Recommended Surgeons using ACELL!

HARIRI

why not lets stick with what we know !

Scars heal differently , some quicker , some better than others

Shockloss happens to some but not all

everyone heals differently

we know this ! so acell and the claims made are pretty much inconclusive at the moment , therefore would it not be better to take a wait and see approach ? no matter who says what !

why not lets stick with what we know !

Scars heal differently , some quicker , some better than others

Shockloss happens to some but not all

everyone heals differently

we know this ! so acell and the claims made are pretty much inconclusive at the moment , therefore would it not be better to take a wait and see approach ? no matter who says what !

I think you forgot that link yet again

find it yourself brother hopefully before you buy into the deal ! your boring me now as your attitude needs working on so good luck buddy !

Am I boring you or is just that your BS has been called and he never said that ?

Now go away please

hey your the big man , what you say goes , ive gone away because you told me to ... go get your acell big boy

Now I know why you won't post the link, it's because you are FOS and a liar !!

First Dr Bernstein never even replied about ACELL , it was SPEX who replied to Pvtpoint2010 and said he didn't like it and would never reccomend it which will be even funnier if Feller starts using it in the future. You also chimed in ( sensing a theme here) about how Acell is unproven

#37 Top report.gif

post_old.gif 11-20-2010, 10:14 AM

image.php?u=149998&dateline=1315485786spex user_offline.gif

Celestial Follicle Club Member

icon1.gif

In my opinion after meeting an Acell patient recently I would not have it performed on me as the result was not good in my opinion and the patient was pretty disappointed too.

2nd DR Cooley who is doing the study on ACELL and did the surgey on the patient in question had this to say.

"By the time we did this case, I had enough experience with ACell to know that it would provide a modest benefit to the result, not changing the overall look, but ehancing the feel by reducing fibrotic scar tissue under the surface. It was not used on the grafts in this case."

Im sorry if I'm going to take SMG's and Dr Cooley's advice regarding ACELL over a dr's rep named SPEX and a FOS poster named EJ

I also find it funny how you would even mention a poster named PVTpoint2010 who has 4 posts total on this forum and hasn't made a post on this forum in over a year. And further more you a quoting a thread in which the last post was made 10 months ago ..............strange

Edited by Profoam

With all due respect.I have done my own research into this subject and interviewed several well known Doctors about the use of acell to treat scars and transplant grafts soaked in Acell. The majority of Hair transplant doctors had nothing positive to say about this method of treatment. Most were not convinced and even one doctor who is well known told me it actually made a scar worse when used on one half of the donor incision. I took into consideration when Dr Hitzig mentioned that doctors need to use the right combination of acell soaked in a proper dosage of saline solution to ensure a positive outcome. Bottom line is it is too early to make a conclusive statement that acell works to benefit scar healing as well as hair multiplication.The reason for hair growth in recipient sites can be due to a number of other factors that can include the use of propecia along with rogaine and the fact that needles are inserted to create recipient sites that can increase temporary blood flow and cause some minor hair growth.Further testing needs to be done on a more consistent basis to make a positive conclusion.I am not a doctor and my advice is based on my own opinions.

FYI i wasnt quoting the thread you refer to , you need to conduct more research and learn how to conduct yourself in a civil manner , were all here to share info and experiences , based upon my own experiences i simply state that a `wait and see approach ` is a common sense approach

Will be interesting to read Dr Bernstiens views on Acel , I hope they are positive ,its not about who is right and who is wrong ,but what works and what doesnt , lets wait and see shall we !

ej

In my opinion, there is no clear answer here. This is an individual decision that people should make based on reading the research and consulting with their doctor. In my post on this I stated that I healed fast and growth started early. I was also clear that I did not know if using ACell had anything to do with that. Dr. Cooley's research is fairly extensive and seems to indicate it helps with healing. I have not seen anything to support it helping with multiplication. SMG did not push this at all. They offered it and really I got the feeling from my discussion with them that it was unnecessary for me to use it. I just decided that there was no downside and it might increase my chance for an optimum outcome. I can understand people deciding to use it and people deciding not to use it.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

FYI i wasnt quoting the thread you refer to , you need to conduct more research and learn how to conduct yourself in a civil manner , were all here to share info and experiences , based upon my own experiences i simply state that a `wait and see approach ` is a common sense approach

Will be interesting to read Dr Bernstiens views on Acel , I hope they are positive ,its not about who is right and who is wrong ,but what works and what doesnt , lets wait and see shall we !

ej

\

Do you remember my original post in which I said this ?

"I am getting about 1K Strip in my hairline sometime in 2012 with Ron and if he says it's worth it I will probably go for it. I imagine he will have a lot of feedback by the time I go in as I'm not sure when he started using it."

That kind of sounds like a wait and see approach don't you think. ? All of this because I said I was going to take Ron Shapiro's advice, WOW !

Yoy started attacking me with your snide remarks like "jumping in a fire", "BIG GUY" and saying I know more than everyone else. Now you are trying to play Mr Nice guy after I caught you in an OUTRIGHT LIE !!!!

I have been around this forum, Hair loss help, Hair Loss talk, etc since the early 2000's up until 2009. I took a break because of clowns like you spreading BS and making up their own facts but the fact that you continue to lie sets you apart

Edited by Profoam

FYI i wasnt quoting the thread you refer to ,

You referred me to a poster named PVTpoint2012. That poster has 4 posts, only one of the discussed ACELL.

So you just follow up your lies with more lies, sad

Edited by Profoam

Guys,

Blake has already posted here requesting that you remain civil. This forum is not a venue for petty bickering and insults and our Terms of Service clearly states that personal attacks are prohibited.

We go out of our way here not to close topics but, should the conversation proceed in this manner, allowing it to continue will not benefit anyone.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

\

"I am getting about 1K Strip in my hairline sometime in 2012 with Ron and if he says it's worth it I will probably go for it. I imagine he will have a lot of feedback by the time I go in as I'm not sure when he started using it."

Hi Profoam,

I am not trying to be smart or anything, but why did you decide to have a strip for a relatively small job?

Atticus

600 FUE - 12/07 - Performed by Dr. Umar of Redondo Beach, CA

*****300 leg hair FUE implanted 7/12 to the eyebrows - 150 each eyebrow. Performed by Dr. Umar.

Guys,

Blake has already posted here requesting that you remain civil. This forum is not a venue for petty bickering and insults and our Terms of Service clearly states that personal attacks are prohibited.

We go out of our way here not to close topics but, should the conversation proceed in this manner, allowing it to continue will not benefit anyone.

With all dues respect how is pointing out all the lies EJ has thrown out there in this thread not remaining civil on my part ?

Profoam,

You can engage in a debate without resorting to name calling. Using the term "FOS" is not civil. I'm not going to jump into the fray and start debating what's appropriate and what is not. Refer to our Terms of Service.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Profoam,

You can engage in a debate without resorting to name calling. Using the term "FOS" is not civil. I'm not going to jump into the fray and start debating what's appropriate and what is not. Refer to our Terms of Service.

That's funny an accronym is now something terrible but outright lies by EJ are OK

I cant post the link profoam as posting of external links isnt allowed , read the terms of service ..

`aski ` earlier refered to what i read , and i believe refers to Dr Bernstiens trials with acel , hence my comments as to waiting for his results

putting your ` hand in the fire` is an expression used to adopt caution before embarking on a course of action that may result in a harmful outcome , if you took it the wrong way thats you problem ! ...

Calling people a liar , and dragging others into this , who have not even posted on this thread ..well ... " thats just not cricket old boy "

Acel has been used for the last 2 years , were are all the results ?

ej

Dr Bernstein has commented to a poster (pvt point ) who has had this treatment and does not seem very happy about the results, that it may hinder the healing , he is a top doc also so i value his opinion ,

How long are you going to keep up your lies ?

PM the link to me ( if it exists) or just go away.

Edited by Profoam

Acel has been used for the last 2 years , were are all the results ?

ej

AGAIN< AGAIN AGAIN> I said this before you butted in with your snide remarks,

I am going to wait and see, GET IT ? Do You understand, WAIT AND SEE !

what part of cant post an outside link dont you understand ??....

As much as it bothers you , im afraid your just going to have to wait for the overall feedback from the Drs using acell ,and inparticular Dr Bernsteins results , if you can wait until next year for your Drs reccomendation why cant you wait for Dr Bernsteins views ???

Why are you insisting i break the terms of service just to please you ? your argument is basically about me posting an outside link that you dont agree with !

Why are you so aggresive just because somebody does not agree with you or challenges your opinion ? the thread was started to gather info on acell , you have tried to turn and twist it into an undignified and ungentlemanly debacle, of which i will no longer participate in , your argument is pathetic to say the least , go try intimidate someone else

As much as it bothers you , im afraid your just going to have to wait for the overall feedback from the Drs using acell ,

OH YOU MEAN LIKE I SAID I WAS GOING TO DO IN THE FIRST PLACE ! I shave my current scar to a #3 no problem so it's not even a big deal.

"I am getting about 1K Strip in my hairline sometime in 2012 with Ron and IF HE SAYS IT"S WORTH IT I will probably go for it. I IMAGINE HE WILL HAVE A LOT OF FEEDBACK BY THE TIME I GO IN as I'm not sure when he started using it."

Edited by Profoam

More lies, email it to me then.

BTW if I want advice from someone his HT is going to look a LITTLE better than yours

I'm not responding to you anymore so have the last word if you want it and I KNOW YOU WILL

MODS, is there an ignore user feature on this forum

Edited by Profoam