15 Month Results after Second Hair Transplant - Dr. Alexander

Hi Guys,

I'm just about 15 months post-op from my second hair transplant with Dr. Alexander and I'm very happy with my results. The last time I consulted with him we discussed adding a few hundred grafts to build up the right side but, in looking at the pics, I think I can live with it for the time being.

I had a haircut today and decided to snap some quick pics with my webcam. I know they're not the best but I never seem to have the time to drag out my good camera and tripod anymore. You can view them here.

Anyway, I thought my hair came out great today and wanted to share. I had the sides cut with #4. I didn't ask for a specific length on top but simply described for her how I wanted to style it. I've got a little Aveda Pure Abundance Hair Potion (which I'm not convinced makes much of a difference) and Samy Under Control Molding Wax in it. For the record, I liked the FX wax I was using previously a little better.

Your honest comments and sincere questions are always appreciated.

All the best,

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Ahairdown,

Thanks! I appreciate it! The wax doesn't really make it look fuller but adds texture and aids styling.. I've always liked wax because it doesn't harden or set. You can always restyle your hair.

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

Plunge,

Your hair is looking great! I really think the 2nd procedure put you where you need to be.

The style is a good one for you and especially for transplanted hair. I do think you could use a dryer look. The hair in the front does clump together in the pics (water, styling agents?) and makes it look a little more thin than it needs to be. But it does look great for sure.

I'd say hold off on another procedure for now until the connecting section between the frontal third and the crown thins more. You're looking good bro. :D

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

aaron,

Thanks for the feedback and compliments! I definitely see your point about the clumping in the top view pics. I do like how it looks from the front and sides though. I've been experimenting with a number of products and sometimes I find the occasional surprise "good hair day" when I've done absolutely nothing to it but towel it off and allow it to dry naturally.

I'm glad it looks as good as it does since my wallet won't permit another procedure for quite a while.

Yeah, you're totally right. I didn't really notice it until I saw the over head shots... those definitely give a different picture of how one stands. You should definitely be happy with where you are at now! No need to break the bank again at this point.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Looking great plunge. Do you use the aveda shampoo mate? I was thinking about getting some of them products from that post on here like the samy, fx, and aveda potion.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

David,

I think your hair looks very full. Compared to your preop its a night and day difference. If your hair had always looked like it does now, you probably would never have even looked at a ht site.

Enjoy!

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

Looks really good! I agree with above posts about product clumping. I have the same problem. I usually let the style set and then brush my hair lightly a bit with my hands which diffuses the product a bit and makes it look more dense.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Looks great David!

I remember some time back reading that you initially thought that it was going to be a failure. However, after a second pass you've come to a very natural and refined final result.

It's really encouraging how things worked out for you in the end... looking good man!

Corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

Looking great plunge. Do you use the aveda shampoo mate? I was thinking about getting some of them products from that post on here like the samy, fx, and aveda potion.
Bonker - I have been using Aveda Pure Abundance Shampoo but haven't been particularly impressed by it. While I haven't done any side by side comparison with photos, my feeling is that I got better results from Vive for Men and it's much more affordable. Once the Aveda runs out I plan to try some other, less expensive products.

I think your hair looks very full. Compared to your preop its a night and day difference. If your hair had always looked like it does now, you probably would never have even looked at a ht site.
Levrais - Thanks! I wish I'd started finasteride 10 years earlier. I may have needed considerably fewer grafts or nothing at all. I'll be turning 43 next month so I feel that my hair is acceptable and appropriate for my age. I think I started the fin just in time to retain a thin yet acceptable covering in the crown. I've got some Toppik but prefer not to use it. I'm comfortable with the appearance.

Looks really good! I agree with above posts about product clumping. I have the same problem. I usually let the style set and then brush my hair lightly a bit with my hands which diffuses the product a bit and makes it look more dense.
hairthere - Thanks for the tip! I do that also. I've had good luck with using a hair pick as well. I find that it helps to "fluff" and add volume. I just bought the wax that I applied in the photos and I'm not thrilled with it. I'm still on a mission to find the best styling options. I'm just happy to have something to style again!!! :D

I remember some time back reading that you initially thought that it was going to be a failure. However, after a second pass you've come to a very natural and refined final result.

It's really encouraging how things worked out for you in the end... looking good man!

Corv - Thanks for the support! As you know, I've been following your progress from the start as well. Your hairline is filling in nicely! Congratulations to you also!

david, two products I've added to my arsenal are American Crew Fiber and Samy Thickening paste. The AC is pricey but a little bit of it goes a long way.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Looks great!!! A really nice transformation...now you have great coverage and hairline looks very natural...congrats and good for you!!! Your outcome definitely provides hope for everyone!

David your hair has really come around nicely since the second HT. Looks great!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

hairthere- Thanks for the tips! I have the Samy thickening paste and like it. I haven't tried American Crew Fiber but I've seen it in the store. I'll give it a try. Another product that my stylist recommended and that I use from time to time is Paul Mitchell Re-Works. It's a texturing cream that has some kind of fibers embedded in it.

NEWHAIRPLEASE - Thanks! I am stoked! With the right haircut and on the right day, I'm over the moon with my results.

JustTheFax - Thank you! I tend to pick up a lot of different products these days and experiment with various combinations. I hope I'll find the perfect routine at some point.

zo1279 - Greatly appreciated! I hope that other guys like me who had subpar results the fist time around will be encouraged by the results of my second pass. Clearly my hair is far from perfect but it's a vast improvement from where I started and, most importantly, it stands on its own as an acceptable head of hair for a middle-aged man. I'm very happy that I chose hair transplant surgery and very pleased with Dr. Alexander's work.

Ken1967 - I've used Head and Shoulders in the past. Some people have reported increased hair loss associated with overuse of H&S. As long as you use it as directed you should be just fine.

RCWest - Thank! Your input is always appreciated!

Here are some pics I snapped today. This time around I'm using Paul Mitchell Re-Works and you can see that it is not clumpy like the wax I used yesterday.

5b32cebd01912_Picture75_Small.jpg.9f4a54b1e74927331039e94968ce0de2.jpg

5b32cebd1f917_Picture77_Small.jpg.c3eea1f1dacb6f687c63668ba8233ab7.jpg

5b32cebd36692_Picture73_Small.jpg.ad9261312a0f1c3d7ca09ca945a176a4.jpg

5b32cebd498ca_Picture74_Small.jpg.aeb99ee95fec7ee0a2c772b03966a096.jpg