Forum Etiquette

hairthere

There has been some real viciousness on this forum as of late. I'm not speaking of healthy, heated debating, but outright meanness towards one another. Now, this is not a new phenomenon on this forum; I have seen it happen from time to time and I understand we are dealing with touchy subject matters in an industry that's been notorious for taking advantage of people. I also realize it's very easy to say whatever you want when the anonymity of the internet serves as a barrier.

But at the risk of sounding cliched--let's all try and be a little nicer to one another. We are all battling the same issues here; some of us to more extreme degrees than others. Before you type that nasty retort, consider that the person on the other end has likely been through a very tough time dealing with hairloss, just as you have.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Shut up hairthere you freakin' idiot! My doctor is way better than yours! :mad:

Sorry, couldn't help myself there. ;) Good post and good reminder my friend. Some people get worked up way too easily.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Aaron, Yo momma so bald she took a shower and got brainwashed! But seriously, did you ever think you'd spend time reading a bunch of dudes debate hairloss?

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I know..For the most part everyone is very helpful and insightful. Hairthere is always been helpful on these boards. Maybe I just miss all the fussing and debating. I know there have been some issues but I try to stay away if my opinion is gonna cause a big stir! I totally agree with you Hairthere!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Aaron, Yo momma so bald she took a shower and got brainwashed!

Ahhhh, nah ya didn't. You just did not go there girlfriend. Oh snap! :D

But seriously, did you ever think you'd spend time reading a bunch of dudes debate hairloss?

It can actually be entertaining at times. I must admit the melodrama's on here are 10x better then anything on daytime TV. But it can also get really childish, annoying, and distracting from the wealth of good solid info on this forum.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Hairthere,

Nicely stated! Also, I wanted to remind everyone that if you do ever come across content which violates our terms of service (which includes this type of inappropriate, insulting behavior), please notify me or David and we will take care of it as soon as possible!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Hairthere,

I fully support everything that you and other forum members have said. Members should be able to share their comments without fear of being abused, insulted or intimidated, so long as their comments are genuine and submitted in a respectful manner.

Speaking from experience, I know first hand how it feels to be completely violated by inappropriate, insulting and defamatory behaviour, not least of all from a coalition doctor recommended on this site. Behaviour that was not pubilcally condemed by the moderators despite being some of the worst comments I have ever seen on this forum. Shameful in fact.....

Future, David, Bill,

I, and many others , will support you in your endeavour to tackle poor behaviour on the forum as I know first hand how damaging and upsetting it can be.

Hairthere: excellent thread.

Jessie1

Dr Feller Sept 2010

2 UK strip procedures 2007 and 2009

Edited by jessie1
'language' replaced with comments as this has been confused with profane language as per Bills comments.

Hairthere excellent thread but to be honest it kind of depends on who you are and what your from I personally have never seen anything under the belt but my belt is quite low so i'm not bothered what any keyboard warriors say on here but I think they will be people on here that are not used to banter and arguing etc.

I think most of the bitching and arguing is between the same people that generally don't like each other so it would be hard to eradicate the arguing when somebody does your head in. On a good note it is good entertainment sometimes and makes the time go quicker while you're waiting for your Ht to grow.

Aaron lmao.

Edited by bonkerstonker

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Hairthere,

Well said.

Jessie1,

I'm sorry if you felt that you were mistreated when you shared your experience. But your statement "worst language I have ever seen on this forum" is in my opinion, a gross exaggeration. In fact, I don't recall your physician using any profanity at all.

However, this topic is not the place to recap your experience. That said, we do take all complaints about forum etiquette seriously and we will certainly be monitoring for any unnecessary assaults from patients and physicians alike.

Best wishes,

Bill

Great post! It's true, we're all suffering the same battle. No need to bully or insult one and other.

& Bill-

Firstly, I agree with Jesse about his doctor

Secondly, you clearly forgot to include a key word in his description."Some of the worst..." is much different than "worst language I have ever seen on this forum"

Lastly, you're absolutely right! This isnt the place or post to discuss his issues.

I have to agree that I have seen some questionable posts recently too. One thing I don't understand is how certain members apply different standards to the treatment of others than to themselves.

Many posters recommend their own doctor because they have had such a wonderful result. But sometimes, these same posters accuse certain other posters who do so of being paid for it.

The member named Lorenzo is someone who comes to mind. I notice that he has to go out of his way to NOT recommend H&W anymore because people continue to suggest that he is being paid to do so. That is not fair to him. He has had a great experience with H&W so why should he feel guilty about recommending them to others?

Another recent example is from two posters, Hairthere and Corvette, who recommended their own separate doctors and the same financing option they used to a new member who was asking about financing options. Along comes another couple posters who attack and accuse Corvette of having a financial stake in his recommendations, but the attackers didn't mention anything about Hairthere who had stated that he had a positive experience with the same financing company, but a different NY doctor. They just singled out Corvette and accused him of working for his doctor and credit company.

I do not see any reason to believe that Hairthere or Corvette are working for their docs or the credit companies. To accuse either one is bad etiquette and a form of mudslinging. They are both just like Lorenzo, telling about what worked for them, and both even went so far as to recommend to do plenty of research before choosing a doc or financing company.

One more very recent example that I saw was a poster attack one of the moderators, David Taking the Plunge, for allegedly giving bad advice or misleading the OP of a thread. It was clear to me that David Taking the Plunge had simply made a human error of misinterpreting what was a poorly written and ambiguous question from the OP. I also had misunderstood the OP because he wasn't very clear in his writing, but another poster came along and attacked the moderator for a simple misunderstanding.

One important detail I think I should mention is that the victims of the attacks, Lorenzo, Corvette and David Taking the Plunge, all three have one vital thing in common: they are three of the few members who actually reveal their identities, while their attackers are all anonymous!

These are just a few of the things I have seen that I dislike. I don't see why people can't be given the benefit of the doubt and why some feel that they have a right to make outrageous accusations against others, especially considering that from what I have seen, it is mostly the anonymous posters that do all the attacking, mudslinging and have the poor etiquette.

Galts very interesting post especially the anonymous bit but I don't think people who don't show they're face are anonymous as we stand by our names, there's a lot of posters that make up fake accounts and names so they can cause abuse, anything I have to say has my name next to it and I stand by what I say until convinced I'm wrong which I'm not ashamed to admit I am wrong sometimes.

All the regular posters know each other and posting habits well so we have ongoing opinions of each other. With you being new i can see why you'd think what you did. Me being one of attackers did not just see that one post and make my comment that's why it's hard for you to understand why I didn't say the same about hairthere in that post. There's a lot of ongoing banter, cheerleading, team play and friendships just like in the real world. If you go back to that thread you'll see my last post saying I was just messing.

Edited by bonkerstonker

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Again, I have no issues with debates and I understand why they get heated. It's when posters start taking personal shots and demeaning one another that the thread gets so off topic it is no longer helpful. And in many instances I think it can turn people off and away who have come here for help. The guy who started the thread galtsglutch mentioned seems to have disappeared completely.

At any rate, let's not turn this thread into an argument about not-arguing...peace!