Anyone heard of a company called Longevita in UK LONDON

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who was the surgeon who performed the procedure for Longevita?

Hi guys,

I had a hair transplant with Longevita in January 2012, I am really disappointed with the results, you can view my full results under the following week, I'm not sure if i'm allowed to post a link to another forum on here, as i've only just joined here to alert people of my experience.

(Promotional link removed)

I have reported my concern with Longevita, and they have offered corrective surgery free of charge, but I am not prepared to pay for flights and accomodation, and risk losing more donor hair for a poor low yielding result, if they couldn't get it right the first time, why give them a second chance.

Anyway, I intend to wait the full 18 months for the full cosmetic result of this transplant, which will be July/August 2013 before taking any action.

I have had opinions from forum members and representatives of other clinics and they all sugguest that i have received considerably less than the 2,400 FUE that i paid for. In a way it is for the best, as they haven't wasted less of my donor area.

So poor results, overharvesting on one side as I have to comb over to look like i have adequate coverage by my ear, procedure WASN'T performed by Dr Enis Keskin as promised, Instead by a younger inexperienced girl who has left me with sparse wirey hair. I have asked longevita and my patient representative at the time, who was the surgery performed by and haven't got a response.

I have documented evidence of all e-mails, skype call with surgeon, and lots of pictures, It is might intention to seek compensation or some kind of refund on the basis of...

Transplant not as promised, results speak for themselves

Procedure not performed by Dr Enis Keskin

Overharvesting of certain areas that has left me patchy on the side

Emotional distress.

Skintaj... are you going to take action?

• 8 months later...

Hi guys

Just signed up to this website, but I have been a long time voyeur of this network and firstly would like to thankyou all for your unknowing help in the last 4-5 years,

So I am currently sitting in a hotel room in Istanbul 2 hours after my FUE surgery, and to be honest I couldn't be happier, firstly I have read older posts in this forum, I would like to clear something up, I know turkey very well, from a culture, language and custom point of view, I would like to state that ?1 sterling normally equates to 3.3 Turkish lira and cost of living wise 1Tl equates to ?1 so a transplant cost in Turkey costs ?2000 it equates to 6.3-6.5 thousand lira, so you get the same treatment equivalent to ?6500 in the uk, I hope this makes sense best way the explain it is that a bottle of coke in uk is ?1 in Turkey is 1TL,

So anyway I booked through longevita, I was very sceptical at first but after many emails, phone calls and skype sessions I was sold I payed ?2000 including surgery, transfers from airport to hotel and return to airport and flights, I arrived in Istanbul last night, the longevita man was there waiting to pick us up (me and wife) dropped us at hotel, today we woke up had a lovely breakfast included in hotel and caught a taxi to clinic (26TL=?9.8)

When we arrived at clinic we were asked to sit and wait, we waited for 15mins and our surgeon arrived, I had my consultations and my new hairline was drawn all very clean and proffesional, the whole time the longevita rep and translator was with me, I will skip over the surgery as this was all as normal, very good and very informative, they provided me with lunch and water, to be honest I fell asleep during the surgery, which should tell you it was very painless, after the surgery I was given medicine through an IV, I have to go back tomorrow for checkup then fly back to the uk in the afternoon, I would like to add that longevita is a middleman for the clinics in turkey they do what they say they will, with regards to earlier posts I clarified with my surgeon how many grafts would be taken and how the hair would be inserted, they were great throughout, also I would like to add if anyone wants any more information or if I have missed anything please feel free to mail me no problem I know how much of a jungle it is out there and remember chin up !:)

image.jpg.7b611f27b8d0573c0fd0313654bfafcf.jpg

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Did anyone else here get hair transplant surgery through longevita  ?

A bit late now for me but I made the terrible mistake of having a hair transplant through longevita and they completely butchered my head.

worst mistake of my life, the damage caused by their so called surgeons is irreparable and I’m left disfigured with complications. 

Has as anyone else had an experience with them? 

This post is completely genuine, my only motive is to see if anyone else has been through a similar experience and to help save anyone possible from getting into the position I am now faced with. 

Hi, sorry to hear about your surgery not going well, what happened?

i had 2,500 fue in 2011, you can see my previous post for details, out of the transplanted hairs I’d say I have about 150-200 that grew, over the years I’ve been on and off fin, so have been able to disguise the sparse hair near the hairline with styling etc, but it does look strange, I’m holding out to see  if any new miracle cure comes out in the next few years, if not then I’ll probably have to go for another 1-2 ops, I would probably go to Belgium instead this time.

1 hour ago, FrankKeenan said:

Did anyone else here get hair transplant surgery through longevita  ?

A bit late now for me but I made the terrible mistake of having a hair transplant through longevita and they completely butchered my head.

worst mistake of my life, the damage caused by their so called surgeons is irreparable and I’m left disfigured with complications. 

Has as anyone else had an experience with them? 

This post is completely genuine, my only motive is to see if anyone else has been through a similar experience and to help save anyone possible from getting into the position I am now faced with. 

Yea I went with Longevita,  but as you know they are just middlemen, the Doc I went with is  Dr Resat he  is no longer with them, which clinic did you go with ?

I have lost a little bit of my own hair but the fue hairline is clearly seperate and contains around 200 wirey hairs maximum from a 2,500 fue procedure which looks terrible. There’s no point sending info as I wouldn’t pay to return seeming the first attempt was so bad, unless you’d like to send me a partial refund for the failed procedure?

Just an honest account of my experience.

Avoid longevita ! 

Please beware , they are complete scammers. 

The transplanted hairs will mostly fall out if not all.

You are taking a great risk with your head, going to longevita. They do not always use properly qualified staff, they will not care if they cause you injury which they most likely will.

Please avoid at all costs!!!! 

@FrankKeenan,

While all members are welcome to share their genuine experiences good or bad, We believe in providing a fair and see if environment for both patients and physicians. Therefore, I ask that you identify yourself to me privately by sending me a private message. Please send me your full name and date of surgery with this clinic and also post some before and after pictures of your scalp.   Note that your personal identifying information will not be made public however, we will need to give it to the clinic so they can verify whether or not you are patient. 

I look forward to your prompt response and anticipate your cooperation. 

Best wishes,

Bill

@Bill - Managing Publisher Thank you. This is fair and will give all clinics a chance to address the concerns of their patients rather than respond to trolls on this forum. Our humble suggestion is also ask a copy of the receipt showing they paid for the surgery. This would verify that the person is a patient or not.

12 hours ago, FrankKeenan said:

Avoid longevita ! 

Please beware , they are complete scammers. 

The transplanted hairs will mostly fall out if not all.

You are taking a great risk with your head, going to longevita. They do not always use properly qualified staff, they will not care if they cause you injury which they most likely will.

Please avoid at all costs!!!! 

As I said I went with Longevita  they are certainly not scammers, and I had a great result  ,you can check a recent post I made "3.5 years post op " . They were upfront with me about how much the Doc was paid [Dr Resat]  and how much they charged for their services .

Longevita are middle men so if you choose to go with them you need to check out  the Doc/Clinic they have on their books ,they gave me the numbers of patients who had been with the Doc I chose ,and they were all happy .

The after care was good any concerns I had were answered within 2 days .They exaggerated  that you will have 24 hour   personal person on hand ,the co ordinator I met was very busy and rushing off to another clinic ,but both techs spoke reasonable English so not a real issue .

Longevita are not a clinic as I said  they are middlemen with different clinics/Docs on the books . 

Just to add I'm not here to recommend or not recommend   Longevita        as the Doc I went with is no longer with them, so I have no relationship or connection with them at this point .Dr Karedenez also used to be with them before he went solo and advertised his own clinic . I have no idea if the clinics they have on the books are producing good results or not at this time .

Edited by Mick50

Mick50 and/or Longevita,

Mick, I appreciate you sharing your experience and giving us a little bit more insight into Longevita and who they are. 

That said, if either of you could explain a little bit more about how their services work, that would be appreciated. It sounds like they are not a hair transplant clinic but more of a scheduling service is that correct? But how do they schedule with various physicians?  What kind of working relationship does a physician at a clinic have  what kind of working relationship does a physician at a clinic have with with Longevita?   Do doctors pay Longevita  to direct patients to them?   What is business and financial relationship between the two and how does  it all fit together? 

I also notice that @FrankKeenan  has not replied yet to my posts even though he was tagged. I will give him a couple days to respond, but if not, I will end up removing his posts and suspending his posting privileges. 

best wishes,

Bill

41 minutes ago, Bill - Managing Publisher said:

That said, if either of you could explain a little bit more about how their services work, that would be appreciated. It sounds like they are not a hair transplant clinic but more of a scheduling service is that correct? But how do they schedule with various physicians?  What kind of working relationship does a physician at a clinic have  what kind of working relationship does a physician at a clinic have with with Longevita?   Do doctors pay Longevita  to direct patients to them?   What is business and financial relationship between the two and how does  it all fit together? 

Hi - from my experience with Longevita in 2012, they are the middle-men who generate the clients (sales) outside Turkey who then sub-contract you to the surgeon they have made an agreement with. It was Dr Enis for me (although he after the first few minutes, he was not really involved). I was asked to pay a 50% "deposit" of the total price (£3500) I was quoted to Longevita directly (by Paypal) which I assume was the commission and told I need to pay the other 50% in sterling cash directly to the surgeon/clinic.

10 minutes ago, jimbob1966 said:

Hi Andalus,

It was the same for me when I had surgery,

how was your growth? have you had anymore transplants since? Been on Fin? what's your Norwood scale?

cheers

Hi 

I shared my experience at the time in the following thread and was, and still am, sceptical that I got the full number of grafts I paid for and all grafts appear to be single hairs and the small area which suffered over-harvesting still does not look pretty - but fortunately, I only see that when the barber waves the mirror behind me when he finishes!  

I read threw your posts and I relate to everything you said, it's been exactly the same for me. I declined the free top up also, what are your plans for the future, will you have another HT?

I think if they can clone some extracted hair and do it that way in the future I would much prefer that as they over harvested behind my ears also, I remember the Dr came in (who I thought would actually bother to perform the surgey) and said to the women something in Turkish and they had a few heated words, it was about the over harvesting.

I found the whole process quite an ordeal that's why I haven't bothered with a 2nd HT, I really do need it though. I've been struggling with Finasteride sides, so i'm currently not taking anything, which isn't really compatible with HT's, so i'm at a crossroads of giving up on saving hair or continue to tolerate the side effects.