I've made my decision!!!!

Capelli11

Hey All!

I have been on this site for a very long time reading everyone’s posts and getting enough of knowledge and experience to start really doing something about my 10 + year battle with hairloss. With all my knowledge I literally was able to consult with all the top doctors and even flew across the country to have a consult. I wanted to formally let everyone know that I have decided on going with Dr. Rahal in December (strip procedure-approx. 3k grafts).

I want to thank literally everyone who contributes to this wonderful forum that has given me the courage and knowledge to go forward in putting my hairloss behind me soon! It is amazing how many people have helped me and were and still are willing to email with me and also speak on the phone in helping me on their journey. I honestly could not have done it without you!

For those who are curious to see why I made my decision as I always was curious what drives someone to pick a doctor, there are sooo many great doctors I almost felt like I had to choose between a Ferrari and a Lamborghini…tough decisions! Lol. I am mainly a hairline case and at the end of the day you really need to go to the doctor that truly specializes in your kind of loss and produces CONSISTENT results…not just in pictures but also in person which I truly believe everyone should ideally see patients in person to see the true work of the doctor…examine their hair, talk with them about their experience and look at their scar because these are the things that really will seal the deal one way or the other for you. It really sealed my deal. I was thankful to reach out to patients of Dr. Rahal and email and chat with them and also meet them in person. Make sure also that they have your hairloss pattern as well! If you want strip then there are certain doctors that are great at strip…if you want FUE there are other doctors that you should consider…don’t automatically think because a doctor is great at strip that he will also be great at FUE…you have to SEE the results and make sure they are consistent results as even a broken clock is right twice a day!!! Dr. Rahal is proven in the hairline design and implementation department producing consistent unmatched results with his dense packing. He was extremely humble and exudes a ton of confidence without being cocky which is characteristic every doctor should/needs to possess. I never really believed this statement but it thankfully happened in that when you meet the right doctor for your HT, you will just know he is the one…tacky as that clich? is, it really is true at least in my case. You want to be 100% confident in your decision and doctor and never look back and thankfully I haven’t looked back since my decision which is rare for me because I second guess everything in my life! At this stage of my life I am tired of fighting hair loss and I want my hair back and in December I will get this! After I made my decision, I suddenly felt happy and encouraged that my hairloss issues will soon be gone so that I can finally move on from this emotionally and mentally crippling disease I have had for many years. It sounds pretty dramatic but in fact it really isn’t as we all suffer from issues that we struggle with on a daily basis and I feel if we have a chance at hopefully getting over them naturally that is great but sometimes we need some intervention…and my intervention is a HT.

If anyone is on the fence about Dr. Rahal, I would absolutely be open to hearing your concerns as I had a great experience with him during my multiple consultations with him!

So now that I have finally chosen my doctor, I will definitely have pre-op and post-op questions for everyone. I’m starting my scalp exercises this week! Thanks again everyone and I look forward to documenting my journey!

P.S. I attached the design...I want to play with the temple points a little bit more to make them more prominent (nothing crazy though). Let me know your feedback!

5b32cf89f0eef_facedown.jpg.e09290fea22c6f799bfd0ebfdc948707.jpg

5b32cf8a103e9_frontface.jpg.3a234a217cf78c9a34b46a341a41888f.jpg

left.jpg.86adc56db77ac4219d35feca856f2e96.jpg

right.jpg.6c219b36f96a435e602250d33744cfe2.jpg

Solid decision, Capelli11. Congrats on the end of your jet setting consultations, lol! Keep us all updated on your progress once you have your procedure.

Edited by Jotronic

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I've seen so many Rahal patients like you who end up looking like a million bucks afterward. I'd say good luck but you really don't need it.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Nice.....you chose a great doctor. It is a great feeling when you finally make that decision.....it is a big relief. Very happy for you and look forward to seeing your progress after your surgery.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

I'm happy to hear that you've made the decision. You certainly did your home work and I think you've made a good choice. I look forward to following your progress

Edited by Levrais
Typo

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

Capelli11,

Congratulations on your decision to take control of your hair loss and also your choice of surgeon. I'm looking forward to the after photos.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Yep, Rahal is in my top three also.

I'm after FUE and I think the pool of choice is a little more restricted.

Glad you have made your choice as my head is still making a buzzing noise!

Love the design...

Jessie

Edited by jessie1
type error

So glad that you have made the right choice after your research. I loved it when you said "He was extremely humble and exudes a ton of confidence without being cocky which is characteristic every doctor should/needs to possess", I told you if you have a private conversation with Dr. Rahal, you will discover the great friendly manners he has which made me chose him right away. However when it comes to hairlines its always Rahal. For you info, even though I'm overseas he still answers my call and ask about how I'm healed and progressed. What a Doc..Good luck bro.

Edited by HARIRI

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Guest alicejames77

You did take a lot of time to analyze and make your decision. But the plan you've made to get your hair done like, is really good..!

wish you luck

Capelli

Grerat Post. I am also considering Rahal? I will e on my 3rd procedure. 1st HT done with Cohen and 2nd done with Dr Feller. Feller was ok in my opinion, there were a few things that have kept me from going back. Now I am considering Rahal.

Would you have 15 minutes to speak over the phone sometime? If so let me know a good number to reach you at.

Kind Regards

Riggs

Hey Riggs...no problem as I am always open to speaking to any members to help them out as I have had the great benefit from speaking to sooo many of the members on this forum...it definitely helps! I will email you my phone number.

Good luck! December in Canada, I'm in Janurary. Like the others have stated, good luck, however, I feel you certainly have chosen one of the top one or two surgeons in the world!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Thanks...I'm curious to see how much it snows in Ottawa...that should add another wonderful element in my HT stress level! lol.

Thanks...I'm curious to see how much it snows in Ottawa...that should add another wonderful element in my HT stress level! lol.

Capelli, I hope you checked out the Foxbar nearby the clinic. Even if it does snow, you are right there for a checkup so you wont have to worry about driving in the snow. Hopefully, it doesn't snow but it's Canada, there is a chance it might around that time.

Are you considering on driving or taking a flight?

I drove and it probably took me about the same amount of time it took you. I can tell you this, if you do drive and end up staying more than 2 days, the night of the 2nd and then third day you might have some serious swelling start around the eyes. It cleared for me somewhat on the 4th day enough for me to drive home. I had originally planned to stay for 3 days, but had to make it 4 due to that. Everyone is different, you may not have swelling like I did. But just to be on the safe side, keep it in mind, so you know what to possibly expect.

Look forward to seeing your updates. Good Luck.

Hey Sean...yeah I'm staying at the Foxbar the night before my procedure and then 4 nights afterwards...so I'm hoping that is enough of time for any swelling to go down...still a little nervous about that. I decided it is cheaper and easier for me to drive even though it is a good drive (7-9 hours give or take). I am curious to see how I will be able to drive though after those 4 nights of staying in Ottawa...can anyone else who had FUT tell me if driving is advisable after say 4 nights?

Sean...how are you doing? everything healing...any shedding yet? Hope all is well!

You will be leaving on the 5th day following surgery, so it should not be any problem for you to drive. It varies, but if you have swelling, you could still have some but it should mostly be gone. Other than that, you should be fine to drive. If you are still having any pain that needs medication, you can just take Tylenol that day.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Hey Sean...yeah I'm staying at the Foxbar the night before my procedure and then 4 nights afterwards...so I'm hoping that is enough of time for any swelling to go down...still a little nervous about that. I decided it is cheaper and easier for me to drive even though it is a good drive (7-9 hours give or take). I am curious to see how I will be able to drive though after those 4 nights of staying in Ottawa...can anyone else who had FUT tell me if driving is advisable after say 4 nights?

Sean...how are you doing? everything healing...any shedding yet? Hope all is well!

Capelli, you should be good to go and able to drive home without issues. Those 4 nights should be sufficient and the drive isn't an issue I think. It's gonna suck the first week, but just make sure as soon as you are back at Foxbar, try to eat your food with the medications as directed and not to take the meds on an empty stomache, and stay at a 45 degree angle using the recliners. You really have to sleep in that position, I don't even think I used the bed the whole time I was there, other then the first night I arrived, the night before my procedure.

As for driving, I had no issues driving back home after my procedure. You know why it is a good choice to drive back too? Because post op care also involves spraying the grafts with solution every 4 hours, and when your driving back, you can park at a rest area and make sure you spray the recipient area to keep it moist. With airlines, they have that NO outside Liquid on aircraft rule,, so they might throw away that solution or tell you to put it in your check in. You don't want to miss any part of your instructions. Just make sure you keep the sun out of your way, obviously, they will give you a surgical cap you can wear during the drive, they'll give you everything you need to take care of things when you are done. I drove the same amount of time you did, and it wasn't bad. I would not be comfortable with flights though for various reasons, one the swelling made me look kinda funny, and the fact that I had to spray my recipient area every 4 hours or so around the same time I took my antibiotics. There was someone that did strip and stayed 2 weeks because I think they wanted to get donor area checked or follow up on stitches, and they also got daily cleanings the time they were there and so did I.

It may kind of suck the first night after the procedure, as it did for almost all of us at Foxbar. But after that it is smooth. Don't worry too much about the driving. Just as long as you are following post op instructions and you sleep 45 degree angle, your good to go. My eyes swelled on the second night/third day, 4th day they were still swollen, BUT I was able to open them and see without any resistance since they weren't that bad.

I am doing alright, still following instructions. I will update pics at my one month mark coming up in few days. Everything seems to be healing well and yes there is shedding. I am noticing it. You'll see in a few days when I post pics. Thanks for asking.

Edited by Sean

@Capelli: Sounds like your goals are realistic and the reputation of your doctor is stellar. Best of luck on the procedure and keep us posted.

Jan 2000 - 600 FUT with Dr Kurgis (MHR)

Sept 2011 - 1411 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Jan 2013 - 1800 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Sep 2014 - 1000 FUE with Dr Paul Shapiro

My Hairloss Blog »