4703 grafts with Dr. Hasson

Dutch

One perfect day in Vancouver.

I feel that I have an obligation to share my results so far to try to help others. This forum along with YouTube helped me make an important decision in life & I ended up choosing the best HT surgeon in the world.

They say life is a journey, not a destination. 6 months ago at the end of Sept 2011, I found myself at Heathrow Airport on a journey and my destination was Vancouver. 5 thousand miles.

Stayed at the Granville Hotel. Very nice. 18 days stay!

I'm on Propecia BTW, used to take a tablet every other day, but 2 weeks pre-op I upped this to a tablet daily. Been on it 3.5 years.

Regaine foam since Jan 2012, so 3.5 months so far. I'm a NW5A. Noticed that I was receding & losing crown hair at the tender age of 17. I didn't like the man in the mirror, so finally took the plunge 13 years later.

The photos you see below are pre-op, 1 day post op and 6 months results.

Following day, I was sitting in Dr. Hasson's office for my consultation, speaking to Doug ( a perfect gentleman & very friendly), Dr. Hasson came in with a big smile & a warm welcome, and he said ''Its a pleasure to meet you''. The pleasure was all mine, I was in awe of the man. Couldn't believe I was actually there, finally. Doug took photos.

Next morning at 7.10am I was outside the building, my surgery was at 7.30am, the building door was still locked, I found another entrance & waited in reception. Dr. Wong was already operating on someone as he comes in at 6am.

My heart rate was 81 beats a minute, was given some tablets before Dr. Hasson came in. He drew 5 hairlines, I chose one & the fun began. Dr. Hasson worked on me for 4 hours. Lunch was served. Beef stir-fry. 3 movies I chose from the 500 plus that were available to choose from. Joe came in to say hello & we chatted.

The operation went on from 7.30am to 5.30pm. 10 hours including breaks.

The lovely Daria from reception called me a cab at the end of the day, as I was in no condition to run after a taxi in the street.

1 day post op, came in for a scalp wash, met Dr. Feller & Lorenzo & we chatted for a few minutes. A few nervous souls were sitting in reception, I tried to assure them there was nothing to it, really! Dr. Wong passed by and said hello.

Kept coming back for a hair wash for 9 days out of paranoia.

I would like to thank this community for all the good advice & support from everyone, the reception staff and the consultants at H&W and above all, Hasson's Angels.

These are the unsung heroes. 10 of these lovely ladies worked on me. A special thanks to Elena, Irena & Michelle.

Last but certainly not least, I'd like to thank the magic man himself, the king of mega-sessions, the very talented Dr. Hasson. Very nice pleasant person too.

Chuck Norris calls Victor Hasson on tips on how to be awesome. Dr. Hasson passes on the wisdom. I can't see how he'd ever be de-throned.

Brothers & sisters, hold that hairline & stay with me, wishing you all the best in trying to fight back against the mighty DHT.

In the eternal bruising battle between man (and woman) against this beast and on this occasion, man is winning (sort of!).

Happy growing & best wishes to all!

IMG_0549.jpg.6939a1494575583e41a00ae4dd1d86a8.jpg

IMG_0559.jpg.9b844576a85d0ac552151a4a50b14a49.jpg

IMG_0991.jpg.7095a395b4c9d04bbf9ec5d895b2742d.jpg

5b32d248bb44c_Immediatelypostop-crown.jpg.d0a28f218de0f697f677d782680b8af1.jpg

5b32d248d10b7_Immediatelypostop-top.jpg.142e2ac6f6c13a48e335b8250bd716d0.jpg

IMG_1504.jpg.68a80e7d9de05542210284312a5fbe09.jpg

IMG_1535.jpg.2f004b02f725f7917d928c77131a36ca.jpg

IMG_1537.jpg.b38b7cf1e9380de01f05a8513c38894f.jpg

IMG_1548.jpg.fcc937837c61209ebbe47d77a7f0220f.jpg

IMG_0543.JPG.f518216183bda3619f526b32d4aaec24.JPG

PICT0733.jpg.a81d4f112ddace41028647bc2b9694a7.jpg

5b32d24965128_Stripscar-left.jpg.8a7f534cdd1ee1b4d34901593a7ad6fe.jpg

5b32d24979254_Tiedmyfeettothebed.jpg.e49e7c4b1857cf85d906ccb74b31d554.jpg

5b32d24991906_ViewfromHWreception.jpg.c0494b9198af361c31120590e65887a7.jpg

5b32d249a239a_WithDoug.jpg.140fded33e5e4027d9188438f13718ac.jpg

5b32d249bbf46_WithDr.VictorHasson.jpg.7f92115e6eb5bd14192a928c62be0ed8.jpg

5b32d249d4f2e_Thebesthotchocolateintheworld-nextdoor.jpg.3989eb22b709e7e4582690f4abe4a77b.jpg

Edited by Dutch

I agree with you about everything particularly Dr Hasson the guy is a legend and very nice.

Wish i could see your pictures they're not opening out pal i'm not sure if it's just me. Making a proper blog would be the best way to help people out on here because people can follow your progress as they're are going through the time scales you did it's amazing how many people pm to say thank you for your blog.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Hello Dutch, now THAT is some excision OMG!! I always wondered what length of strip would be necessary to support a mega-session like yours, but WOW~ I only had 1767 grafts 5 days ago and my donor feels tight tight tight, can't imagine what yours must of felt like at the time! But great results so far, I'm sure you feel it was worth it (as do we all when we see those hairs spring back up to life!).

Keep us posted & Happy Growing !

Dr. Hasson is getting popular these days plus achieving mega sessions and breaking records. Im sure you are going to have a beautiful head of hair with this many grafts. Such a great Doc. Dutch, did you personally chose Hasson over Wong or he was given to you due to availability? I'm just curious :-)

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Hello Bonker, strange that why you can’t see the pics, how about here?:

Hair Restoration Site for Dutch

I’ve just created that so you can see. Silly question but how do I add this link page to my signature on the forum so it’s always there?

BadBeat- thank you for your kind words Sir.

Hello GotHairInFront- 32cm scar. 90 staples, go figure.

Only the sleeping was a nightmare. I tied my feet & wore kitchen gloves, I didn’t want to sleep on the grafts or scratch. It wasn’t that tight, felt like I was wearing a hat & had a headache every now & then. Definitely been worth it.

Congrats on your operation!

Alright Hariri?- Dr. Hasson has always been popular from what I’ve searched over the last couple of years & to answer your question, I didn’t really choose him over Dr. Jerry Wong, I just saw the legendary results that stuck in my head & they were done by Dr. Hasson- London Lad, BobMan, NicNitro. These were from years ago & the good doctor was converting them from Norwoods 5 and 6 to a quality heads of hair.

I can see your pictures. Nice meeting you Dutch! Its looks great for 6 months but still alot of thickening and growing to go. Isnt it nice to have hair in area that havent been there for a long time?

Dr. Hasson is getting popular these days plus achieving mega sessions and breaking records.

I find your comments funny. Its sounds like you are saying that Dr. Hasson has just recently become popular and just starting achieving mega sessions.;)

Maybe you need to look back on past forum posts and see that mega session have been produced at H&W for quite sometime now.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Only the sleeping was a nightmare. I tied my feet & wore kitchen gloves, I didn’t want to sleep on the grafts or scratch

That funny. There was an Italian gentlemen was that was so concerned that he would stratch his head that he tied his arms with shoelaces from his shoes. He woke up the next morning disillustioned and confused. His feet had somehow got caught between arms and he couldnt move. The other italian that was sharing the room with him said he woke up yelling help and it took him 10 minutes to untie him. When I heard the story I almost pissed myself.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

That funny. There was an Italian gentlemen was that was so concerned that he would stratch his head that he tied his arms with shoelaces from his shoes. He woke up the next morning disillustioned and confused. His feet had somehow got caught between arms and he couldnt move. The other italian that was sharing the room with him said he woke up yelling help and it took him 10 minutes to untie him. When I heard the story I almost pissed myself.

Lol. Funny stuff!

It helped me tying my feet to the bed, I fidget a lot. The gloves had to be worn, I would've kept itching

Dutch press your info then press edit signature on the left side in the boxes running downwards then add your link. I just looked at your blog now it will be easy to keep track of your progress as oppose to searching threads. Anyway that's awesome growth so far I'm well happy for you. Did you get any grafts in the back or was it all front?

Lorenzo funny story that mate I guess we all care more than anything about our hair. I stayed awake with no sleep for 3 days without any painkillers after my first hasson ht just to make sure nothing could wreck my chances it was not pleasent lol.

Hariri welcome to the forum lol. Just kidding mate but you do sound new I'm not sure if you word things wrong or you actually mean exactly what you say with honesty.

Edited by bonkerstonker

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Bonker I have heard from alot that the first few days in not so pleasant. I am lucky I normally sleep on my back and dont move so I had no problems.

Dutch yes I've always wondered how people labelled it too but that's life we're not as posh as them lol.

Lorenzo this latest ht was extremely painful for me the anasthetic kept running out on me during the last hour of inserting the grafts imo i was virtually without anasthetic I was trying to just take it as I'd had a load of anasthetic already but it crept up on me and hit me like a truck so I had to ask for another injection which ran out quickly too but was enough to finish the op, my body seems to have a tolerance to all substances I can drink huge amounts of alcohol quite easily too I can drink a full bottle of Bacardi in a few hours and just be nicely drunk lol. I really wanted to go for dinner with you and Jo but I had no chance of moving lol.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Bonker understood. An englishmen that drinks? Never heard of that before:D

wow Dutch amazing result.

How is the scar?

Cheers Jazzy. It's actually really thin. All this fear I had about the scar isn't with me anymore. When I have the sides trimmed to a number 2.5-3 grade, I can still get away with it & you can't see a scar.

Thanks Keith

latest ht was extremely painful for me the anasthetic kept running out on me during the last hour of inserting the grafts imo i was virtually without anasthetic I was trying to just take it as I'd had a load of anasthetic already but it crept up on me and hit me like a truck so I had to ask for another injection which ran out quickly too

How common is this with large sessions?

Anyone else experience "extreme pain" or even increased pain

towards the end of a large session due to the pain killer wearing

off in such a long session?

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Not common it's just me mate and to be fair most people ask for more anasthetic as soon as they feel any slight signs of pain but I have quite a high pain threshold i think its something to do with me being a thai fighter since i was a boy and how much adrenaline i've produced in the ring. Anyway i like to see how far I can push things but coupled together with the fact substances don't seem to last long with me I can sometimes get caught out and I have to admit that last hour was intense lol.

Jotronic said he noticed during my first op that the anasthetic wore out on me extremely fast compared to others. This time time round I could feel the staples going in around my scar so obviously given the fact that staples being put in are quite close to the time the anasthetic is used then I'm definitely building up more of a tolerance.

Like I say I wouldn't worry about it it's just me this happens to its been like that most of my life with dentist and bone break operations. Once when I was about ten the dentist had to inject my mouth then virtually knock me out with laughing gas she told my mum she'd never seen anything like that from a small boy.

Edited by bonkerstonker

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Thanks for the clarification Bonker.

How many days passed until you had the staples removed?

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.