Recommended Surgeons using ACELL!

HARIRI

Is Acell really beneficial? I heard that some HT surgeons are using it, Can I know which doctors from the recommended doctors in this forum using it?

I heard Dr. Shapiro & Dr. Cooley using it. Any more???

Edited by HARIRI

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Dr. Rassman uses it also. There's several who are, but it's an extra $500 if a patient wants to use it and that just covers the cost of the ACell.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

RC WEST, what are the advantages of using it? Can you tell me more? I heard its more than a fast scar healing!

My Hair Treatments:

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Hariri , with the greatest respect I think rather than ask the question " what is acell " perhaps a better question would be " is acell beneficial " ? .. lots of mixed opinions on this

best wishes

ej

Hariri, it was used during my surgery in the donor and for the grafts as well. It promotes healing and may promote growth. Dr. Cooley has a series of videos on it. I can't remember if they are on his site or if the links are on here somewhere. I healed really fast in both the donor and the recipient area and I already have a good bit of growth and I am just short of 3 months (I will post some additional photos at the 3 month mark). I don't know if that is from the ACell or not, but that is the idea behind it from what I read and saw from Dr. Cooley's work and from what SMG told me about it.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

So as I understood they are SHAPIRO, COOLEY & RASSMAN. Any other Docs from the recommneded surgeons list using this technology???

My Hair Treatments:

Hariri,

Its important to keep an `open mind` on new technology , remember PRP !! .. all over the forums and then ` puff` dissapears ! wait for the results and see thats my view on it

regards

ej

ps I read about a poster pvtpoint who had acel , he said he spoke with Dr Feller who does not use it , and Dr Bernstien had mixed views on it , if i read it right the acel caused the tissue to go soft and therefore caused a wider scar I think the term used was ` hindered ` the healing rather than helped , would be good to hear Dr Bernsteins views on this

Edited by ej

I consulted with several doctors before my procedure with Dr. Cooley. Dr. Cooley seemed very knowledgeable about ACell and did not overpromise -- he said he has seen benefits in both the donor area and recipient area. Some other doctors with whom I spoke said that they will use ACell and that, while it will make the FUT donor scar "feel" better, they don't believe it will have much more of an effect. I can't compare how my repair procedure would have worked with other doctors, but I do know that I seem to be healing nicely and the recipient area and plug reduction sites and donor area have healed quickly and I'm satisfied with the progress.

I am 6 weeks out from my HT with Acell. I have to wait to see if there is any positive recipient area since I am still waiting for growth to start. What I can say is that my scar is completely flat and very hard to find. Also- it seemed like it was very well healed about 36 hours out. My regular family Dr. saw it 72 hours after the surgery and said it looked like the scar had healed for at least 3 weeks. That alone was worth the little extra cost to me.

Hariri, it was used during my surgery in the donor and for the grafts as well. It promotes healing and may promote growth. Dr. Cooley has a series of videos on it. I can't remember if they are on his site or if the links are on here somewhere. I healed really fast in both the donor and the recipient area and I already have a good bit of growth and I am just short of 3 months (I will post some additional photos at the 3 month mark). I don't know if that is from the ACell or not, but that is the idea behind it from what I read and saw from Dr. Cooley's work and from what SMG told me about it.

Did Dr Shapiro charge you $500 extra for the ACell ?

SMG charges whatever it costs to restock the ACell. I believe it was around $400-500. They don't profit from it. I looked into it for my last procedure.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

SMG charges whatever it costs to restock the ACell. I believe it was around $400-500. They don't profit from it. I looked into it for my last procedure.

Did you use it ? If so did you notice a difference between your last procedure with Paul and the one before that ( assuming you didn't use it on both).

I am getting about 1K Strip in my hairline sometime in 2012 with Ron and if he says it's worth it I will probably go for it. I imagine he will have a lot of feedback by the time I go in as I'm not sure when he started using it.

Thanks

Did you use it ? If so did you notice a difference between your last procedure with Paul and the one before that ( assuming you didn't use it on

I didn't use it but I will for an upcoming scar revision.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

It was an extra charge.....i believe it was 100 for the donor and either 300 or 400 for the grafts. It was basically the cost of the ACell

So I'm guessing it will not be as much for my ~1000 grafts in the hairline as it was for your procedure that was much double the size.

If Ron reccomends it I will use it

if Ron tells you to stick your hand in the fire would you ?

Have you always been such a jerkoff or is it something new ?

Listen Skippy if one of the top HT surgeons in thw world says he has something that is inexpensive and he thinks it makes your scar heal better and is seeing that grafts aren't shedding after surgery you take it.

Edited by Profoam

Really ?? And what if it does not make it better ? what if it makes it worse ?

Dr Bernstein has commented to a poster (pvt point ) who has had this treatment and does not seem very happy about the results, that it may hinder the healing , he is a top doc also so i value his opinion , anyway sounds like you know better !

Hi Guys,

Just a friendly reminder to stay on topic and avoid any sort of personal attacks :D Thanks!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Really ?? And what if it does not make it better ? what if it makes it worse ?

Dr Bernstein has commented to a poster (pvt point ) who has had this treatment and does not seem very happy about the results, that it may hinder the healing , he is a top doc also so i value his opinion , anyway sounds like you know better !

Here's an idea then..............................DON'T USE IT !

I would love to see that reply though, Acell hinder healing. Do some research, it may not be the hair multiplication answer but it's proven to heal wounds.

I never said I knew better so don't put words in my mouth, what I said is I trust Dr Shapiro and believe HE DOES KNOW BETTER !

"

MatriStem MicroMatrix, a product of regenerative medicine, ACell, Inc., is a wound healing powder that promotes healing and tissue growth and has now proven to help regenerate hair in the donor and recipient regions of hair transplant patients. While intended to heal ulcers and burns, Gary Hitzig, M.D. and Jerry Cooley, M.D., have found that its properties offer a broader scope of treatment, including hair cloning. “We’ve made amazing breakthroughs using MatriStem as a hair cloning tool,” said Dr. Hitzig. “We’ve been able to multiply the number of hair follicles growing in the recipient area, and as an added benefit are seeing faster hair growth. This new hair cloning technique also makes hair transplantation surgery less invasive.”

Edited by Profoam

like i said you know better ..... we all bow down to your superior knowledge

NO ! I said RON SHAPIRO KNOWS BETTER !

Why are you saying we ? You're the only person here acting like an fool.

Anytime you want to post that link to Bernstein saying ACELL hinders wound healing will be fine

you go get your acell , if it worked why would it be free ? or cheap ? or classed as an addition ? work it out big guy

So you think Ron Shapiro would sell you something AT COST that could possible make the HT WORSE ?

I already worked it out.

Anytime on that link or should I assume it was pure BS ?