Generic Minoxidil Foam at Costco

Hey guys,

I just got back from Costco and found that they are now selling the new generic minoxidil foam. The best part? Only 48.99 for 6 bottles!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Thanks for sharing, Dave!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Great news Dave! That's the same price for only 3 bottles of the brand name stuff, so the generic is half price.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Anyone know if Costco in the UK stock it?

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

The ingredients of the new generic foam are as follows...

Active ingredient: minoxidil 5%

Inactive ingredients: butane, butylated hydroxytoluene, cetyl alcohol, citric acid, dehydrated alcohol, isobutane, lactic acid, polysorbate 60, propane, purified water, stearyl alcohol.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Thanks for sharing. Honestly speaking, I was always skeptical with using Rogaine liquid formula in the morning as it screws the hair style and make the hair looks brittle but when the Foam came, it made me never think about appearance. Its really perfect and works as hair mousse. Unfortunately its not available in the Middle East as the liquid one which pushes me to order online always. Its very pleasing to know that there is a generic foam minoxidil, if I was in US I will be definitely a long term customer. Foam rocks.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

I have found some Kirkland foam on fleabay has anyone tried this?

Kirkland's liquid Minoxidil is highly rated, so I imagine their foam is just as good. Kirkland products are made by Perrigo, one of the largest generic pharmaceutical companies in the world.

Edited by RCWest

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Has anyone switched to Kirkland Foam( from Rogain Foam) and seen increased hair loss ?

I have been using Kirkland once a day and Rogaine once a day and have beeen noticing more hairs on my fingers when applying than in the past.

I've been doing ths for about 3 months now. It seems Rogaine was got more expensive as I used to be able to get it for $13 a bottle on Amazon shipped.

I would love to switch to Kirkland as it's quite a bit cheaper and I use 2 bottles a month as I have had regrowth crown to hairline on foam.

Thanks

• 6 months later...

Has anyone purchased Kirkland's foam online at Amazon?

I want to make sure it is not expired or has decreased efficacy due to heat or overstocking, etc....!?

http://www.amazon.com/NEW-Minoxidil-Treatment-Uncented-Ingredient/dp/B007Z75H0Y/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1398122873&sr=8-4&keywords=minoxidil

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.

Has anyone purchased Kirkland's foam online at Amazon?

I doubt you find it anyplace cheaper that Costco. They have it regular for $44 I think and once a year for $39 where I buy 3 packs of 6.

Offers on Amazon are filled by many different vendors so I'm sure some are good and some are bad as in anything else

I doubt you find it anyplace cheaper that Costco. They have it regular for $44 I think and once a year for $39 where I buy 3 packs of 6

oh wow, those are excellent prices.. the one I am looking at is $59.98.

thanks for your input! plus I generally trust Costco in terms of medication efficacy and stocking conditions.

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.

oh wow, those are excellent prices.. the one I am looking at is $59.98.

thanks for your input! plus I generally trust Costco in terms of medication efficacy and stocking conditions.

I have had great results with foam but still don't trust Kirkland ocmpletely so I use one dose of Rogaine and one dose of Kirland per day.

I use it crown to hairline so I use a bottle of each per month plus 5mg real ( Us pharmacy) generic Proscar

How much do you use for each application if you're going through 2 bottles/ month. I've just started using rogaine foam and am wondering if i should be leaving a nice liquid film on my head or just using a light amount to cover the necessary areas.

It works hairline to crown for me so I use it all over.

I don't use a set amount. I put some on my finger tips and rub on my crown then do the same for my right temple then left temple and make sure the entire area ( hairline to crown) is covered

I use Kirkland before work and Rogaine before bed for the past 6 months slowly converting to more Kirkland over time, started with 25% kirk now up to 50/50

Comes out to about 1 bottle of Kirkland foam and one Rog foam per month

• 2 months later...

Here in New Zealand the only brand of Minoxidil available in pharmacies is Regaine (Rogaine), which is very expensive. There used to be a local generic Minoxidil called Headway, but it was discontinued a few years ago. Australia manufactures its own generic called Hair-Again, but Australian online pharmacies won't ship it to New Zealand customers because it's "flammable." (Ironically, when I brought back a six-pack of Hair-Again from my last vacation to Australia I never had a problem when I declared it as a "flammable product" at the airport check-in!)

Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised to find that Kirkland's Minoxidil is now available to order online through Fishpond.co.nz and Fishpond.com.au (the local equivalent of Amazon). It's a fraction of the price of Regaine, and even cheaper than Hair-Again. :)

Edited by calvus

It works hairline to crown for me so I use it all over.

I don't use a set amount. I put some on my finger tips and rub on my crown then do the same for my right temple then left temple and make sure the entire area ( hairline to crown) is covered

I use Kirkland before work and Rogaine before bed for the past 6 months slowly converting to more Kirkland over time, started with 25% kirk now up to 50/50

Comes out to about 1 bottle of Kirkland foam and one Rog foam per month

When you say it Works, how exactly does it work on you?

Regrowth? Maintaining? Has you shed?

Also is anyone using Any concealer When applying minox?

Im a Daily user of toppik and im not Washing my hair so often, ( mainly the Reason why i havent started minox )

Ive been on fin for around 4 years.

But i would love to get some regrowth

I started using foam around 2008 and I have more hair today.

I know it works on the hairline as not only is it thicker but I also have to pluck out hairs every few weeks that grow in about 1/4 in below my hairline. When I apply foam I always hit my frontal hairline so some gets lower down on my forehead

Also is anyone using Any concealer When applying minox?

Im a Daily user of toppik and im not Washing my hair so often, ( mainly the Reason why i havent started minox )

Ive been on fin for around 4 years.

But i would love to get some regrowth

I've been using Minoxidil solution for nearly ten years. Can't say I've noticed any regrowth but it seems to have at least slowed down any further hair loss - I have much more hair than my younger brother, who has not been using any treatments.

I also recently started experimenting with concealers like Toppik/Nanogen. Concealers are supposed to be applied to dry hair which is a bit tricky if you're running late for work in the morning and you've just rubbed minox. on your scalp.

Some people have said they get around this by only applying minox. once a day (at night) instead of the recommended twice daily, but this might reduce the effectiveness of the minox.

The alcohol content of minox. solution also makes the concealer fibres rub off when applying minox. at night time, so take care. (I put dark pillowcases on my pillows.) I've never used minox. foam, so I'm not sure whether it has the same effect on concealers.

Edited by calvus

I've been using Minoxidil solution for nearly ten years. Can't say I've noticed any regrowth but it seems to have have at least slowed down any further hair loss - I have much more hair than my younger brother, who has not been using any treatments.

I also recently started experimenting with concealers like Toppik/Nanogen. Concealers are supposed to be applied to dry hair which is a bit tricky if you're running late for work in the morning and you've just rubbed minox. on your scalp.

Some people have said they get around this by only applying minox. once a day (at night) instead of the recommended twice daily, but this might reduce the effectiveness of the minox.

The alcohol content of minox. solution also makes the concealer fibres rub off when applying minox. at night time, so take care. (I put dark pillowcases on my pillows.) I've never used minox. foam, so I'm not sure whether it has the same effect on concealers.

Thanks.

So you have used it for 10 yrs and no regrowth. Hmm.

Its crazy how people respond so different with minox.

Im in a Big doubt whether or not to use it.

I started using foam around 2008 and I have more hair today.

I know it works on the hairline as not only is it thicker but I also have to pluck out hairs every few weeks that grow in about 1/4 in below my hairline. When I apply foam I always hit my frontal hairline so some gets lower down on my forehead

Thats great :)

Do you have Any before and after pictures i Can see?

I really need to be convinced to take the last step to start it

Thats great :)

Do you have Any before and after pictures i Can see?

I really need to be convinced to take the last step to start it

I have been using Rogaine since 1994, foam since 2008.

Trust me it works ( for me at least).

I may have some older pics on this forum (no idea where) as I had my last HT in 2006 and posted pics