More than 10,620 hairs(5485 grafts) with Dr Wong in 1 Session! Thank You Dr Wong!

Drew35

I had my hair transplant surgery with Dr Wong on May 14 and I am one happy man.

I am a significant Norwood 6 and was praying that Dr Wong would be able to get as many hairs as possible.

Mike Ferko picked me up at the airport and took me to the Hasson and Wong Clinic. I met Joe, Doug, Dr Hasson, and Dr Wong.

All are very nice guys and fun to talk to. Dr Wong is more demure and Dr Hasson is more gregarious. I think they are a good counter-balance for each other.

Joe and Doug both made me feel comfortable when I got there.

I would like to tell Mike Ferko "THANK YOU" for doing a great job at presenting the facts and asking ME to do my homework before choosing a clinic, and I'm glad I did.

Mike was alot of fun to hang out with. He is a very outgoing guy, with a fantastic sense of humor, who makes you feel comfortable immediately.

Dr Wong said I had great donor Density and average laxity except for one side. On my left side he was able to get 2.0 cm strip. In middle and right side he got 1.6 cm strips.

Before we had a definite graft count Dr Wong went about half way back on the scalp. When we found out he got 5485 grafts he went back

farther into the crown, which was a BONUS. I have to admit when I heard this news I got a little teary eyed as I realized I am not going to be a "bald guy" anymore.

Dr Wong is such a nice and humble guy you would never know what a pioneer this guy is(The creator of the Lateral Slit Incision!).

It also took Dr Wong almost 2 hours to complete my donor extraction.

Dr Wong uses a SINGLE BLADE to extract the donor site, which takes more time and causes less damage to grafts.

I urge everyone to educate themselves on what kind of blade a hair tranpslant surgeon uses for the donor extraction.

My wife and I leave for vacation today so I wanted to get these posted before we leave.

Thanks so much Dr Wong!

Here are my before, during, and after hair transplant photos:

HassonandWongBeforeFront.jpg

HassonandWongBeforeTop.jpg

HassonandWongBeforeSide.jpg

HassonandWongBeforeBackTop.jpg

HassonandWongShavedSide.jpg

HassonandWongShavedleftside.jpg

HassonandWongSurgery.jpg

HassonandWongImediatelyPostSurgery.jpg

HassonandWongImmediatelyPostSurgery.jpg

HassonandWongImmediatelyPostSurg-1.jpg

-

1st Transplant: 5,485 grafts with Dr Jerry Wong

2nd Transplant: 3,100 grafts with Dr Jerry Wong

3rd Transplant: 5,035 grafts with Dr Sanusi Umar

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Wong

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great News for you! I'm really glad that your procedure was a great.......

I head out Monday and have procedure Wednesday with Wong.......

Hope I can get the same amount as you!

Best of luck during you healing and stay in touch if you want as we will both be on the same schedule of recovery......

Have a great vacation!

Drew,

That's one heck of a nice looking hair transplant. I know we can all relate to the emotional ride we all face during our hair restoration journey, especially the tears of joy when we realize we're no longer going to be bald :-).

Congratulations, heal well, and keep us posted :-).

Bill

Guest wanthairs

drew-----we are one day going to call you bobman-------try getting a 2nd procedure 18 months from now to produce what may look like a full restoration...

congrats

We just checked into our hotel and I have an internet connection.

I just wanted to tell everyone thanks for your nice comments.

I appreciate it very much.

I will update as much as possible and hopefully get to my blog sooner than later. icon_smile.gif

-

Originally posted by balody:

i'm looking forward to this one!

I can't wait to show my family next year. icon_smile.gif

I have worn a hat everyday for the last 11 years and I didn't tell them I was having this done.

I am going to show up at a family event, without my hat, and just surprise them all. icon_smile.gif

-

Originally posted by Drew35:

I have to admit when I heard this news I got a little teary eyed as I realized I am not going to be a "bald guy" anymore...I have worn a hat everyday for the last 11 years

Reading something like this makes me realize how adversely hair loss affects ALL men who go through it. Sometimes I forget this, because friends & family members (who aren't going through it themselves) don't realize how significant it is to me personally. Those who aren't suffering from it really have no idea how much it bothers those of us who are. It's heart warming to hear your candidness; it sounds as though you already felt liberated the day of surgery, as did I. I truly wish you the best results, and you chose one of the worlds finest surgeons.

Congrats.

Delicately helping those fragile souls who suffer from hair loss, w/motherly nourishment & care.

My question is, if this man can get 5k grafts or 10k hairs from his donor what result can someone have with the same amount of grafts doing just the front third and how natural will it look?

Originally posted by lostandgone:

Hey Drew.

Amazing transplant, top doc, satisfied to the limit,,, what more could one ask for..

looking forward to your updates... keep 'em growing...

Thanks LG!

-

Originally posted by Ron J:
Originally posted by Drew35:

I have to admit when I heard this news I got a little teary eyed as I realized I am not going to be a "bald guy" anymore...I have worn a hat everyday for the last 11 years

Reading something like this makes me realize how adversely hair loss affects ALL men who go through it. Sometimes I forget this, because friends & family members (who aren't going through it themselves) don't realize how significant it is to me personally. Those who aren't suffering from it really have no idea how much it bothers those of us who are. It's heart warming to hear your candidness; it sounds as though you already felt liberated the day of surgery, as did I. I truly wish you the best results, and you chose one of the worlds finest surgeons.

Congrats.

Thanks Ron!

I am going to have my wife bring her camera so we can get the expression on my family's face.

LOL! icon_smile.gif

Did you do anything special to aid in your recovery after your transplant?

-

Originally posted by Mane Attraction:

Your post-op result looks fantastic, Drew. You must be rapt with that coverage!

You had your HT exactly one week after I did, so I'll be interested in seeing how you progress along the same timeline! Happy growing. icon_smile.gif

Thanks Mane!

I tried to check out your webblog, but it wouldn't work. Have they not fixed that feature?

Happy growing to you as well bud!

-

Originally posted by Eman:

That is awesome Drew!! Look forward to following your progress...so, keep us updated!! At six months you won't recognize yourself and it only gets better from there.

Your family will be super surprised when you take the hat off.

Thanks Eman!

I can't wait until December. It's going to be Christmas! Literally! LOL! icon_smile.gif

-

Originally posted by hairraising:

My question is, if this man can get 5k grafts or 10k hairs from his donor what result can someone have with the same amount of grafts doing just the front third and how natural will it look?

Dr Wong is an ethical surgeon and would never try to get that many grafts packed into the front third. He would want to save grafts for possible future hairloss.

I have never seen an unnatural looking hairline done by Dr Wong.

So you can't go wrong with Wong. LOL! icon_smile.gif

-

Some might see this as mega-session. Given the excellent coverage, I think we could safely call it a giga-session!

Congratulations Drew on a big decision and choosing a top doc. Heal well and enjoy your vacation. I really look forward to seeing you transform over the coming months.

17 Feb 09 - 3,200 FUs by strip surgery (Dr Feller)

My Hair Loss Website