7 month Update Dr. Feller 2200 grafts

hairthere

Well, I just went to get a proper haircut in a salon for the first time in six years last week. The hairdresser could not tell I had a HT. It's really starting to take off now. I feel a ton of new growth from the crown to the vertex, too. Hair in pics is dry with a touch of gel. Bye-bye Dermatch!

5b32cf9a9416c_Photo97.jpg.f608720656d29ea8b981f464e7fd16f1.jpg

5b32cf9aa63f6_Photo98.jpg.84d55f79d00693a1887b793ccbdcb5f8.jpg

5b32cf9ab739f_Photo101.jpg.34c15803292e9a6514a10bb44a38e849.jpg

5b32cf9ac6ef4_Photo102.jpg.57f51b5f980c0df38af20f564a4019fd.jpg

5b32cf9ad86dc_Photo103.jpg.b80890bea2e924902a3901f45f84d43e.jpg

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Pic 1 is a few weeks post op from my first surgery with Dr. Feller. Pic #2 is immediately post-op Karamikian. Looking at the work Karamikian did in the crown makes me cringe....

100_1891.jpg.d9d00a1bd2fddcf39265704941bee68a.jpg

5b32cf9b2a406_4thdaypostop.jpg.0e08dbca2b0033ededa67827a9a40d4e.jpg

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Awesome, awesome, awesome! The last couple of months have treated you well hairthere. You are approaching spex-level hair now. Can't wait to see the 12 month B&A's!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Thanks everyone for the nice comments! I will keep updating monthly so long as there's some major changes...

For the future (yes, I have hair greed!) I would hope to lower the temples a bit and get a bit more aggressive with the temple points. I also would want to hit the forelock with some more grafts as well as a spot in the right hairline. I'm going to discuss this with Dr. F. when I go in for a 12 month visit.

Edited by hairthere

Thanks New hair, it would be nice but I see myself getting the tps hit again and bringing in the temple corners down a notch. Nothing major but enough to really tie it all together. I'd say 600-700 grafts would do it,

Looking great pal I'm really looking forward to your 12 month pictures.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

This is an excellent result Hairthere! I love the hairline and the hairstyle!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Hairthere i bet if you brushed your hair all back with a bit of wave it would look even thicker.

I have curly hair like you but mines quite frizzy and when i brush it one way instead of the scruffy curly look it looks a lot better.

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

@RC: Thanks much!

@Bonker: Yes it does look thicker with some wave and length to it, and the wife loves it that way too. I went a bit shorter so the HT hair would have a chance to catch up length-wise and to give it some shape. I must admit, it was also nice to go into a hair salon and get pampered a bit.

Have you noticed as your hair has been getting thicker your curl is taking over a bit? It's things like that which have been indicating to me my hair is progressing as there's not a huge change visually in thickness but the texture, colour and curl has really been making moves as i find it hard to keep my hair straight nowadays.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

bonker: While quite thick, my donor-area hair has always been straighter and less wavy than my hair up top. And it has kept those characteristics even after transplanting. I actually like it better as I always wanted straight hair. Of course, the wave does provide better coverage, so it's a double-edged sword...