Donor area shaved all the way down after HST

aim4hair

Hello guys,

Before going into the HT path, i was always looking for pics of shaved donor areas post HTs since i always keep my hair buzzed and all i needed is to work on the midront and hairline for now to frame my face since my hair line was almost completly gone, but i never found a post with detailed post op donor pics which made me always hesitate to move forward. after alot of research i was convinced that HST is for me and went for it, below is how my donor look like post op, I had 2080 graft done.... All pictures were taking with 12 megapixel cam with flash:

1) Pre op - teken in the clinic after they shaved my donor before op:

11806.jpg

2) Post op - in the clinic, right after HST:

11807.jpg

3) One week post op - before any haircut:

11808.jpg

4) Almost 5 weeks post op (with clippers with no guard, the shortest you can go before razor):

11799.jpg

Edited by aim4hair

Thanks for sharing! I think we're all eager to see an HST result unfold from start to finish.

Are you planning on sharing any images of the implantation site?

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Very cool! Please give us more details like how the hairline was designed(conservative or low), Gho's waiting times for procedure and any other details please.

I'd also like to follow your progress from start to finish. Do you have pics from the front? Do you have pre-op pics of your hair before shaving down?

Thanks for sharing! I think we're all eager to see an HST result unfold from start to finish.

Are you planning on sharing any images of the implantation site?

it's too early to judge about the recepient area yet, but yeah i will add more photos.

Very cool! Please give us more details like how the hairline was designed(conservative or low), Gho's waiting times for procedure and any other details please.

This is how my hairline looks like:

11815.jpg

Waiting time was initially around 7 months but i was on waiting list and got an appointment earlier, so all i had to wait was around 2 months.

it's too early to judge about the recepient area yet, but yeah i will add more photos.

Definitely. However, I was simply wondering what the immediate post-operative, implanted front looked like.

Additionally, from the research I've conducted, it seems like HST results mature slightly faster than FUT/FUE results (allegedly), so it will be interesting to see what you look like around the 4 month mark.

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Nice. Do you plan on keeping a shaved head real low? To be fair, and it is only 5 weeks I can see the scarring (and I can't tell if it is scarring I am seeing or just the gaps of missing hair), but I was looking for it. I don't think anyone would notice. Very very good looking donor area, probably the cleanest I've seen. This looks like a nice procedure for someone that wants to share their head to a zero but wants a hairline.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Nice. Do you plan on keeping a shaved head real low? To be fair, and it is only 5 weeks I can see the scarring (and I can't tell if it is scarring I am seeing or just the gaps of missing hair), but I was looking for it. I don't think anyone would notice. Very very good looking donor area, probably the cleanest I've seen. This looks like a nice procedure for someone that wants to share their head to a zero but wants a hairline.

Could be minor shockloss or missing follicles, too early to tell. One thing is for sure, after 2,000 grafts extracted his donor looks absolutely stellar. Certainly better than 2,000 extracted FUE donor. However the yield is still questionable. Very promising, please keep us informed.

Could be minor shockloss or missing follicles, too early to tell. One thing is for sure, after 2,000 grafts extracted his donor looks absolutely stellar. Certainly better than 2,000 extracted FUE donor. However the yield is still questionable. Very promising, please keep us informed.

I agree. Best harvested donor I have seen

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

What's amazing is that Dr. Gho uses .5mm or .6mm punches which is a world away from the .75mm-.9mm punches used by the worlds best FUE doctors and not only manages to seemingly avoid transection, but also regenerates the follicle after extraction. He has stumbled across the Holy Grail of hair transplantation it seems. How he extracts a follicle with a .5mm punch at the stem cell allowing it to regenerate whilst avoiding transection is a mystery.

Aim4hair, did Dr. Gho personally do your procedure? Did he do all the extractions, incisions etc? How was he in person? Reason I ask is because on their website it states they have 4 different clinics that do HST so I thought Dr. Gho couldn't do all the procedures himself?

View Spanker's Website

What's amazing is that Dr. Gho uses .5mm or .6mm punches which is a world away from the .75mm-.9mm punches used by the worlds best FUE doctors and not only manages to seemingly avoid transection, but also regenerates the follicle after extraction. He has stumbled across the Holy Grail of hair transplantation it seems. How he extracts a follicle with a .5mm punch at the stem cell allowing it to regenerate whilst avoiding transection is a mystery.

Aim4hair, did Dr. Gho personally do your procedure? Did he do all the extractions, incisions etc? How was he in person? Reason I ask is because on their website it states they have 4 different clinics that do HST so I thought Dr. Gho couldn't do all the procedures himself?

I'm fairly certain the reason he uses such a small punch is either because: a. the technique is focused on "plucking" individual hair shafts or b. He's extracting one portion of an entire follicular unit (i.e. removing 1 hair from a 2 hair FU, 2 hairs from a 3 hair FU, etc).

According to Dr. Gho, the original comment is true; Dr. Gho utilizes a small punch to remove the portion of the follicle containing the "bulge stem cell" (which is on the shaft itself) and leaves the dermal papilla portion at the inferior cup of the follicular unit. I feel like if he went up to a 1.0 or even .08 mm punch, the tool would remove the entire follicular unit and the procedure would simply be FUE.

Thnks for your comment Spanker, if you see my pre op pic you will see that i already had some gaps pre op.

Accoring to HASCI it takes 9 months for the donor area to fully heal and regnerate, this is why HASCI require 9 months between sessions if you decide to opt for multiple sessions.

I don't know if i have any scars now but they definitely not visible to the naked eyes, i do have some pimples though, that's why there is redness in some spots but even the redness is not really visible without the camera flash. nobody could tell that I had anything done even the ones who knew that i had an HST can't tell that my donor looks any diffrence than it did before (except for the little pimples) and i shave my head with no guards now just like i used to do pre op.

Edited by aim4hair

Yeah there are diffrent doctors in HASCI but i did it with Dr. Gho himself, he was very confident and professional, and this is how the procedure went:

• One technician did the extraction.

• Dr. Gho did the hair line and the holes.

• 2 technicians at a time placed the grafts.

During that time Dr. Gho was in and out supervising the whole thing.

• 1 month later...

Hi aim4hair

Donor area looks great

Question I have is do you have any pictures of the recipient area?

I am on verge of getting any fue but if dr gho method works just as well then it's a no brainer

If u could let us know how the transplanted hairs are doing?

That would really help me and possibly others in the decision to hold of fue and go with hst

Thanks

I was wondering, are patients advised against using blade to completely shave their hair regularly post op? Are clippers with no guard the shortest you can go? Becuase I figure after surgery I'd like to keep going completely bald for about 6 months post op and then grow my hair out completely.

I checked out Dr. Gho's (HASCI/HST) website. While the procedure method seems to be a benefit to the donor area of the patient, I wasn't left very impressed by the results in the recipient area. Although, to be fair, most of the results shown (if not all) were taken from the nine month mark in the recovery process.

• 8 months later...

I was planning an FUE before I stumbled across this amazing discussion forum. I have been reading it for last 2-3 days so as not put a stupid question.

Aimforhair: It has been around 9 months now. Can you please post few pictures of your recipient area?

• 2 weeks later...
I was planning an FUE before I stumbled across this amazing discussion forum. I have been reading it for last 2-3 days so as not put a stupid question.

Aimforhair: It has been around 9 months now. Can you please post few pictures of your recipient area?

Might be worth shooting him a private message, if this site allows that. I would but I dont know how.