In our Stem Cell Hair Multiplication experience, we have observed that clients not only get new hair follicles from the activated adult stem cells but also these activated adult stem cells play a major role in activating dormant telogen hair, vellus hair and this activation of existing follicle is much more promising at present. It is to be noted that latest observation among scientific peers even as per one of your hair restoration forum blogs is that "is MPB due to inactivation of adult stem cells in mid hair follicle bulge.

3) Approximately 50% patients have excellent results, 30% have average results and unfortunately at present 20% may not have any additional hair growth. I am in the process of getting world's first movable photon microscope from the only manufacturer in the world at Berlin from Germany (with the help of this microscope, we will be able to monitor directly on the scalp as in what happens to implanted, activated stem cells after they are injected into the human scalp), till then, as we are aware adult stem cell in the hair follicle can either be used to heal or regenerate skin, epidermis or activate dormant hair follicles or differentiate and become a hair organ i.e hair follicle. When we make pricks to inject stem cells into the scalp, some stem cells or in some unfortunate cases most of the stem cells may be utilised for healing the micro wounds created by injection pricks. Another observation in unsuccessful results is that it is not the activated adult stem cell hair follicle alone but the surrounding tissue with special messenger molecular communication with the stem cell activating WNT pathway also plays an important role in forming a new hair follicle. This nature's code is gradually getting deciphered/ decoded by the research scientists. We are trying to study how mother nature creates hair follicles in a fetus when first embryonic stem cell starts getting differentiated into a hair follicle from 4 weeks onwards and by 7th to 8th month of fetal age, total no. of hair follicles are finalised for full grown adult when he/she is the the mother's womb. On a new born scalp, there are vellus hair, gradually stem cells are activated and hair becomes thicker and as the stem cells become deactivated, hair again starts thinning and become vellus hair on a bald scalp like a new born. My theory is that we were chimpanzees in the jungles before, hence we needed hair for protection. Now we are in a concrete jungle where hair is not important for survival as physical protector( rather we need highly functioning brain to survive), Hence, the blood with nutrition is getting shunted from the scalp to the brain (as when the blood is shunted to the stomach and intestines from the brain after having food and you feel sleepy)

Gradually, the hair on the scalp like the body would become vestigeal and we are noticing younger and younger adults and now even kids having thinning of hair and becoming victims of MPB.

We have already created neo-papilla hair follicle in our regenerative lab but this would be available commercially only after completion of human clinical trials as per the regulatory compliance requirement. My prediction is baldness, cure upto 90% should be available commercially by 2017 by my team or any other fellow colleague or lab.

4) Yes, it is possible in approximately 50% cases that is 1 out of 2. He might haveto take 5-6 sessions of stem cell multiplication and we will use our donor doubling technique to minimise the no. of follicles required for the same.

5) A single hair follicle has approximately 150 stem cells located at multiple locations in a hair follicle. In lay man's language, when we get a cut on the skin, it is the resident stem cells of the skin which heals the cut and makes new skin. Similarly the cycle of hair follicle from thinning to falling and again coming back is majorly because of adult stem cells in the hair follicle. If we use 200 hair follicles, we can isolate 150 into 200 that is approximately 30000 stem cells. If we multiply them in 2 cycles, they will become 120000 stem cells. At present, we have observed in successful client results upto 40000-50000 new hair visibility secondary to stimulation of dormant telogen and vellus hair and others by new hair follicle formation. There are approximately 1000000 hair on an average on human scalp. I patients with average or poor results, we repeat this process 2-6 times and then the success rate improves further.

6) We have to extract at least 200-300 hair follicles(although beared hair is the best because it has got 2 DNA and it is much thicker and it has no damage to existing beard hair because we pluck only the 1 DNA that is a part of beard hair follicle) for getiing a good colony growth of stem cells.

Regards,

Dr. Nigam

Hi All,

I have been researching the stem cell treatments for some time now and as someone had mentioned Dr. Nigams procedure I thought I would add my two bits to it. If I remember correctly I spoke to one of their clinics about 3 months ago and they were willing to provide a free hair transplant if the results of the procedure are not satisfactory. That sounded great but when I actually asked as to the success rate and the number of people who have had the procedure, I received vague responses. They did not seem convincing at all.

There are many other offering stem cell treatments, but most of them inject stem cells derived from other sources, I am guessing adipose tissue. They say the procedure requires 6-8 injections spread over a couple of months but results should be evident from the 3rd session or so. Anyone have any experience on this ??? Photographs look convincing, but one can never tell if their for real....

Another promising player in the market is someone who has developed a product called QR678. Apparently they are waiting for FDA approval and it costs a fraction of the stem cell procedure. Also an Indian doctor, operating under the name, The Esthetic Clinic. Amongst all the procedures out there, this was the only one under FDA trials that I have heard of.

I myself am confused as to whether I should go in for stem cell treatments or not. Worst case scenario they provide me with a free hair transplant, but I am completely unaware of any side effect of the procedure and I could not find much online. Most side effects relate to stem cell treatment for other ailments.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Member,

Weightloss clinics are run by my wife under the same brand name Dr Nigam, there are only 3 service lapse or product delivery complaints of 10 years of practice and those issue has been resolved with clients, there is only 1 complaint who had come for a consultation, deposited a nominal amount but did not do the procedure. We have invited her to clinic to solve the the isuse. My wife has 12 clincs and I have 5 clinics which are 10 years old, with good number of patients from 1.2 billion population from India and overseas, 4-5 complaints in the whole internet after 10 years of practice. ....!

I could see some complains against Dr. Nigam. We can find comments of some peope who visited Dr.Nigam. Go through the complete page.

(* Dr. Nigam complaint page removed by moderator*)

Dear Member,

Weightloss clinics are run by my wife under the same brand name Dr Nigam, there are only 3 service lapse or product delivery complaints of 10 years of practice and those issue has been resolved with clients, there is only 1 complaint who had come for a consultation, deposited a nominal amount but did not do the procedure. We have invited her to clinic to solve the the isuse. My wife has 12 clincs and I have 5 clinics which are 10 years old, with good number of patients from 1.2 billion population from India and overseas, 4-5 complaints in the whole internet after 10 years of practice. ....!

I could see some complains against Dr. Nigam. We can find comments of some peope who visited Dr.Nigam. Go through the complete page.

(* Dr. Nigam complaint page removed by moderator*)

Dear Member,

there is only 8 posts and they are all complaints about some weightloss thing.

At present complaints and claiming for HST are different thing. A complain comes when event is happens (past) like as you are saying, and it can be corrected in present.

But in case of claiming for HST, a Doctor is saying something at present (not is past) .

And i hope a doctor would not be fool , to create his bad image by creating his false claim.

I hope Dr Nigam will bring good results of HST , by seeing his response

nitesh

Dr nigam i would like to ask , what would be the scope of traditional strip hair transplant and and traditional FUE after 5 years after coming hair multiplication and double hair graft activation techniques???

nitesh

Dr. Nigam,

Thank you for the offer. I'd be very interested in viewing your facilities, but unfortunately, I think the geographical restrictions would make it a bit difficult.

However, I would be interested in discussing some of the February 2013 updates, so feel free to send me a private message some time in the future.

Best of luck with the interesting research!

Dear Blake,

I could provide you multiplication of adult stem cell of hair follicles with microscopic pictures of multiplication day wise by February 2013. Since we are installing new software outside the main lab connected to our laser micro scopes as normal camera photography is not permissible inside the lab due to technical reasons.

In the mean time the forum publishers are more than welcome to visit our lab and witness the multiplication and differentiation of the adult stem cell of hair follicle.

I can also show you the picture of actual formation of the new papilla hair formation in vitro in the lab once I get the permission from the publisher of the forum to post these pictures.

l

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Dear Nitesh,looking at my own experience,[ i will be meeting TSUJI team of japan,had personal meeting with dr roland lauster,talking to dr prasad partner of dr hitzig of acell,and meeting one on one with researchers across the globe,with wnt hsc of hitogen]....my intuition says by 2017 ,we should have MPB cure upto 90%.I am lucky with cure friendly regulations in asia,that i am able to offer certain level of hair activation and multiplication.And another advantage is, we are clinic based company,we need not wait for allogenic packed product to be made available across market,hence we can offer our services through clinics under the monitoring of doctors and thus little relaxed regulations..with which.we can find solutions faster,even with less financial expenses being late than some big corporations...! in my clinic at present itself fue and strip methods are getting less willingness from my patients and encouraging response for SHM,and we are slowly phasing out these techniques...as opposed to the opinion of forum publishers my experience was better with fue than strip method...i forsee reduction of strip method by 80%and reduction of fue work by 50% in next 5yrs..........lets wait and watch..!

Dr Nigam i would like to ask , what would be the scope of traditional strip hair transplant and and traditional FUE after 5 years after coming hair multiplication and double hair graft activation techniques???

Sure blake..!

dear blake,

i could provide you multiplication of adult stem cell of hair follicles with microscopic pictures of multiplication day wise by february 2013. Since we are installing new software outside the main lab connected to our laser micro scopes as normal camera photography is not permissible inside the lab due to technical reasons.

In the mean time the forum publishers are more than welcome to visit our lab and witness the multiplication and differentiation of the adult stem cell of hair follicle.

I can also show you the picture of actual formation of the new papilla hair formation in vitro in the lab once i get the permission from the publisher of the forum to post these pictures.

L

Dear drnigam

Thank you very much for detailed reply to my questions in the other post.

As a hairloss sufferer at a young age, I'm very interested in your research so I have some more questions

1-İs stemcell treatment cheaper than traditional hair transplants?

2-İs it possible to use this treatment in every area of the scalp including temples?

3-You said beard is better beause it is thicker and it has got 2 DNA - Will beard originated hairs behave like normal hair and also contain multiple hairs like a normal follicular unit ?

4-Can stemcell treatment be used directly for facial hair ? instead of beard transplant

5-How do you determine the direction and angle of new hairs without seeing them?

6-Can this treatment be used on a healty but naturally sparse haired scalp just for thickening purpose?

my english is not very good so if there's anything you've explained in your previous answers, you can ignore them

Thanks

Dear Nitesh,looking at my own experience,[ i will be meeting TSUJI team of japan,had personal meeting with dr roland lauster,talking to dr prasad partner of dr hitzig of acell,and meeting one on one with researchers across the globe,with wnt hsc of hitogen]....my intuition says by 2017 ,we should have MPB cure upto 90%.I am lucky with cure friendly regulations in asia,that i am able to offer certain level of hair activation and multiplication.And another advantage is, we are clinic based company,we need not wait for allogenic packed product to be made available across market,hence we can offer our services through clinics under the monitoring of doctors and thus little relaxed regulations..with which.we can find solutions faster,even with less financial expenses being late than some big corporations...! in my clinic at present itself fue and strip methods are getting less willingness from my patients and encouraging response for SHM,and we are slowly phasing out these techniques...as opposed to the opinion of forum publishers my experience was better with fue than strip method...i forsee reduction of strip method by 80%and reduction of fue work by 50% in next 5yrs..........lets wait and watch..!

Hi Dr Nigam,

Good to see you here in the forum and it's very nice to see your timely comments. After seeing your comments I was thinking to meet you and was planning to undergo SHM in coming months. But, by the above quoted comments of yours, do you mean to say that this procedure still takes 5 years for betterment?

Moreover, I'm in my 30 & VII phase and was wondering how the results would be for me.

Also, being spent so many years hopelessly and deceived by some hair clinics, I'm unable to gain confidence on this method of hair restoration but I'm at the same time so excited to know if this really works and would rush to take it up if it's really effective.

thank you!

Hi Dr Nigam

Its being nice to see you on this forum.

I m confused to go for Stem Cell or FUE , as you have said Hair Stem cell multiplication has a success ratio of 50% and i m planning to go for hair transplant in coming month or two , so at this point of time i think it is very risky to go for Stem Cell.

Dear Krshonkush,yes it's true, success rate will gradually improve,but for the fortunate ones it's an amazing experience to see new tiny hair sprouting out as early as one or two months, even in NW7.

Hi Dr Nigam,

Good to see you here in the forum and it's very nice to see your timely comments. After seeing your comments I was thinking to meet you and was planning to undergo SHM in coming months. But, by the above quoted comments of yours, do you mean to say that this procedure still takes 5 years for betterment?

Moreover, I'm in my 30 & VII phase and was wondering how the results would be for me.

Also, being spent so many years hopelessly and deceived by some hair clinics, I'm unable to gain confidence on this method of hair restoration but I'm at the same time so excited to know if this really works and would rush to take it up if it's really effective.

thank you!

Dear rattitude, the forum policy, does not permit to discuss anything directly or indirectly to promote self.YOUR TREATMENT PLAN DEPENDS ON UR NW classification,donor area,your expectation,time period of results etc.regards drnigam.

Its being nice to see you on this forum.

I m confused to go for Stem Cell or FUE , as you have said Hair Stem cell multiplication has a success ratio of 50% and i m planning to go for hair transplant in coming month or two , so at this point of time i think it is very risky to go for Stem Cell.

Dear rattutude86

Please find the picture of our patients (Mr. Pradeep Ajgaonkar) with post 4 months amazing results of hair multiplication on my website in before-after section

(promotional link removed)

Best regards

Dr. Nigam

Hi ,

I m bit confused about the hair stem cell multiplication procedure provided by Dr Nigams . I went to there clinic to acquire some more information about it .

They told me its two stage procedure at first stage they take my 500 hair follicle and multiply it in there lab like 500 follicle will lead to 1lakh hairs and in second stage they will inject it all on my head after 20 days.

Overall procedure will cost me around 2lakh rupees.

when i raise my doubt whether it will give me results or not they said results are 100%.

so my concern is whether to go for it or not??

Is there is anyone who has gone under the procedure? please share your experience.

thanks

Yes indeed it's nice to see you here Dr. Nigam.

I have one main question: How is your procedure different from Acell + PRP injections being done all over the world right now? You're talking about hair duplication right? If you're taking 200-300 grafts and multiplicating this into thousands, to my knowledge no one does this right now.

This is why a lot of people might be reluctant since you'd be kind of the first to do this. No one has said they were being able to do this before.

Usually if someone comes up with a new procedure, other doctors will be quick in implementing it as well. To my knowledge there isn't a doctor offering hair duplication right now so people might be hesitant to believe what you are offering.

So I personally would love you to elaborate on what you're doing exactly and how that is related to current technology we know about (PRP, Acell, stemcells).

E.g. what do you use to duplicate hair?

I'll be in India in the next few months. I could come visit your facilities.

Thanks

Will reply tommorow Brody

I have one main question: How is your procedure different from Acell + PRP injections being done all over the world right now? You're talking about hair duplication right? If you're taking 200-300 grafts and multiplicating this into thousands, to my knowledge no one does this right now.

This is why a lot of people might be reluctant since you'd be kind of the first to do this. No one has said they were being able to do this before.

Usually if someone comes up with a new procedure, other doctors will be quick in implementing it as well. To my knowledge there isn't a doctor offering hair duplication right now so people might be hesitant to believe what you are offering.

So I personally would love you to elaborate on what you're doing exactly and how that is related to current technology we know about (PRP, Acell, stemcells).

Thanks

Hey guys, I'm looking into this as well ...Chances have it Ill be in Bombay/Mumbai just after christmas . I believe thats where this clinic is.

Ive been in contact with the Dr Nigam , if I can arrange something with him I will most certainly share my experience with photos/write up ect...get to the bottom of it. Since Ive previously had a transplant im curious to see how we can benifit from this , if at all . Also im curious to see his Fue work as well .

anyways ... Ill fill you guys in as things progress.

Brody,

"Hair Duplication" (autocloning) refers to a technique where partial grafts (containing bulge stem cells, but not the dermal papilla/hair matrix stem cells) are "plucked" from the back of the scalp (in an FUE-like fashion), treated with the ACell Matristem formula, and implanted into the areas of balding scalp. Allegedly, the Acell formula contains growth elements that will allow the body to form a fully functional follicle around the partial follicular unit graft. By doing this, the surgeon creates two grafts from one (as both the partial implanted graft and the portion left behind in the donor region will create fully functional follicles).

Interestingly enough, there is some evidence suggesting that as long as the partial graft contains the upper bulge stem cells, it will function as a normal follicle without any additional help.

PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) is simply an injection of the patient's own platelet-enriched blood serum into the scalp. Allegedly, the PRP (which has been used in Sports Medicine and Orthopedics as a healing agent for years) contains signaling factors that create new hair growth.

Hope this helps!

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

1)stem cell treatment should not be expensive only if there is competition and not monopoly. ,I do not take advantage of monopoly at present,since for me pioneering and improving results with large number of patients is a better option.btw in India volumes are better option to grow2)yes ,but results are better, if. injected in any part of scalp where some dormant telogen follicles still exist.3)beard hair are good for thickness and for those who have poor donor .4)have not yet injected a patien with beared stem cells to the face,but its a good thought, will definitely do a study on that5) at present most of the new hair growth is secondary to dormant telogen activation,so hair angle is not altered in that case.I have not seen any unnatural hair groth after stemcell HM injection even if it is blind, when all your hair follicles are formed in the womb of your mother when u were 6 to 7 months ,hair grows in respect to a particular angle to the surface of the respective area of scalp,so that to protect u the follicle muscle pull it up to 90degree angle to the surface of scalp,what is nomally called hair rasing..!.6)it's a very good option for thinning scalp. regards dr nigam

Dear drnigam

Thank you very much for detailed reply to my questions in the other post.

As a hairloss sufferer at a young age, I'm very interested in your research so I have some more questions

1-İs stemcell treatment cheaper than traditional hair transplants?

2-İs it possible to use this treatment in every area of the scalp including temples?

3-You said beard is better beause it is thicker and it has got 2 DNA - Will beard originated hairs behave like normal hair and also contain multiple hairs like a normal follicular unit ?

4-Can stemcell treatment be used directly for facial hair ? instead of beard transplant

5-How do you determine the direction and angle of new hairs without seeing them?

6-Can this treatment be used on a healty but naturally sparse haired scalp just for thickening purpose?

my english is not very good so if there's anything you've explained in your previous answers, you can ignore them

Thanks

Dear Brody,Pending clearance of my post on this forum ,i have replied to your querry on HS forum under Dr Nigams world's first stemcell hair multiplication clinic.

Thanks

Dr. Nigam,

I think we're saying the same thing with regard to Dr. Gho's technique/Particular Longitudinal Follicular Unit Extraction. I'm not claiming it has anything to do with multiplying stem cells or reactivating dormant follicles. He simply uses a technique to separate the two areas of stem cell activity within a hair follicle (the bulge cells and the dermal papilla/hair matrix cells) and implant one region in the recipient area, and leaves the other behind in the donor region.

Because certain studies have indicated that both regions of stem cell activity are capable of creating a regular cycling hair follicle, the surgeon has effectively created two follicles from one. Most patients refer to this phenomenon as a "universal donor procedure," because the precious donor supply is preserved during the extraction process.

Frankly, I think this will be the "wave of the future." However, in my mind, one important variable remains: is any special growth serum needed to fully induce activity in the bulge stem cells after implantation? In an ACell procedure, this is supposedly what the porcine bladder extract does (when ACell is used in conjunction with the "plucking" or "hair duplication" technique), and Dr. Gho uses a fairly extensive medium when implanting as well (which he describes in his Journal of Dermatological Surgery article), but it's not clear whether or not this is necessary.

I've spoken with several surgeons who believe simply separating the bulge stem cells and implanting these partial grafts without any sort of special treatment will still lead to terminal follicles in the recipient region. Now, this may sound more simple than a process involving a growth medium treatment, but I personally think it would take a lot of work with new tools and possibly even a new FUE-like technique before really being reproducible on a satisfactory scale.

Dear Brody,

Let me try to explain to you different techniques of hair

transplantation.

1) Stem Cell Hair Multiplication- After taking out approximately 300

grafts from back or side of your scalp, these grafts are sent to GMP certified

regenerative lab wherein Stem Cells in the hair follicle in the bulge,

dermal papillae, matrix, outer root sheath are first isolated from rest

of the hair follicle multiplied for approximately a month, also nourished

and activated by specific growth factors and injected back to your bald and

thinning hair scalp in the form of a solution with a very fine needle.

This is what my clinic is offering first time in the world. Aderans will most

probably offer the same in 3-4 yrs from now with some modifications in

the process of multiplication or will use a biopsy to extract hair instead

of FUE. Aderans call their process JI GAMI Hair Multiplication process. We

both use autologous (that is your own hair stem cells). We both use

serum free growth factors which are antigen free, hence less chances of

untoward effect. Aderans are in their second phase of clinical trials in U.S.

Unlike both of us, Histogen is trying to develop a product in a while which is

allogenic (that means not from your own stem cells). Histogens clinical

trials are happening in U.S and pan-asia clinical trials in singapore.

Dr.Nigam, Aderans and Histogen also differ a little bit in the types of

stem cell they use from hair follicle and the material they use to

activate and multiply stem cells. Since histogen wants to develop a product to be

sold worldwide, hence their product comes under drug category, hence

they have to go through long clinical trials and approval in different

continents. You must be wondering, how come Dr.Nigam is offering hair

multiplication in 2012 and Aderans is still few years away! This is

because of cure-friendly softer regulations for Stem Cell processes offered in

small scale which permit smaller clinical trials with special consent

form for research and therapy under the guidelines and guidance of

institutional ethics committee of stem cell research and therapy provided the process

is not marketed as product wherein it has to undergo a similar drug trial.

We are starting our next phase of clinical trials in Feb.2013. I have not

disclosed my findings or any other thing what I just disclosed right now

in the forum and fifteen days back in another forum. I am waiting to improve my results further in coming

months and in 2013, I ll be presenting my scientific findings on stem

cell hair multiplication. But unfortunately,due to difference in regulations

in certain countries, specially the western world, I will not be able to

offer SHM in these countries except in the form of 'hair tourism' with free

return hair ticket to India and certain countries in Asia.

2) Activation of hair stem cells and activation of dormant hair follicles -

I remove 100-200 hair grafts by FUE from the back of your scalp, isolate

the stem cells, nourish and activate them and on the same day within few

hours inject them back to your scalp without multiplication. A cell, a

U.S based company in Atlanta uses porcine urinary bladder, extra cellular

matrix and have come out with an injectable product called A Cell which

is injected to your scalp and it is believed to activate your hair stem

cells. A Cell has not got full U.S FDA approval but certain FDA allowances. A

Cell company provides these injections only to few selected doctors in U.S

that is Dr. Hitzig, Dr.Cooley and others because they want their product to

be under safe and renowned hands or before it becomes popular due to

improper use if poor results come or side effects occur, A Cell may lose its

reputation. There is a guy in Korea who is using electrostatic machine

to stimulate hair stem cells who recently visited my clinic.

3) Donor doubling technique - This was started by Dr.Gho few years back

based on certain scientific research papers of other scientist whose

references can be found on his scientific published papers for the same.

Dear Blake, donor doubling technique has nothing to do with stem cell

hair mutiplication or stem cell hair activation because unless stem cells are

isolated with biological markers, magnetic beading system and special

reagents in a GMP certified lab which Dr.Gho does not have in Amsterdam,

stem cell just cannot be activated. What Dr.Gho is doing is cutting the

follicular unit vertically due his triple wave punch and needle and

cutting the follicle unit blindly wherein the major part of the follicle unit is

still in the dermis of the patients scalp. So one follicular unit becomes

2 follicular unit and the other follicular unit is transplanted into the

recipients site. The reason why the cut hair follicular unit grows in

the recipients scalp is because it contains the stem cells and surrounding

tissues in sufficient quantity and quality to regrow the broken hair

follicular unit. In my donor doubling technique, I use combination of

two techniques,

A) I just remove the three-fourth of hair follicle from the donor's

scalp and one-fourth of the hair follicle is still in the donor's scalp. B) I

remove the donor hair follicle unit with surrounding tissue by FUE or

mini FUT and separate distal one-fourth hair root with dermal papilla and

surrounding tissue and remove proximal three-fourth hair follicle with

bulge plus outer root sheath plus surrounding tissue and implant the two

separately on the recipient area. Both myself and Dr.Gho use special

preservation media, so that we can nourish the grafts and try to

activate by whatever source we have on to these bisected follicular units before

we implant them on different recipient sites.you can refer two reseach

papers on my site on donor doubling on which is based my doubling.do not

confuse donor doubling with stem cell hair multiplication.

3) FUT and FUE with little variations from different surgeons ,

dermats,and different equipment manufacturers.and other techniques are discussed in

detail in the hrn forums and site.

regards dr nigam

Edited by drnigam

Hi Dr. Nigam,

1) I read that beard hair are better as they are thicker and grow long. How about pubic hair? They are even better than the beard ones.

2) What about stem cell resulting into a tumour/cancer in near future?