Current Facts: Beard FUE (Carlos K. Wesley, M.D.)

Billena

Based on recent publications, this video provides an overview of beard to scalp follicular unit extraction (FUE). Highlights include statistics related to graft survival, beard hair caliber (versus that of scalp), and length of transplanted hair (beard versus scalp).

Edited by Billena

Billena,

Thanks for sharing this interesting and informative video. We get a number of question about these types of procedures and it will be a great resource to refer to.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

cool , im pleased more Drs are offering this to patients , im having my third procedure to repair my massive strip scarring tommorrow with Dr Bisanga who has been utilising beard hair successfully for a number of years now

Im glad more and more Drs are looking at this tried and trusted method rather than the usual annual/ latest thing / treatment/procedure that usually ends in complete failure

I would dissagree with the %yeild quote though , as my yeild is more in the region of over 90% , perhaps thats due to Dr Bisanga , or his .8mm manual punch and not an automated version

regards

ej

EJ, Talking about Beard hair transplant, you are the superstar in this forum. I wonder how your scar looks now with all these beard grafts placed in it? Can you update us buddy? Beard hair into scar is my next step after the scar revision for sure... :-)

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Mickey 85, Here are the links of EJ, He is a victim of ACell...

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/160800-scar-repair-1032-beard-hairs-dr-bisanga.html

My Hair Treatments:

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Mickey 85, Here are the links of EJ, He is a victim of ACell...

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/160800-scar-repair-1032-beard-hairs-dr-bisanga.html

Thanks Hariri but ej has taken off the pictures it seems.

Oh, that's strange!!! Why is that ej? Is there any reason why you removed all the pics?

My Hair Treatments:

I noticed the pics are removed as well. I am seriously considering beard hair into my 7mm scar so would love to see pics as well.

Using Propecia since 1997

Using Rogaine Foam once a day since 2012

Using Niazoral 2% once a week since 2012

This video is great! Thanks for sharing. I'm looking forward to the chest to scalp video. Any idea if we will see leg hair video as well? I know Dr. Umar did a hair line with leg hair. Looked good.

Using Propecia since 1997

Using Rogaine Foam once a day since 2012

Using Niazoral 2% once a week since 2012

I'm glad you are enjoying these informative videos. Hopefully, they are providing some pretty objective info without terrifying anyone due to the actual surgical footage!

Our office will try to put the chest/abdomen-to-scalp FUE video out next week once the recent data and footage are sorted through.

Leg FUE? Hmmm. We'll get to that in time...

Dr. Umar is a very confident Doctor when it comes BHT. I think he is the best out there in this technique. BHT in my opinion is very important for previous HT vicitms and for others who didnt reach satisfaction after using their donor and for HT patients who want to cover their strip scar without using their precious donor. Good Video SHYGUY.

My Hair Treatments:

Good Luck ej, Good to hear that. But why did your remove your photos from your previous thread? It was really useful for anyone who wants to do Beard FUE into scar :-(

My Hair Treatments:

Hi Harry

I thought they showed a little too much of my face than i was comfortable with , i removed them thinking i could scrub out more of my face with microsoft paint , then found i couldnt put them back ! Will stick them all back up , hopefully they will help people with there research

all the best

ej

• 2 months later...

Awesome....really glad to see these videos, as I think BHT is very fascinating! Thanks for sharing with the community!!

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

• 5 months later...

We use a 0.8mm SAFE Scribe for most beard FUE. When the RPMs are turned down most of the way the transection rate is extremely low as the tip doesn't cut the follicle bulb, but rather encloses it within the cylinder prior to extraction.

The figures (e.g. graft yield) in our video are to reflect the published works of various surgeons in our field. Certainly there will be variation based on not only punch size, but storage solution, graft out of the body time, and graft handling technique used.

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Hmm... somewhat disappointing as I was hoping to use my back hair for fill in since I'd like to get rid of my back hair anyway, but this video says that the survival rate is worse than bard and chest hair. It might not be worth trying that then.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.