Uploaded all my hairline pics

I would like some people to look thru and comment on my album, im only wanting comments hjow. i want my forhead line thickend and brought down in the middle just a tad.. i dont think it will cost more than 6000$ which i have just for this occation. already been to st louis neograft but do not want to use them. im thinking of kenoir,keller, or shapiro. please do not comment in any way telling me i have an ok hairline and that i need not get fue, ive seen many pictures of guys with hairlines like mine who have fue done to add a little more to thier hairline, my hairline has not really receeded much but no finasteride is gunna thciken my hair in the fron beyond my naturall thin hair. several HR doc in st louis have already agreed with me and assest my situation. they agree finasteride will not do what im wanting. ony fue will. leave your comments about not getting surgery to yourself, leave you rogain and pills comments you yourself.. fina wont make hiar grow were i didnt have it, and yes fue can and will provide the expectations i am seeking. ive seen it on countles videos of fue results of dudes having thicker hair in the front than mine after viewing the post of pics. so dont comment saying im wanting something that cannot be done..

9311.jpg

9314.jpg

9313.jpg

9317.jpg

9315.jpg

9319.jpg

Edited by 4johnybravo
mispelled. and added images

The majority of the pics you posted showing hairlines that you admire are not real hairlines and they are all very different from each other. Most celebs will have concealer in their hair to make it thicker and will even go so far as to wear a partial wig to give them the "perfect" hairline. One of the hairlines you listed is in fact a guy wearing a wig (the two guys looking at the camera, guy on the right with black hair).

Your profile also says that you are not interested in any treatments and you will start Propecia after your surgery. Bad idea. You should try it BEFORE surgery to make sure you can tolerate it and to be sure it slows or stops your loss.

Btw, you have more hair than probably 99% of the guys on this or any other hair loss forum. You should be proud of your as is.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Why ask for comments and then attack someone that gives you an honest and educated assessment? You need to find somebody that wiil tell you what you want to hear and then you'll be satisfied. There are doc's out there that will do that...

JBG,

No one is telling you that you are a dipshit with a full head of hair that needs to eave the network. Joe's reply was as usual educational and trying to give you a different perspective which is what you seemed to want (even saying please). Now, I guarantee you that everyone will now think that you are a dipshit because of that response you gave.

Like StaggerLee said, there are doctors out there that can go do what you want or tell you what you want to here. Obviously the guy with a reputation for hairlines is Dr. Rahal in Ottowa. Tell him your family history, that you want a juvenile hairline like the pictures and he may choose to dense pack you in, and in 12 months you can post a pic for everyone. Sound good?

Wait, where did your response go Bravo? Did it just get taken down? You attacked Joe, basically told him to mind his own freaking business and you are going to do what you want to do in life, so basically he should "stay out of you f--ing post?" (close to verbatim.) Sorry mate. You do not attack other members that way and disappear without an apology just because you realized you made a mistake.

A HT would be a mistake for you right now. Listen to Joe - get on Fin.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Your hairline is good and your native hair looks pretty solid all over as it stands.

By the look of it, you just want to lower your hairline.

Personally I don't believe it is good taking a picture of a celebrity and saying 'I want my hairline like 'Brad Pitt' or 'Tom Cruise' or who ever it is as this in general will lead to disappointment.

Hair surgery is not as clearcut and straightforward as it may appear looking in from the outside, so developing a better understanding is necessary.

I would listen to Joetronic as not only is he extremely knowledgeable but he represents arguably the best clinic around.

If this person has just insulted Joe for his honest advice,firstly that is unacceptable and should apolygise now if he wants to participate on this forum and secondly, this is a prime example of why complaints do arise from patients that would appear to be uneducated in hairloss/surgery even at the top clinics as they may have potentially unrealistic expectations.

Edited by chrisdav

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Johnny, you basically have the hairline I had before I started losing hair. You have a mature hairline, but it's not the typical V shape. I am assuming that you just want it brought down some. FUE would be the best way to go, albeit a much more expensive way to do it. All the doctors you listed, whether it be Konior, Keller, or Shapiro, are all excellent choices. The big problem is you talking them into doing the surgery. Since you currently have no hair loss, you would have to educate them on your family history of any hairloss and what things will look like in 10-20 years.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Thank you rc west! Yes I do wish to have a widows peek or v shape, due is more expensive but money won't be a factor, ill let the doc decide on what method fut/or Fue but most docs are saying fue. And with those doctors I mentioned I've already emailed some of them the same pictures your seeing you all are seeing and they are saying it's totally doable. My hairloss it pretty much at it's full extent, noone in my family has lost much hair past what you see here. Like you said rc west it's just a mature hairline but I want a v shape... And it thickend slightly from the front to an inch back so it appears denser. Glad you Your post was was on the positive encouragig side, the other guys just saying I need to forget it.. Take some fina, be happy ad suck it up... Kind of like telling a girl her tits are fine she first need implants. She doesn't need any betterthan what she was born with. Or telling somone hey your moles arnt that bad don't had them removed. Or hey your body if fine, don't work out, don't try to make it just little better. I'm a small skinny guy and my confidence is my hair. And the best hr docs agree what I want can be done so I shall have it my way.

Bravo,

This will be my last post to you. No one is telling you can't do this, but you asked for an opinion. You got one informed opinion from a leading expert and your reply (which you took down) was to tell him to basically f---off. You seem to have removed that post. You seem to have also removed all the other male models/actors whose hairline you admired as your templates. You got an opinion from one person confirming your thought process and said "THANK YOU--you see my vision, the docs see my vision, so I will have it my way." You justify it as your hair is your confidence, you a skinny dude, etc.. Buddy, as my last free advice to you, many people here were in worse positions that you hair wise and made a mistake by doing a transplant. If your minor, self- perceived hair "defect" is causing you so much angst, then yes, just go for it. You are an EASY case for any of the good docs. The thing is, you still have some doubt. That is why you posted on this forum. And you know what--you need to have doubts. The FUE to your hairline may not take and you could be left with a need to do it again or laser out the grafts. It could double your expenses. Or you could recede behind and need more surgery. The point is, you are messing with a near perfect hairline already. But if you want it, go for it. But please know that you have come across as a complete a-hole in these posts, particularly the ones you deleted. You got the answer you wanted. Get the surgery, post a picutre in 12 months, and tell us all how wrong we were. Take care.

lol thought they were post pictures. awesome head of hair. I can understand insecurities getting the best of you and wanting this done. But its for cosmetic reasons and not for a true fear of balding. in a sense that makes the situation easier, as you need not worry about a running out on a donor area. Which would definitely make fue the way to go. But as with all cosmetic surgery a healthy sense of fear and doubt should absolutely accompany your eagerness to look like a movie star. what if you are the one guy in your family that does start to bald? you may deeply regret it later. just respect what everyone else is telling you here or leave. do not come asking for co-signers for what you must at some level consider dubious behavior (if not then why even look for approval) and act like a compleete d-bag when you do not get it. It is obvious insecurity is an issue with you. your napoleon complex is quite apparent in your replies. but know that no surgery is going to give you that swagger you are looking for, not if you are as obnoxious as you come across on these posts.

I appreciate everyone's concerns with Johnny's reaction to my input but I don't take offence to his reaction in the least. There are bigger issues at work here.

Johnny, your reaction is concerning not for the venom that it was infused with but rather the fact that no where did I tell you not to get a hair transplant. I was beginning the process of opening your eyes to the fact that your juvenile hairline is going away and your eventual loss is not going to stop where it is currently. I fear this is something you have not considered so let me spell it out for you.

Look at the photo below. All the hair below and in front of the line I drew is going to be gone in about five years or less. Has anyone told you this yet? Did the Neograft doctors tell you this yet? The 6K you have saved up might get you some sort of density and it may even be enough to lower your hairline but what are you going to do about the hair that is there now but won't be in five years? Will you have enough money to fill it in then? It will probably cost you another 6K (conservatively) or maybe even more depending on which clinic you choose.

9311a.jpg?i=1271674886

The second issue I'd like to address is what you listed as your ideal hairlines you'd like to have. You showed varying hairlines, some very low and aggressive like Colin Farrel's and another not so aggressive hairline like on Ryan Reynolds. The problem with idolizing hairlines on celebrities is that they are rarely their own real hairlines. Most of them use concealers to thicken the hairlines to unrealistic densities like Bradley Cooper does. Others will use hair systems to replace their hairlines like Matthew Mcconaughey does. You may be wondering how I could possibly know these things. It's because I've been doing this a while and I know some celebrities and the people that work on them (makeup artists, photographers) and they have confirmed much of what I'm telling you, that what you see on the red carpet or in a photo shoot is not real. Point is, you can't rely on celebrity hair to give you a realistic representation of what is possible for you. You're not a celebrity and you don't have a small army of makeup artists and photographers' flash bulbs shooting all around you.

So, go ahead and get your hair transplant. You might just get what you want and for your sake I hope that you do. But don't think for a minute that you won't lose more hair and for God's sake don't wait till AFTER your transplant to start Propecia. Whether or not you can tolerate Propecia should be an influencing factor in how you move forward.

Good luck.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Ill talk To my doc about taking propecia before the surgery. I'll see how it does. Ive heard it can aid Fue results because it makes the follicle thicker and thus healthier for transplant.

My hair prolly won't be as drastic as your predicted drawing but none the less I'm sure in 5 years I'll have the cash to get a revision if needed.

And I'm leaning more towards the Ryan reynolds type,a flatter v, which is a mild v, I only admire Collin ferrals widowspEak but think it's too aggressive for me. And aside fromhollywood if you google images "male hair models" you'll see thousands of male models who are not in Hollywood or have a small cosmetic army who are achieving the hairline I desire.

Thank you for your responses.

Edited by 4johnybravo

4johnnybravo,

I see that you removed your own initial post that was blatantly attacking. I'm glad you did because this is not the tone and attitude we expect from our members. I encourage you to read and become familiar with the terms of service you agreed to when you signed up.

To be perfectly honest with you, I would not get a hair transplant right now. You have thick, lustrous locks that most people (including men and women with no signs of hair loss) envy. Any sign of hair loss you are seeing is early and that makes you a great candidate for non-surgical treatments like Propecia and Rogaine to slow down, stop and even possibly reverse the effects of pattern baldness.

But in my opinion, you are young with a great head of hair with only mild thinning and you should not undergo hair transplant surgery at this time. The risks of future hair loss is also just too great to even think about lowering your hairline.

Best wishes,

Bill

4johnybravo - Kudos for chilling. You'll find this community is full of experienced & knowledgeable people who just want to help. Take advantage of it, and remember you attract more bees with honey.

I saw Segal interviewed on Piers Morgan recently. He is sporting a very obvious and unsightly piece. Why Steven, why?...

I guess his "people" are too afraid of being booted off of the gravy train (or trolley as it were) to come clean about his appearance.

The truth is always best, even if it hurts.

Hey 4johnybravo,

My opinion doesn't really matter in the end. Of course it is your life and if something is going to make you incredibly happy and doesn't hurt anyone else...I say go for it, but only after taking into consideration what everyone else has already said on this thread.

Just don't jump the gun, and definitely consider the "what if" scenario that Jotronic mentioned. Even if your whole family has such an incredible head of hair as you do throughout their life (you have no idea how much I wish I had that...lol) there is always a possibility of yours thinning and/or receding.

If you have an unlimited amount of expendable money and know for sure that you will have a large amount of money in the future, like i said, if it makes you happy. And all the doctors you mentioned are the best. I would say meet and talk with each of them. There is a chance that one of possibly all, may not choose to want to do it, given circumstances...but at least you can meet them and see if they will or let them share their knowledge.

As others have said, and as you seem to care very much about your hair, I would without a doubt start Propecia. It is a safety net that could help you keep from losing any hair that you may without taking it. Of course weigh the slight possible side effect risks and inform yourself completely about the drug before making that decision as well.

Best of luck to you and I hope you find happiness with whatever decision you make.

My Hair Loss Web Site

FUT - 8/12/11 - Dr. Keller - Chicago - 3140 grafts

365 singles, 375 doubles, & 2400 multiple hair grafts

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor or a professional within the hair transplant field, but I am one hell of a researcher and have been dubbed "master googler" by people that know me. So, anything I say is solely my best opinion or answer based on everything I have read and/or experienced. :)