• 2 months later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators

Posting with Safari on a MAC using the advanced editor.:confused::confused:

Safari works fine, so it must be something to do with the way Mozilla based browsers behave when posting data. Both Chrome and FireFox have common elements and are both Mozilla based.

The options, for those wanting NOT to get errors, are to change browsers to Opera, IE, or Safari. Now this may be a bit of an ask, but we are unable to find a fix for this, even in clean installs of browsers, where there are no plug-ins and is platform independent. That is to say the browsers that display this error do so, no matter what operating system it is installed on, be it MAC OSX, Win XP, 2000, Vista or 7.

We have been discussing an upgrade to VB 4 at some time in the future, however we are not certain if the social side will support the importing of the current application we use here.

Hans

Webmaster

• Administrators

Adding a reply using the advanced text option and testing for errors.

OS=Vista

OK, so FireFox 3.6.12 does not appear to display the same error on Vista as it does in other OS's. Very strange.

Edited by Webmaster
Added comment that it was successful.

Hans

Webmaster

• 2 weeks later...

His board says "Spooning leads to forking."

So true.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• Administrators

Yep and my wife wrote that..

Lets see if the transfer to a new server and upgraded version of PHP still causes the header error message in Chrome.

Nope, still a problem..

BTW the monitor on the right has been set to portrait so I can see really long pages without the need to scroll, really useful when the server monitor is running and I can easily see what's happening there. The middle monitor is a 24" with a screen res of 1920 X 1200 and the left one is 22"1920 X 1080. I have been looking around a lot for another 1920 X 1200 monitor, but they don't seem to be readily available and those that are, are really expensive.

Hans

Webmaster

• 1 month later...

Hans, within the past month. More of my posts are being posted but with delays and not in real-time. I have spoken to a few folks and they mention it hasn't happen to them. Is it because the browser or is it a keyword issue. I am confused.

I get the following message in my inbox when I try to reply to some threads:

"Hello Sean,

Thanks for posting on our enhanced discussion forum. Your topic and/or post copied below contains trigger words and/or phrases and must be approved by a moderator before going live. There is no need to post again. Once your post has been approved, it will appear in the appropriate discussion forum. In the event it is not approved, you will be notified by a moderator as to why. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

A copy of your post is below:"

I don't see what would be considered some trigger words in some of my recent posts. However, I know according to my personal email records that in March 2012 I made a post regarding certain doctors I could not comment about or praise two of them rather due to legalities. That was mentioned and explained to me and was understandable. However, if there are certain keywords needing review first, is there a way to know so I can avoid any future delayed postings. What keywords cause a delay in posting after they are reviewed and what keywords should we avoid if that is the case? I'd like to be able to post in real-time again. Does it by any chance have to do anything with the Mozilla browser? Is it a technical issue or an actual keyword issue. Thanks for the help.

• Administrators

Hi Sean,

The browser makes no difference at all, however there is a table of "trigger words" in the system that will automatically put a post into a moderation queue and it could be that you may have used one of these when posting.

I will check with Bill and see if he is happy to post the list of trigger words publicly.

Hope this helps.

Hans

Webmaster

Hi Sean,

The browser makes no difference at all, however there is a table of "trigger words" in the system that will automatically put a post into a moderation queue and it could be that you may have used one of these when posting.

I will check with Bill and see if he is happy to post the list of trigger words publicly.

Hope this helps.

Hans, thank you so much for the help. I appreciate the explanation. The delayed postings were making some of my posts appear late while the thread was already advancing with new posts by other members unaware about my post. This made them overlook my post as the thread advanced and it was frustrating. That's why I had to ask. I appreciate your prompt response. Thanks again. :)

• 5 months later...
Corrupted Content Error

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because an error in the data transmission was detected. Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

For the record I'm a new member and am still getting this error message when posting a message using Firefox 18.0.1 on Mac 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard). My posts still appear though.

Posting this with Safari 5.1.7 to see what happens...

EDIT: No problem with Safari so it must be a Firefox issue.

• 3 weeks later...

Testing to see if error occurs with Windows 7 and Mozilla in Quick Reply.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.