Error when posting in Firefox

Radius

I get exactly the same thing as Sean. The duplicate post warning was the initial sign that the post had actually worked.

I always use the normal reply method (not quick reply), Firefox 8 and Windows XP. (Hey, at least my browser is up to date).

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I only have seen this error in FireFox, when using the advanced text box. I also notice from the screen shot that some users have more than one tab open on the HRN. This could also be something worth noting. Does the error occure when only a single tab of the site is open, or is it in all cases.

These may be insignificant questions, but will certainly help to establish if the issue can be replicated for all users and then we can start to debug.

Thanks

Hans

Webmaster

• Administrators

This is another test to see if I can replicate the error. This time using Chrome and the advanced text editor.

I did get the error that was reported and then went back to the forum and the post appeared there.

Interestingly, when I edit the post and still use the advanced feature, as I did when I add the screen shot of the error, it worked fine, without any issues.

forum-error.jpg

Hans

Webmaster

• Administrators

Using the advanced option and Firefox to try and replicate the problem.

Yes, I do get an error with both Chrome and Firefox, but not with any other browser.

I am in the proccess of trying to establish what could be causing this and what can be done to remedy this issue.

forum-error-firefox.jpg

Hans

Webmaster

I get the error when posting a normal reply (not a quick reply) in Firefox 8.0, on both my home pc (windows 7) and my work pc (windows xp).

Quick replies never give any error.

In Internet Explorer everything works fine.

• Administrators

Thanks Radius,

The error seems to happen only with Mozilla based browsers, such as FireFox and Google Chrome, as you also noticed, only when using the "Go Advanced" text option.

I am investigating this and as soon as there is a solution, it will be implemented.

Thanks.

Hans

Webmaster

I have the same problem everytime I post (I use Firefox, and each post says "Corrupted content error"), I get the error message and a box appears that asks if I want to resend the information, of which I click "yes" and it tells me "I cannot post a duplicate message", but it still always posts my original post regardless

• Administrators

We are aware of this and it does seem to be a problem in vBulletin and certain browsers. It usually manifests when using the "Go Advanced" reply/post option and this is where there are all sorts of errors. When using the "Quick Reply" it works fine.

Hopefully we will have a fix for this as soon as possible.

Best wishes.

Hans

Webmaster

• Administrators
I have no idea if it's related, but I can't post pics in my blog any more. The uploading process goes smoothly, and then the pics just won't show. I've tried it on firefox and safari.

I did test the posting on the HTN blog section using various browser and operating systems, but could not get an error to show. I managed to create new journal entries, edit existing ones without any errors showing at all. If you could check the version you are using and let me know what operating system and version you have, that would help me.

Also, if you could let me know what the file names are and what extentions of the images you are trying to upload, that would also help.

Hans

Webmaster

• Administrators

Just some feedback on this. So far tgere has been no information from vBulletin on how to fix this issue when using FireFox or Google Chrome. Posts do actually "work" even though you get an error message, but it is certainly something that does need to get fixed.

Hans.

The Hair Restoration Social Network Admin

Youdontsay,

I'm sorry you're having problems. Have you notified us about this before? I assume you're referring to the patient websites at Hair Transplant Web Sites Can you tell me more details about the problems you are having? Any error messages?

There were a few issues that were recently resolved, but I'm not aware of any ongoing problem.

Any additional information you can provide to help us troubleshoot the problem would be helpful.

Thanks,

Bill

youdontsay,

Our webmaster Hans is looking into this problem and will fix it once and for all. The good news is, I don't think you're going to have to re-upload the photos once its fixed as they appear to be there, they're just not displaying properly.

I will keep you posted.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Bill