Booked another strip

hairthere

Well, I just booked in with Dr. Feller for Feb. 2nd for one more strip. My goal with this procedure is to fill in the temple corners, be more aggressive with the temple points, and fill a small area in the forelock that has thinned. I guesstimated 1200 grafts and Dr. Feller confirmed after looking at some pics (although he still needs to examine my donor in person). This procedure will effectively get me to where I had hoped to be when I started this journey (mistakenly) with Joseph Karamikian. My hair is nearly 100% HT from hairline to crown as most of my native hair is now gone. I must admit, it has been a race to keep up with the hairloss and sometimes I wonder if I should have stayed on the meds. However, who knows how effective they would have been, and ultimately I'm glad to not have to take them every day and worry about when they will stop working.

I will continue to monthly update my progress with current HT, too.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Good luck. It looks like you have had <5000 grafts put in total. Is that right? If so, your results to date are even more impressive. What is your long term plan with the crown?

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Awesome dude! Get er done!

You're inspiring me to look into temple work myself.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Good luck to you pal!

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Congratulations HairThere! I hope you'll keep us updated.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Hairthere

Good luck, I must admit, I wasnt expecting another procedure from you quite this quick. I'm sure this will do it as you hair looks pretty solid now! How are you feeling about your one from last February? Are you still happy with it ? I guess you and I will be recovering around the same timeframe now.

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Good Stuff Hairthere! Finish the job now and you won't have to worry about hairloss ever again!!! Your hair looks great as is...so this HT will def put you over the top with great hair! Congrats!

@All: Thanks for the kind words!

Newhair, to be honest I wasn't really planning on doing another one this quick after the last one. But the hair from the previous one is coming in so nicely, I just feel like I might as well go for the hairline and temple points that I've always wanted. It's like the previous two were simply to fix Karamikian's bad work and then reverse the hairloss. This one is to put the icing on the cake. It's definitely a case of hair greed.

Capelli, thanks, and that's exactly my thinking.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

It's hard not to get hair greed when you have successful work done.

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

aaron, Our cases are very similar. I think if we both didn't misstep with that first HT then two procedures would have been enough. Live and learn, and thank goodness for the HTN.

newhair, I'm sure Dr. Rahal can fix you with one pass. The question is whether or not your remaining native hair will stick around. It also depends on what your goals are, but those can change quickly. At first I would have been happy just to have my receded hairline and no diffuse thinning and balding crown back. But now I see that I can potentially look even better than I did in college, so I'm going for it!

orlhair, thanks bro, this should do it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hair there , we started on this forum at the same time and its been great to see your hair grow in , I'm sure many readers and posters are greatful fot the feed back and contributions you have made to this forum .

Great pics , straight forward advice and experience , you've come a long way from the minigrafts the first guy gave you , Dr Feller has really helped your cause .

Another strip will hopefully see you pass your original goal and look better than you did at college !

Well done and good luck

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

Richie, thanks bro. It has been a long ride for sure. It's funny because most people in my life (other than my wife and a few close friends) have no idea how much I've struggled with hair loss. When is your next op booked for?

Hairthere, it's great that you have the donor available to cover everything. Some guys aren't that lucky. And like you said, you don't have to take Fin for the rest of your life!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Hairthere and Spex are going toe to toe for the world Ht record! Lol

Blimey after I wrote that I realised my fourth surgery is booked for February!

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

RC, It's actually not so much that I have a great deal of donor, it's that my donor is so thick. I used to hate having this hair as a kid because it was so hard to style; now I realize it's a blessing.

Bonk, Spex has been an influence and inspiration for sure. He's also been a wonderful resource of knowledge. So what is your goal with your next surgery? We'll be on the same timeline once again!

Spex, It's so true (the part about me being great that is). But seriously, and in all honesty, I wouldn't be able to have hair greed without the love and support of my better half. She really has encouraged me to get this done and to be happy with my appearance. She put it into perspective for me when she told me she would be doing the same exact thing if her hair started to go. Made me feel like less of a heel for spending so much of our money on this.

But seriously, and in all honesty, I wouldn't be able to have hair greed without the love and support of my better half. She really has encouraged me to get this done and to be happy with my appearance. She put it into perspective for me when she told me she would be doing the same exact thing if her hair started to go. Made me feel like less of a heel for spending so much of our money on this.

You're a lucky guy. I sorta feel rushed to get my hair taken care of before I'm married - or before I have someone telling me to save my money! :D

Orlhair I don't really check or take photos anymore that's why you haven't seen any, I find when you're a slow grower like me it's really annoying. Obviously I see my front first cm every time I look in the mirror and it's still how it was but you never know it may fill in also my crown is still behind but Like I say there's still a bit of time.

Hairthere I'm simply just gonna fill the gaps and have scar revision. Yes Spex is a great genuine guy but don't tell him I said that.

While we're on about wives and that I've pulled a proper fit bird with a little help from toppik lol but gonna have to get rid in February or think of a sweet plan not to see her for 6 months ha. Bit gutted about that but hey ho!

Edited by bonkerstonker

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Having a support network for a HT is huge...glad u seem to have a great one in ur wife. I am not married but wanted to take care of this prior to ever getting married and/or having a family. It is tough trying to date when u feel self concious and/or insecure about your hair...esp in the beginning of a relationship. I use toppik a lot so it was even harder to try to hide my use! I really believe getting a HT will help sure up any insecurities we have and as a result make us a better person esp to those who supported us. It may sound weird considering I just got my HT, but I feel a lot more confident and seem to have a better attitude in general. Hair loss has been such a huge albatross for me that I think just getting the procedure has lifted some of that off of me and changed me for the better already!

Having a support network for a HT is huge...glad u seem to have a great one in ur wife. I am not married but wanted to take care of this prior to ever getting married and/or having a family. It is tough trying to date when u feel self concious and/or insecure about your hair...esp in the beginning of a relationship. I use toppik a lot so it was even harder to try to hide my use! I really believe getting a HT will help sure up any insecurities we have and as a result make us a better person esp to those who supported us. It may sound weird considering I just got my HT, but I feel a lot more confident and seem to have a better attitude in general. Hair loss has been such a huge albatross for me that I think just getting the procedure has lifted some of that off of me and changed me for the better already!

It is odd that hairloss causes so much unconfidence and misery but i've spent all my adult life hiding it and fighting it's a real pain the ass that we all struggle with.

Edited by bonkerstonker

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1